Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 55 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #811
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Thats over. So 6 tournaments so far in 2013. Reached one SF and lost that in 2 sets.
Now after this exo comes IW/Miami. If she really is motivated and cares about her career (and does she care, hard to tell for sure from last 18 months), but if she does care, we'll see it IW/Miami.
Maybe she wants the Jankovic life. Its a lot less work, a lot less pressure than fighting at the top, like Vika is
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:51 PM   #812
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I think comparing her to Jankovic is a bit too much. JJ just won a MM tournament after how many years? Caroline had her worst year in 12, still she bagged 2 titles, 2 finals and a Slam QF.
This year so far is more or less the same as 2012, we've got wait and see. I remember last year she played disgusting in IW and then had a great run at Miami, let's see what happens this year.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:56 PM   #813
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Jankovic was #1 for 2008, starting dropping early in 2009, and won IW in 2010, beating Caroline decisively.

Right now, it seems an obvious comparison, especially with Caroline saying she has motivation problems.

They both had no adversity, just fell from the top group without a fight.
Jankovic was a very good player for about 2 years. Underrated because of what happened since.
People will do that to Caroline's career also.

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 12:59 PM   #814
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, for Jankovic Caro's 2012 would be a great success. I think that Caro did not care about this event and used it as a warm up for the exhibition match against Radwanska. She is probably trying to save her strenght for IW and Miami. It will be pretty tough for her, no easy start and matches every day. Hopefully she'll defend most of her points at least.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #815
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Jankovic was #1 for 2008, starting dropping early in 2009, and won IW in 2010, beating Caroline decisively.

Right now, it seems an obvious comparison, especially with Caroline saying she has motivation problems.

They both had no adversity, just fell from the top group without a fight.
Jankovic was a very good player for about 2 years. Underrated because of what happened since.
People will do that to Caroline's career also.
The motivation thing baffles me a bit. How can you lack motivation as a top player when you haven't won a slam?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:02 PM   #816
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, for Jankovic Caro's 2012 would be a great success. I think that Caro did not care about this event and used it as a warm up for the exhibition match against Radwanska. She is probably trying to save her strenght for IW and Miami. It will be pretty tough for her, no easy start and matches every day. Hopefully she'll defend most of her points at least.
The idea of using an actual tournament to warm up for an exhibition disgusts me.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #817
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
The motivation thing baffles me a bit. How can you lack motivation as a top player when you haven't won a slam?
Its about wealth & fame. She has what the young players really want, the material rewards for a great career.
So now, to actually add to that career, she has to keep working like she did when she was on the way up.

Its not unusual. Go back to who were the top players in 2008, names like Jankovic, Ivanovic, Dementieva, Venus, Dinara. Only Serena & Maria are still near the top.

I thought Caroline was such a hard worker, that she would stay near the top. But its being human. Its hard to keep pushing yourself when you already have most of the rewards for success.

I like that she addressed motivation, because that and coaching are probably the biggest parts of the rest of her career

Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:07 PM   #818
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Claire ‏@tclairel
In fact, I dislike seeing anyone being criticised unfairly. On the face of it, bad loss but there is a story there if people can be arsed

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:08 PM   #819
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

‏@GuyMcCreaTennis Stunner - #186 Wang Qiang saves MP, upsets Wozniacki in KL 1R. Yes Caro ankle gripe but really Wang was superb - so mentally strong.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:09 PM   #820
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I think comparing her to Jankovic is a bit too much. JJ just won a MM tournament after how many years? Caroline had her worst year in 12, still she bagged 2 titles, 2 finals and a Slam QF.
This year so far is more or less the same as 2012, we've got wait and see. I remember last year she played disgusting in IW and then had a great run at Miami, let's see what happens this year.
JJ's last title was Indian Wells in 2010.

Anyway, JJ's falloff wasn't really big until last year, when she fell out of the top 15 and ended at #22 in the rankings. JJ finished 2009 and 2010 ranked #8 and won two titles in 2009, one of them a premier 5.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #821
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
JJ's last title was Indian Wells in 2010.

Anyway, JJ's falloff wasn't really big until last year, when she fell out of the top 15 and ended at #22 in the rankings. JJ finished 2009 and 2010 ranked #8 and won two titles in 2009, one of them a premier 5.
Yes..3 years no title for JJ..but last week win Bogota..so great, so happy!!!

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #822
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The idea of using an actual tournament to warm up for an exhibition disgusts me.
This. I find it hard to believe Caro went in with "I am going to tank". Otherwise it is utterly pointless to even turn up. Plus she was putting on one good act if that were the case, her problems went deeper than not trying. She didn't have much energy from the beginning.

The problem I have is Indian Wells and Miami are vitally important for Caro in context of the year. She is #11 in the race, not making Istanbul this year would be a complete disaster. If she doesn't post good results there, she's unlikely to find form on the clay or grass. Is she really giving herself the best chance to perform to her best at Indian Wells playing international events in Asia when not 100% the week before, and playing exhibitions in Asia 4 days before she could have to play. She needs to at least be making the QF's at Indian Wells and Miami.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:18 PM   #823
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well,money talks and the exhibition pays more,so...
Plus, it looks like she had something with her ankle too. It just wasnt worth it for her today.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:21 PM   #824
country flag Protoss

Caro is now 1-4 in 3 set matches this year and 2-3 in tiebreaks.
Old Feb 27th, 2013, 01:25 PM   #825
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well,money talks and the exhibition pays more,so...
Money for exho's, appearance fees for tournaments will soon disappear if your stature in the game drops.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread