Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 342 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #5116
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I know this has been said over and over again, but looking at this video:

it's hard to believe that this girl has never won a slam. Pennetta was playing some absolutly brillant tennis and yet Caroline seemed to be not bothered at all, look at the way she varied her serve and how strong her FH was...her BH was also a lot more solid and avarage speed and depth of all shots was totally different from the current one.
Her presence on court is different, she was closer to the baseline and her "chubbier" body looked to be ready to substain whatever ball was about to come...you can't really say the same nowadays

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 02:52 PM   #5117
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Of course Caro was playing well enough to win a slam. Her last 3 rounds of IW 2011 were Azarenka, Sharapova. Bartoli.
No one was surprised Caro would win with that draw, and all 3 won majors since then.
Caro was up a break in set 3 of the 2010 YEC final against Kim, who was winning most of the majors on hardcourt back then

But its Caro who had her form drop and also her mental toughness has dropped.
So watching her lose at this major, its no surprise she isnt winning any titles in 2013.
The question is: what is Caroline going to do to try to get her old form back, or try to improve from where she is now?
Whatever she is doing now is sending her in the wrong direction
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #5118
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I almost feel like if Caro finishes the year outside the top 10 this year she could go back to basics. Schedule like she's coming back up the ranks again in 2008 and 2009. Get back use to winning tennis matches. Play some internationals. There is no point scheduling around grand slams if you can't near guarantee that you will be at the business end of them. Caro should ignore that and just play, she needs to get back in the state of winning. She needs to get back that winning mentality and confidence that only comes from winning lots of tennis matches.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #5119
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I said that too that maybe it would be an good idea for her too fall out the top 10 and she can play more internationals events but I thoughts as well after IW if she don't go far there it chance she may fall way down kinda like how Ivanovic fell after IW 2010 and that not good at all that my only worry, but yeah maybe her fallen out top 10 would help if she can play more Internationals

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #5120
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Her US Open draw was qualifier, Scheepers, qualifier. Thats not harder than an Intl.
Most of the year she was losing to Pervak, Wang, Voegele, Muguruza..
These are not harder than Intl's.
Its her level of play and inconsistency and being mentally weak at big moments.
She's not losing because she keeps facing Sharapova or Azarenka. She almost never gets that far in a draw anymore

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 03:49 PM   #5121
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Her US Open draw was qualifier, Scheepers, qualifier. Thats not harder than an Intl.
Most of the year she was losing to Pervak, Wang, Voegele, Muguruza..
These are not harder than Intl's.
Its her level of play and inconsistency and being mentally weak at big moments.
She's not losing because she keeps facing Sharapova or Azarenka. She almost never gets that far in a draw anymore
In lesser events though the spotlight and pressure is off. Anyway as I say this idea is stemmed around the idea that she needs to get use to winning matches again. There's a lot of pressure on her to perform at the big events even now. She could do with removing herself from that pressure imo and just try to get back into the winning circle, even at lesser events.

If she can't do that then it doesn't really matter either way, because if she can't win at that level then she's not going anywhere upwards long term anyway.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 04:16 PM   #5122
country flag goldenlox

At lesser events she's going to be the big name there. I dont see how thats less pressure.
And she isnt going to see weaker players than Pervak, Wang, Voegele...

The bigger issue is improving. She HAS to put away short lobs & other sitters near the net.
That is still a problem that costs her a lot of key points. Her forehand looks worse than ever. It should never break down like it did in her last match.
How can you win anything when you hit your forehand off the racket frame?

She needs coaching desperately

Old Sep 9th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #5123
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
At lesser events she's going to be the big name there. I dont see how thats less pressure.
And she isnt going to see weaker players than Pervak, Wang, Voegele...

The bigger issue is improving. She HAS to put away short lobs & other sitters near the net.
That is still a problem that costs her a lot of key points. Her forehand looks worse than ever. It should never break down like it did in her last match.
How can you win anything when you hit your forehand off the racket frame?

She needs coaching desperately.
Because there is no spotlight on the event. There's no worldwide media interest, thus no pressure to prove her credentials etc..
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #5124
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post

it's hard to believe that this girl has never won a slam. Pennetta was playing some absolutly brillant tennis and yet Caroline seemed to be not bothered at all, look at the way she varied her serve and how strong her FH was...her BH was also a lot more solid and avarage speed and depth of all shots was totally different from the current one.
Her presence on court is different, she was closer to the baseline and her "chubbier" body looked to be ready to substain whatever ball was about to come...you can't really say the same nowadays
True, but 'm not convinced that her chubbier body has anything to do with it. She was just as impressive in that match against Serena in Sydney and there she wasn't chubby at all. But leaving aside who is right or wrong about that, she doesn't look like the same player today.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #5125
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I really can't wait too find out who they planned to pick to replace her father as her new coach
It'll soon be the end of the season and nothing seems to be happening on this front at all.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #5126
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ that wat I saying as well I hoping something happen soon but If I recall last time we found out about her first coach since her dad Ricardo Sanchez it was at the beginning of the year start of tennis season, I just hoping they keep there word and get an new coach and the coach get reveal soon Cause she don't need to go through another season without having good coach too help her improve she went through that two year now

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #5127
country flag b_blah

b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all b_blah is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post

going back and watching her old matches makes you sad to see where she is now. but then you know she did it at one stage and may be able to reach this kind of level again, if not surpass it.
b_blah is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 08:29 AM   #5128
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
It'll soon be the end of the season and nothing seems to be happening on this front at all.
NOW would be a good time to start working with a new coach. The slams are over, she's out of contention for a YEC spot but it's all hardcourts for the rest of the year which will enable her to win some matches to help her stay in or near the top 15. The ideal time to get used to each other and perhaps experiment a bit imo. You don't want to tinker with your game or try to find out what might work and what doesn't right before or during the AO. 2014 should be a fresh start and she shouldn't waste half of it away on finding "the new Caro." The new Caro should be there at the start of 2014, eager to get going.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 09:56 AM   #5129
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by b_blah View Post
going back and watching her old matches makes you sad to see where she is now. but then you know she did it at one stage and may be able to reach this kind of level again, if not surpass it.
yes, that's about it indeed. I think she also needs to get this attitude too, she's capable of that, so somewhere she knows she can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
NOW would be a good time to start working with a new coach. The slams are over, she's out of contention for a YEC spot but it's all hardcourts for the rest of the year which will enable her to win some matches to help her stay in or near the top 15. The ideal time to get used to each other and perhaps experiment a bit imo. You don't want to tinker with your game or try to find out what might work and what doesn't right before or during the AO. 2014 should be a fresh start and she shouldn't waste half of it away on finding "the new Caro." The new Caro should be there at the start of 2014, eager to get going.
that would be indeed the best option, especially with the schedule that clearly sets her out of chances to qualify for YEC now. I hope she "listens" to your advices and next week announces her new coach

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 10th, 2013, 10:05 AM   #5130
country flag goldenlox

Its Caro's mentality. She shouldnt accept what she's been doing the last 2 years.
None of the great players just sit where she is the last 2 years.. irrelevant, losing early every major. Losing early almost every tournament.
Any player who accepts this without making major changes to her team and to her training, does not want it bad enough.

What she is doing the last 2 years just makes her look like one of the weakest #1's ever.
That is not something she should accept so willingly

I dont mean how hard she works. I mean whatever she is doing, her game is regressing and shows no sign of a forward move.

Closed Thread