Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 336 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:34 AM   #5026
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Sponsors wise don't she have a lifetime deal with Adidas & she don't a a racket Sponsors atm ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:40 AM   #5027
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Sponsors wise don't she have a lifetime deal with Adidas & she don't a a racket Sponsors atm ?
I would have to say you're right there. I'm not sure about the lifetime with Adidas, but I thought I heard something along those lines. Also, I'm sure that Babolat would take her back being that she will probably be in the top 15 by the end of the year. They'll always take a name like Caro, not to mention a top 15er.
njcbe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:43 AM   #5028
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
I've got to thinking about Caro's game as a whole after the Giorgi match and I found something interesting. I was watching best of five on tennis channel and Justine Henin was on one of their lists. They broke down her game and I was shocked (let's say I'm not old enough to remember her in her prime). The guests said her forehand was a major weapon, her backhand was gorgeous with great variety and slice with a good drop shot. She had very good movement and footwork and her serve was a bit inconsistent, but passible. When I look at Caro's game, the only department where I would say is anywhere close to Justine is her movement and footwork. Now, I know enough about Justine to know she was an outstanding player, but if we want Caro to win a slam, I thought I would compare her game to some other major winners such as Justine.
The positive way to look at Caro's situation is that she has so many area in which she can improve upon. The negative way to look at it is she's lost too much confidence and feels as though her hard work isn't paying off. Let's hope for the former
Caro's BH was as good a weapon as any stroke on tour... What's hurting her is the errors that have crept into her game, and that need to creep out again. She has just taken the firsts step to sorting that out.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:00 AM   #5029
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
I've got to thinking about Caro's game as a whole after the Giorgi match and I found something interesting. I was watching best of five on tennis channel and Justine Henin was on one of their lists. They broke down her game and I was shocked (let's say I'm not old enough to remember her in her prime). The guests said her forehand was a major weapon, her backhand was gorgeous with great variety and slice with a good drop shot. She had very good movement and footwork and her serve was a bit inconsistent, but passible. When I look at Caro's game, the only department where I would say is anywhere close to Justine is her movement and footwork. Now, I know enough about Justine to know she was an outstanding player, but if we want Caro to win a slam, I thought I would compare her game to some other major winners such as Justine.
The positive way to look at Caro's situation is that she has so many area in which she can improve upon. The negative way to look at it is she's lost too much confidence and feels as though her hard work isn't paying off. Let's hope for the former
Another thing that comes out of this comparison is the physical difference between Justine Henin and Caroline Wozniacki. Caro is much more physically-imposing in stature (four inches taller), but Henin's offensive game is a world apart from Caro's. That's the really sad part.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:12 AM   #5030
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I also agree. This could well be the match, which broke the camels back.

It is now crystal clear. Written with miles long letters in the sky : Caro is not a contender for anything (apart from most embarrassing loss, but there aren't many award shows for that).

No more 'oh it takes time to change the game' blah blah ... It's been the excuse for 2 years. Enough is enough. From reports, Caro was in tears after the R3 loss, so presumably also for her, the penny has dropped.

And as you rightly said above, either way, the near term future is a complete and utter disaster ... and a mess.

If she is serious about anything, she needs to sort out the coaching situation. ASAP.

The relaxed 'in the off season, we'll sort it out', just isn't cutting it .. by then, the mental damage after a string of R1 losses to nobodies may well be too severe to fix.
Because tennis players go from club level to Slam contenders overnight right?

Every change is a gamble and the cost varies greatly. Changes is always ongoing, and if you take a wrong turn it can take a long time to resolve. At the top of any sport the differences are mostly marginal between players, and from what I have seen she still has the elements to challenge at the very top, but is struggling with consistency and confidence.

One area Caroline was never the strongest was making tactical changes during a match. She was improving but she has taken a step back unsurprisingly in tandem with the breakdown of her consistency. Not surprising really that that would happen when your confidence in your game has taken a large knock. It's been the most striking development for me that she is able to play a sublime point, and then follow it up with a limp shocker, rather than force the issue to a win. It's not rocket science to gather the reason behind that, or coincidence that it happens in pressure situations of the match.

What strikes me is the lack of support from some of her so called fans here that rather than comprehend prefer to mock for what ever self-interested reason.

She isn't a robot... She is what would be described as a very young athlete in any other sport, and only on the cusp of realising the required experience to be considered a squad regular.

It's always been about time.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:14 AM   #5031
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

That funny cause your not the first person I heard who have made comparison with Justine Henin & Caroline Wozniacki, & that speaking from and Henin fan as well, many have said that I know of how Henin Improve alot over the year as a player and how Caro should try the same, I alway Compare Caro to Kim Clijsters, & how she should try look at kim game and see if she can play that style of play

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:23 AM   #5032
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
That funny cause your not the first person I heard who have made comparison with Justine Henin & Caroline Wozniacki, & that speaking from and Henin fan as well, many have said that I know of how Henin Improve alot over the year as a player and how Caro should try the same, I alway Compare Caro to Kim Clijsters, & how she should try look at kim game and see if she can play that style of play
Yes, I always found the Clijsters comparison to be relevant. Kim was mostly a defensive player early in her career, and later turned her forehand into a decent weapon. I wish Caro would do the same (improbable), or at least improve it enough so it's no longer such an obvious liability.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 04:45 AM   #5033
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Yes, I always found the Clijsters comparison to be relevant. Kim was mostly a defensive player early in her career, and later turned her forehand into a decent weapon. I wish Caro would do the same (improbable), or at least improve it enough so it's no longer such an obvious liability.
Yeah That WHy I say Caro should try look what Kim did I & how she develop an Better FH mid of her career also how she learn how too balance & play Defense & Aggressive Tennis, I think if she can get an coach I really think she can make it happen Caroline she gotta be willing too make those changes and take that risk that one reason I was kinda hoping Caro hire Wim Fisette as a coach but Sabine has him already

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 06:17 AM   #5034
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I dont see a positive way to look at it.
She was at her best major, healthy, with the racket she wants, and a great draw. And her level of play collapsed against a qualifier.
Every player is going to attack her forehand. It was barely WTA level the last 10 games.
Which explains all the losses to Pervak, Wang, Voegele, etc.
I can see Caro losing all those matches the way she played the last 10,11 games against Giorgi.
Its just weak tennis with no excuse, except she's playing weak tennis. No draw is soft enough

Its not like it just suddenly happened. She had bad losses all year and no titles. This certainly made it clear why.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:19 AM   #5035
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

To make everything simple, I hope Wozniacki camp realizes what Caro lacks…. Are they not checking or reviewing videos of her matches? I am not a professional coach/tennis player or whatsoever but you can easily see the difference of her games against the Top 3 players in the world. And that speaks for itself why she will never win a slam or even win Premier titles as of the moment. Truth hurts Caro and accept it. Motivate yourself to improve and not be so complacent.
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:33 AM   #5036
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But Clijsters had power, Caroline doesn't. I think that Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario would be a more realistic role model for Caroline than Kim.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 11:52 AM   #5037
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont see Clijsters comparisons. Kim got to #1 before she won a major, but she Just missed 2001 FO. And was in 2 slam finals in 2003, plus had matchpoints on Serena in AO SF.
Her level never fell off. She just didnt win several slam finals before 2005 USO.

This is very different. Caroline is playing at a level where she's not even close to being a contender, no matter what the draw.
And Caro was winning some points just from her effort level, running down ball after ball until Giorgi missed a sitter. So she was trying as hard as ever. Excellent effort level.

But every part of Caro's game is weak. Just look at the 4-5 set 2 game. Won no points with her serve. Bad volley, terrible forehand, backhand errors.. Who can you beat like that?

DownInAHole was right. No matter how soft the draw is, you cant be too optimistic the way she's been playing all year.
She had some good wins here & there, so I was thinking motivation. But Duval beat Stosur, so a win or 2 over a name doesnt mean you are playing well.
Caroline is not playing well, for 2 years

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 02:50 PM   #5038
country flag RU90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
But Clijsters had power, Caroline doesn't. I think that Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario would be a more realistic role model for Caroline than Kim.
I didn't follow tennis then, but I trust that is a more accurate comparison.

I guess it's too optimistic to compare Caro to any Grand Slam champion now, because her level of play just isn't good enough.
Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:21 PM   #5039
country flag goldenlox

Where is Caroline in the race? Is she heading towards 11-15 or 16-20?
As she drops, its more likely she faces a good player early in majors

Old Sep 3rd, 2013, 03:31 PM   #5040
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I didn't follow tennis then, but I trust that is a more accurate comparison.
She was very much like Caroline in my modest opinion. Ok-ish serve, vulnerable forehand (not as vulnerable as Caro's though ), great two handed backhand with great down the line shots, outstanding defense, could run like a rabbit and she could keep going for as long as was necessary. The only difference is that Sanchez-Vicario had great drop shots and that she was very crafty around the net as well.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread