Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 330 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 07:58 AM   #4936
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Ao 2012 - QF
USO 2011 - SF

if nothing changes, those will be her best results for long, but I've said it enough already, now she has to do something, we all her fans are all supporting her even in this horrible moment, but she has to grow some guts and take a final step in her career

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:10 AM   #4937
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh. The draw of a lifetime and she fucks it up. Ugh, ugh, ugh.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:31 AM   #4938
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know if this is a good comparison, but for some reason this match is making me of Caro's match against Dokic at the Oz Open in 2009. Caro played a good 1st set but then imploded afterwards.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:35 AM   #4939

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I think that the "she can't beat a ballbasher in a good day" really entered her mind she had very serious lapses of non-fight after that first set and her post-match interview seems just to reflect that once more. Thankfully she won't make it to the YEC (despite being up to the n°10 to get in!) and won't finish the year into the top 10, at least that should make her think that she either retires or start considering a way out

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:54 AM   #4940
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I think that the "she can't beat a ballbasher in a good day" really entered her mind she had very serious lapses of non-fight after that first set and her post-match interview seems just to reflect that once more. Thankfully she won't make it to the YEC (despite being up to the n°10 to get in!) and won't finish the year into the top 10, at least that should make her think that she either retires or start considering a way out
I think that she competed well. She's just not good enough. That forehand...
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 08:56 AM   #4941
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
And that's her problem in a nutshell. She's sometimes comparitively agressive against players who don't have that much more power than her, but she never manages to be agressive herself against power hitters. And I think it's more a matter of her not being able to do that than her not wanting to do that. Judging by some of her recent matches she's also trying to come to the net a bit more, but she rarely does against the really good players, and that's when she needs it the most.
Who are you counting as power hitters?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:16 AM   #4942

Quote:
I think that she competed well. She's just not good enough. That forehand...
no, I don't think she competed well. She defended well, but she never tried to win this match, she tried not to lose. Once Flavia said the same about her QF vs Kerber, you ain't winning matches by playing not to lose.
She actually competed well in a few patches of the match, expecially when down, but this attitude won't make her win slams, because if Camila was a little more erratic she would have got through, but with that level she would have got her ass kicked severely by all the other players left in this section

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:19 AM   #4943
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Who are you counting as power hitters?
The ones that are usually referred to as the BB.
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:20 AM   #4944
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She could fall out the Top 10 ? & I don't think she should retire I mean she playing awful but she need too find away too get out this slump improve and get back in the mix with the top player But a Coach needed badly at this point to help her improve, she need help with her FH & Serve as well as net play but mostly finding the balance of defense & aggressive tennis kinda like what Andy Murray does

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:26 AM   #4945
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
no, I don't think she competed well. She defended well, but she never tried to win this match, she tried not to lose. Once Flavia said the same about her QF vs Kerber, you ain't winning matches by playing not to lose.
She actually competed well in a few patches of the match, expecially when down, but this attitude won't make her win slams, because if Camila was a little more erratic she would have got through, but with that level she would have got her ass kicked severely by all the other players left in this section
In Caroline's case defending well and keeping the ball alive is her way of trying to win a match at least 70% of the time. Winning slams? I don't even consider the possibility. Let's try to win an international first. If she can do that I'll already be eight miles high.
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:27 AM   #4946

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
She could fall out the Top 10 ? & I don't think she should retire I mean she playing awful but she need too find away too get out this slump improve and get back in the mix with the top player But a Coach needed badly at this point to help her improve, she need help with her FH & Serve as well as net play but mostly finding the balance of defense & aggressive tennis kinda like what Andy Murray does
she's almost sure to be out of the top 10 IMO: more than 1000 points to defend and a horrible scheduling, I expect her to flop badly in at least two of the last three events, with a huge chance for a horrible loss in Luxembur...she is 14th in the race, with a big chance that Halep passes her, all the other contenders for the top 10 still in the tournament.
She couldn't capitalize a good moment of form and game (because she played reasonably well this summer) on her fave slam, where she never flopped before (let's ignore last year as she was injured) with a wide open draw
I of course don't mean she should retire, I want her to get back and I always believe she could do it, but if she's unwilling to try, there's no point in travelling the world losing match after match all the respect the world had for her

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:28 AM   #4947
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

It's weird to think that even at her current level, Caro has a pretty good chance of remaining a top 10 player. There are only 4-5 players with consistent high results, the rest of the top 10/15 are getting beaten on the same regular basis as Caro. And with Serena and Li Na likely retiring within a forseeable future, the very top of women's tennis is set to become even thinner, unless up and coming young players like Stephens and Halep really step it up. So Caro may remain a 'top player' on paper without actually scoring top tournament results.
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:30 AM   #4948

Quote:
In Caroline's case defending well and keeping the ball alive is her way of trying to win a match at least 70% of the time. Winning slams? I don't even consider the possibility. Let's try to win an international first. If she can do that I'll already be eight miles high.
true that, when she can produce some pace whenever she has the chance...last night she lost at least 20 rallies where she was dictating the point, but failed to stay aggresive and move Giorgi...I don't like to talk about "old Caro", but that time is needed, even last week she was going more for her shots whenever she had a chance

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:38 AM   #4949
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
true that, when she can produce some pace whenever she has the chance...last night she lost at least 20 rallies where she was dictating the point, but failed to stay aggresive and move Giorgi...I don't like to talk about "old Caro", but that time is needed, even last week she was going more for her shots whenever she had a chance
That's what I meant when I said that she's sometimes agressive (for Caro) against less powerful opponents, but against power hitters she can't do it. I don't think it's really a conscious descision on her part - she just can't do it. You often see some exchanges where she tries to give as good as she gets, but one or two hard and deep hits to her forehand wing and she can't keep up. She'll either make an error or gives the other girl a short ball that she can put away.
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 09:55 AM   #4950
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I know alot ppl might disagree with me when I say that Caroline can be aggressive and finish off point as well as play defense, to me IMO she get too caught up in the running alot ball down and waiting for an error which is her game style and brought her success but as of late it cause her trouble as well because players are not hitting as many error like they used too. But I think Caro can finish of points an go for her winner you look back at matches like her matches against Kia Seoul, When she play Sam at Moscow, or Maria at U.S. Open & Sernea at Madrid & Tamira Paszek at WImby even through she lost those two matches she was really playing the type tennis she need too play with the balance of Aggressive & Defense tennis.

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread