Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 329 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:58 AM   #4921
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro now has 10 losses this season against players who are currently outside the YEC race top 30.
After watching this match, that makes sense. the whole clay season makes sense.
The only thing that didnt make sense was Kerber losing to her. But I guess Kerber had a really bad day. Otherwise, Caro's whole year is empty. Not as good as Sveta, who lost already. Jovanovski, lost already.

Its funny. I'd been saying all year she's losing her 1st matches because of motivation. i had it backwards. She tries hard, its low level of play. Assume Kerber was off that 1 day, and Caro's level of play will lose most matches, and thats what she's doing.
You cant beat anyone if they hit hard to your forehand and you cant return it. Thats club tennis, not pro tennis. She still competes and trys hard, but now I understand the last 2 years more clearly.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:07 AM   #4922
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

I fell into the trap of expecting her to go deep here, and I should have known better. I never should have believed that she "turned the corner" since Cincinnati.

Even during her number one heydays, Caro could be overwhelmed by someone who could play with controlled aggression, like a Clijsters. Now, it's happening against the Camila Giorgis of the world, AND she's losing to scrubs because she makes far more errors.

(2013: 15 losses to players outside top 20, 9 losses to players outside top 50, 4 to players out of top 100)

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am, but I never should have had expectations.
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:12 AM   #4923
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I kept saying one match at a time, because the possiblities looked too good.'
I think a lot of us got sucked in by the unusual draw where Errani, who is having a bad summer, was the only higher seed.

I also think the forehand was so weak, that she cant hide it anymore. I have no positive expectations going forward.
Even hiring a coach doesnt mean she's accomplished something. That forehand is so weak, it might have to be totally deconstructed, and that might never turn into a positive.
So I consider this one of her worst losses ever, but I understand all the bad losses now. Its her level. Running down balls can only do so much. You have to be able to hit steady with depth even when balls are coming to you with pace. She lost the ability to be steady when she tried to be more aggressive. She was able to use her skillset in those days. But steady part of her game is gone

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:18 AM   #4924
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think she spent too much time without a coach don't get me wrong her father done a good job with her but she need a coach and someone who going help her improve her game I feel that something both Vika & Aga did & I hoping Caro do the same this year and maybe she can get in the mix again with the top players at least top 5 and making some run in slams

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:19 AM   #4925
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
After watching this match, that makes sense. the whole clay season makes sense.
The only thing that didnt make sense was Kerber losing to her. But I guess Kerber had a really bad day. Otherwise, Caro's whole year is empty. Not as good as Sveta, who lost already. Jovanovski, lost already.

Its funny. I'd been saying all year she's losing her 1st matches because of motivation. i had it backwards. She tries hard, its low level of play. Assume Kerber was off that 1 day, and Caro's level of play will lose most matches, and thats what she's doing.
You cant beat anyone if they hit hard to your forehand and you cant return it. Thats club tennis, not pro tennis. She still competes and trys hard, but now I understand the last 2 years more clearly.
But her beating Kerber isn't too out of there when you look with hindsight. Kerber has just as many problems as Caro does. And when you look at that match, the tennis played was not high quality, it was great fight from Caro, but the level of tennis wasn't high. This is true for most of Caro's big wins this year, the other namely against Kvitova, it looks good on paper, but reality is Kvitova has been losing to a lot of players all season.

I don't think she's as far away from top 10 as you make out. But that's not particularly because of Caro, it's just because the lower end of the top 10 is weak. The pack is way closer than it normally is. Normally the bottom end of the top 10 are pretty cemented in their positions, this is nowhere near the case this year. Even now, Caro with a strong showing in Tokyo and Beijing will end the year in the top 10.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:28 AM   #4926
country flag goldenlox

Yeah, she still runs down a lot of balls and has a decent backhand, so she can win a match or 2 if the draw is right. She started the year losing to Pervak. That should have clued me in immediately. Then Sveta twice. I know Sveta is nowhere near where she was in 2009. I dont think Sveta made a semi all year.
But look, Caro's only won 2 quarters all year, so they're still close in their falls from 2009

She pretty much been at the same level all year. Just assume she loses to Vika at IW, instead of getting a bye that round. This IW she beat off form Vesnina, and a slumping Petrova. Thats possible at Caro's level.

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:30 AM   #4927
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

^Frankly, it is quite amazing that she is still in the top 10 with the results that she's had. She actually moved up recently to number eight. It is mostly because of her end-of-year results last year and the Indian Wells final. Let's see what happens, because with this level of play, she should be dropping fast...
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:30 AM   #4928
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post

I don't think she's as far away from top 10 as you make out. But that's not particularly because of Caro, it's just because the lower end of the top 10 is weak.
Even though Caroline may stay in the top 10 this year, her level definitely hasn't been top 10. She just profits from being a high seed at all events she plays thanks to which she avoids the best players in early rounds. If she had started the year at, say, number forty there's no way that she would have gotten anywhere near back to the top 10 with her current level of play.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:35 AM   #4929
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Even though Caroline may stay in the top 10 this year, her level definitely hasn't been top 10. She just profits from being a high seed at all events she plays thanks to which she avoids the best players in early rounds. If she had started the year at, say, number forty there's no way that she would have gotten anywhere near back to the top 10 with her current level of play.
Yeah, the only way to save her ranking was this draw. beat players like Vinci & Giorgi, and use these slam points to save her ranking.
I was thinking before this draw came out that she was heading out of the top 20.
This draw seemed like a miracle. Sharapova withdraws, she gets the Errani quarter. Besides Halep, no one in this quarter was playing well, and Halep never made a slam run, and wasnt in Caro's 16 anyway.

But this draw couldnt hide reality. She almost snuck thru this match, then her forehand imploded

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 04:50 AM   #4930
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, the only way to save her ranking was this draw. beat players like Vinci & Giorgi, and use these slam points to save her ranking.
I was thinking before this draw came out that she was heading out of the top 20.
This draw seemed like a miracle. Sharapova withdraws, she gets the Errani quarter. Besides Halep, no one in this quarter was playing well, and Halep never made a slam run, and wasnt in Caro's 16 anyway.

But this draw couldnt hide reality. She almost snuck thru this match, then her forehand imploded
Caro will probably have one last chance to save her ranking in Tokyo and Beijing. She's going to be a high seed. The lower you drop the tougher it gets. 13-16, outside top 16, it just keeps getting harder. The lower you fall the more your fate falls into the luck of the draw at the big events.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 05:21 AM   #4931
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I just can't wait till this year over & Hoping she & her father keep there word and get an coach to bring to the team. I hoping she can end the year on a high note & what I mean by that is making a deep run in Tokyo and Beijing

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 05:22 AM   #4932
country flag Trey

Question Do ya think Caroline should try going to an Tennis Academy do ya think that will help her ?

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 05:46 AM   #4933
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

This loss doesn't surprise me, with the level she played in the first two rounds, I knew she won't go far! Still I'm very dissapointed because if she can't get through this draw then there's is no hope for her, she may as well retire and be a fulltime WAG! I lost my believe in her, and now I understand, her problem is not a racket or Piotr, it's her attitude, she is not willing to change anything and always finds an excuse to her losses (just read her press conference )
P.S. It's enough of me, I am staying away from this forum for some time, don't see the point posting here when I have nothing good to say about her as a tennis player! I probably will keep updating my twitter and watch some of her matches but certainly not as much as before! Bye everyone for now!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 06:05 AM   #4934
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
IMO the worst thing of this loss was that Giorgi didn't win it by attacking Caro's FH only like it happened many times, yet in the end it was always this shot to make her crumble....basically every important point ended with a misshit return or a netted FH.

Even worse though it's her mental and physical shape: she lost confidence and imo both power and stamina, she looks less sprinty, is way less efficient on the short distance and she always looks mentally frail.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 06:42 AM   #4935
country flag Trey

How long has it been since Caro have made an QF or better at an Major ?

Closed Thread