Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 327 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 11:30 AM   #4891
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Thats interesting, I've never seen Giorgi play.
Caro has to focus on her game and playing it better and better as each round goes by.
She just missed being one set all with Azarenka, 2 weeks ago.
Caro has to just think about this player, this match; and not look ahead. Just like old times. Take care of business.
The only way you win 40 semifinals and 20 finals by age 23 is take care of business each round and that means Giorgi.

not the best match, but you get an idea...Caro will have to keep a nice play, she can't go back to the safe "moonball" plan as Giorgi hits very well over the shoulder

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #4892
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
she's out of the top 100 due to a severe injury that forced her to play like 5-6 events and poorly
Her highest ranking is #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I wouldn't totally dismiss her chances though.
1/6 is a chance. It happens. Apart from that. BBB.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #4893
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its important that Caroline takes this match very seriously. Giorgi is the only player who can beat her on Saturday, and you want to be ready and play your best.

The good part is that Caroline is focusing and fighting like old times. She won 17 of her last 20 games. That is nonstop focus.

Giorgi is going to hit winners and win some games. Caroline has to keep fighting and keep this roll going.
Try to play her best in each round.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 01:12 PM   #4894
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post

not the best match, but you get an idea...Caro will have to keep a nice play, she can't go back to the safe "moonball" plan as Giorgi hits very well over the shoulder
Haven't seen any of her matches, can we compare her playing style to Cibulkova!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #4895
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

From those highlights she seems fairly solid from both wings, no weak side though her forehand seems more explosive. Caro is going to have to run a lot of balls, hopefully she has a good serving day and she can focus on return.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #4896
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

If Giorgi plays like she did at Wimbledon last year, this could be a very tough match. I've seen her play a few times now - last year against Petrova Wimbledon R3 and this year against Cirstea Wimbledon R2. She strikes the ball very well and digs in when she's down. I think she was down 5-1 in the second set against Petrova and came back to win it. She saved 5 set points (a few each set) against Cirstea in a 7-6 7-6 win.

I haven't seen her play on hard court, but she trains in Miami so I'm sure she's comfortable on the surface.

I agree with the others - if Caroline serves well and is prepared to run, she should get through this.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 10:15 AM   #4897
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Weather forecast is okay. Might be light rain late afternoon, but clears out quick.
Monday could be a washout. But Monday only matters to the winner of tonight's match.
So winning this match is all that matters. I think Caro is playing well enough to win. Focusing as well as she has all year.
Has to keep her level high, dont get frustrated if Giorgi has a hot game or 2. Do what you do well and keep doing it well

Old Aug 31st, 2013, 12:38 PM   #4898
country flag caroalltheway

caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future caroalltheway has a brilliant future

Caro's draw is ridiculous, if she doesn't make the semis...
caroalltheway is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 31st, 2013, 01:09 PM   #4899
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

As expected easy win for Caroline over Scheepers !

Interesting R3 match. If Giorgi is on could be tough, if not Caro should win

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is online now View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:55 AM   #4900
country flag goldenlox

Caro was up 64 44 in round 3, but her forehand just fell apart.
If she doesnt want a coach, I guess she deserves this. There must have been 10 total misshits and another 10 really weak forehand errors.

Its crazy that the player who was winning half her tournaments cant put a forehand in court.
But its 2 years of this, and its all Caro. She doesnt want a coach and her career is in chaos. This was the softest draw imagineable and she falls apart
She trys hard, but you cant have a forehand that is so unreliable. Forget about being aggressive, you have to put it in the court once in a while

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:57 AM   #4901
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

This is why I thought it was crazy to think she was going to make the semis or even the quarters. She's just not capable of playing good enough tennis to win four or five matches in a row.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 02:59 AM   #4902
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
This is why I thought it was crazy to think she was going to make the semis or even the quarters. She's just not capable of playing good enough tennis to win four or five matches in a row.
Yeah, thats been true all year, but I didnt realize her forehand could cave in this badly. She would have never been in 15 semis in 19 tournaments if her forehand was this wonky.
I had to see this to believe it. She runs down balls, and then just frames a forehand, or floats it in the doubles alley.
This was a really weak effort after 64 44. Just 10k level

Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:04 AM   #4903
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Amazing match by Giorgi, everything was just landing in and she also was consistent and smart at times

Caroline, just bad...very bad, because the first set was par-level, but at least she was very solid and clutchy...then she let Giorgi in by starting shank her forehand and gifting this 2nd game of 2nd set, from then on it was NID that Giorgi was going to win...Giorgi is the kind of player that can play horrible, but if she starts playing well she ain't ever her level dropping, what was sad is that Caroline just seems to fall apart mentally so easily.

At this point I really hope she takes the rest of the year off and finds a coach for real...there's just no point, she ain't making the YEC, she ain't gaining confidence nor game by wins on her fave surface, on her best part of the season...today she had no business losing and she looked like she was lost from the first game.

And that's the last time I follow a night match of hers, I always end up with a messed sleeping pattern, horrible mood and a great disappointment

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:10 AM   #4904
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Whenever her forehand breaks down it's an ugly mess... she really needs to change things, she's going nowhere and Piotr looks even more fed up than us. I don't like "easy" draws, they never play out.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Sep 1st, 2013, 03:21 AM   #4905
country flag goldenlox

I think this was one of the really bad losses of her career.
The way the draw set up, that she had changed rackets and had okay results, that she was close to winning this at 64 44.
The way her forehand imploded. Thats not acceptable at this level. You cant ever win with that weak a forehand.
Even when she was winning Tier I's her forehand was her weak side, but I dont remember it ever breaking down this badly.
It killed her game after game, and her opponent wasnt even targeting that side

So now what? She and dad and adidas team just go business as usual?
If you cant get through this draw with the racket you want at your best major, where do you go from here?

This match looks like it may be the end of an era. Her career can really dissolve unless that forehand improves a lot. Everyone will go after it nonstop after this mess

Closed Thread