Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 326 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 29th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #4876
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Well, at least one thing is for sure - she's avoided a humiliation of falling at the first hurdle.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 29th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #4877
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
markalannixon
Piotr in Ekstra Bladet: The new coach wants me there all next year, I only want to travel for slams and big tournaments.

Sounds like some bs again! Why would a new coach want Piotr there all the time if all know what happened with previous coaches! And does it mean they already found someone, I thought that they still looking for one
How will Caro form a relationship with a new coach if Piotr is still around all the time?

The new coach could keep being undermined if Caro is turning to Piotr.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 29th, 2013, 09:54 PM   #4878
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think how Caro does here will affect her future coaching decisions.
This is her best major, going for 4th semifinal at the last 5 US Opens.
Very open draw. So if she has a good tournament, she's back on track. Back to where she was when she beat Kerber in the IW semis.

But first she has to beat Scheepers. Its only a good draw if you take advantage of it
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 12:54 AM   #4879
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Giorgi seems to have been having a great deal of problems with her right shoulder this year. She withdrew from IW in the spring because of it and again from Washington and following tournaments in the summer. USO is her first tournament since Wimbledon.

If Caro beats this Italian, she'll definitely face another Italian in 4R: Vinci or Knapp. If she reaches QF, she'll potentially face a third Italian in a row there: Pennetta.

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Aug 30th, 2013 at 01:08 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #4880
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

I swear Piotr or the Adidas team reads this forum haha.
The only thing I complained about in her match against Vika was that she should be taking more balls out of the air more often and she did it tonight!

Third round. It's okay, but she can get further.
I have a really bad feeling about Giorgi though... I haven't seen her play in a while, but she hits hard and isn't AS idiotic as other ballbashers.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 01:06 AM   #4881
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone you play in round 3 is going to be tough. Caro maybe should watch some tape of Camila Giorgi.
Caro has played almost every big hitter on the tour. So I'm more concerned with Caroline focusing and competing, just like round 2.
Make her play great to win.

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 06:59 AM   #4882
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

I would've been a little more comfortable with Hsieh as the 3R opponent despite her being ranked 100 spots higher than Giorgi. Not just because of the way Hsieh's playing style matches up and previous Caro wins but because our girl KNOWS her. We all know that Caro has a comfort zone where she plays her best, we saw that in the match against Scheepers: Caro knew what to expect and how to deal with it. Giorgi is an unknown element where Caro probably can't help feeling a bit uncertain of the best way to play and I doubt her game will be as smooth as last night. Still, if Caro wants to be a factor at slams, she should definitely win a match like this 3R encounter.
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #4883
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Giorgi seems to have been having a great deal of problems with her right shoulder this year. She withdrew from IW in the spring because of it and again from Washington and following tournaments in the summer. USO is her first tournament since Wimbledon.

If Caro beats this Italian, she'll definitely face another Italian in 4R: Vinci or Knapp. If she reaches QF, she'll potentially face a third Italian in a row there: Pennetta.
None has seen Giorgi playing so far in the USOpen, but she seems to be playing quite well and peak Giorgi is a very tricky opponent for everyone, even Serena had problems dealing with her in Charleston. Caroline needs to pull a very solid performance, force Giorgi to hit on the run (even though she's a great mover and can hit massive winners) and don't give up even if she seems to be hitting everything in even by then. Most of all she HAS to serve well and don't fold just because she gets match serves hammered with winners.
I believe it's going to be a really tough match, but that's a chance to raise her level a bit and get in full confidence to the 2nd week.

I would really love a QF clash between her and Flavia, but I really don't see my dear Sucketta passing through Sveta

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 07:37 AM   #4884
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I don't really know much about Camila Giorgi, I only saw her play like three or four time, but judging the time I saw her play her serve is bad she hit alot DF, and she sprays alot error when in long rallies & she doesn't seem that fast if I worng correct me. If someone else who know her game better than me can u please give me an better input ? anyway I think caro should win it I mean Camila good but she not like one of the another young rising star like Sloane, Madison Keys, Donna, Genie, Laura Robson & Monica Puig who is known for causes upsets not saying she not capable through, but I think Caro should have the edge in this match, also like I said I only seen very little of Giorgi so I don't know much about but i don't think she hit as hard as DUAN Ying-Ying

A.Radwańska ⎮ Halep ⎮ Bouchard ⎮ Keys ⎮ Stephens ⎮ Robson ⎮ Vekić ⎮ Puig
Townsend ⎮ Duval ⎮ Vickery ⎮ Abanda ⎮ Kovinić ⎮ Konjuh ⎮ Krejčíková ⎮ Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #4885
country flag goldenlox

I've been thinking this for years, that majors were going to start falling apart.
As Serena gets older, I'm sure its going to happen a lot.

Caro looks like she is focusing and fighting the whole match again. Like she used to.
Giorgi is going to have to play a great match to win.

Caro had played plenty of big hitters. You dont win 20 titles, mostly Premiers, by avoiding people

So I'm looking forward to this. Keep this level of tennis and just focus on this one match

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:08 AM   #4886
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Betting odds tell us that Caro is expected to win 5 out of 6 matches against Giorgi. Sure, the (B)BB rated Italian could be the next jackpot winner and see all her shots land inside the lines, but given what I understand about her playing style and the fact, she's outside top 100, the risk should be rather minuscule.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4887
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Betting odds tell us that Caro is expected to win 5 out of 6 matches against Giorgi. Sure, the (B)BB rated Italian could be the next jackpot winner and see all her shots land inside the lines, but given what I understand about her playing style and the fact, she's outside top 100, the risk should be rather minuscule.
Thats interesting, I've never seen Giorgi play.
Caro has to focus on her game and playing it better and better as each round goes by.
She just missed being one set all with Azarenka, 2 weeks ago.
Caro has to just think about this player, this match; and not look ahead. Just like old times. Take care of business.
The only way you win 40 semifinals and 20 finals by age 23 is take care of business each round and that means Giorgi.

Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #4888
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
she's out of the top 100 due to a severe injury that forced her to play like 5-6 events and poorly

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:26 AM   #4889
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I wouldn't totally dismiss her chances though. The fact alone that she's made it to the third round means that she must at least be playing reasonably well. But from what I've seen from Caroline in New Haven and her two matches here I would still expect her to win this. Caroline has always said in the past that she plays better if she has a few matches under her belt. Recently she hasn't had the chance to build up that momentum because she always lost in the first or second round. But now she's been able to play some matches in quick succession and she's winning again, so that wil help her confidence as well. It's remarkable that as soon as Caroline changed racquets she started doing well again. If that is indeed the main reason than what a pity that she wasted two years of her career because of an issue like that.

But anyway, this is again a match that Caro should go into with an intensity as though it is the final. She should win this, but over the last two years there have been plenty of matches that she should have won but ended up losing. So be confident, but take nothing for granted.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 30th, 2013, 10:29 AM   #4890
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

I think it will be a though match if Giorgi is on her day, hopefully she won't be and Caro's cosistency will be enough for the win!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread