Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 324 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #4846
country flag poulao

poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of poulao has much to be proud of
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
The majority of players simply wouldn't give Duan a chance to do this. Which is my entire point. Caro was giving her chances to take big cuts at the ball. Caro barely moved Duan around at all, and when she did she pretty much instantly won the point.
I was nervous to, Caro was spinning the serve in and so on, in the beginning of the match. But then when it mattered, she raised her game, like the three last games of the second set. So overall, she was never in any danger, IMO at least.
poulao is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #4847
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

With this draw, you dont want to peak in round 1 anyway. Just get thru Scheepers and play a little better.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #4848
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The majority of players simply wouldn't give Duan a chance to do this. Which is my entire point. Caro was giving her chances to take big cuts at the ball. Caro barely moved Duan around at all, and when she did she pretty much instantly won the point.
The windy conditions hindered her from going for it too much! And Duan even made big cuts at the ball from everywhere so it's no as if simply moving her around would have completely stopped Duan from going for it. Sometimes I wonder if you're actually a Caroline fan at all. I never knew fans come be so negative about a player that they support, it's quite sad really.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 12:55 PM   #4849
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The majority of players simply wouldn't give Duan a chance to do this.
Really? ... I guess we'll find out over the next couple of month. The Chinese is just another BBB. Hits everything as hard possible. First B does stand for Brainless, so it is everything. I thought odds for the match were spot on. Caro will win 9/10 against this player, as their current form is.

But sometimes the BBB lands more shots in than out and she can obviously be dangerous. Every week, someone wins the big jackpot somewhere. Even those odds are not good. Same can be said for a BBB. There will be a match here and there, where the shots land in. Whatever. The Chinese is irrelevant, until she hits the jackpot and then she can and will be dangerous.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 01:14 PM   #4850
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Really? ... I guess we'll find out over the next couple of month. The Chinese is just another BBB. Hits everything as hard possible. First B does stand for Brainless, so it is everything. I thought odds for the match were spot on. Caro will win 9/10 against this player, as their current form is.

But sometimes the BBB lands more shots in than out and she can obviously be dangerous. Every week, someone wins the big jackpot somewhere. Even those odds are not good. Same can be said for a BBB. There will be a match here and there, where the shots land in. Whatever. The Chinese is irrelevant, until she hits the jackpot and then she can and will be dangerous.
In a way it's not brainless because her movement is so poor that her only chance is hitting out at everything. It's a bit the same with Kvitova even though she's obviously a much better player. When she won Wimbledon I was convinced that she would be huge for the next five to ten years. Problem is that she doesn't play the percentages well at all. But I think that's more a matter of necessity than choice. Her conditioning is so poor that she'd be huffin' and puffin' as though she's just run the Olympic marathon if she'd have to play two rallies in a row that go beyong six strokes.

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:03 PM   #4851
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
In a way it's not brainless because her movement is so poor that her only chance is hitting out at everything. It's a bit the same with Kvitova even though she's obviously a much better player. When she won Wimbledon I was convinced that she would be huge for the next five to ten years. Problem is that she doesn't play the percentages well at all. But I think that's more a matter of necessity than choice. Her conditioning is so poor that she'd be huffin' and puffin' as though she's just run the Olympic marathon if she'd have to play two rallies in a row that go beyong six strokes.
Speaking about. Because it ran late, I saw some of the match Vs Doi last night. Kvitova's pot belly is now almost as large as her breasts. Looks remarkable out of shape for a supposed top female athlete.

And I understand what you mean with regards to Chinese Clay Feet. There is no plan B .. B... hehe.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:13 PM   #4852
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Speaking about. Because it ran late, I saw some of the match Vs Doi last night. Kvitova's pot belly is now almost as large as her breasts. Looks remarkable out of shape for a supposed top female athlete.

And I understand what you mean with regards to Chinese Clay Feet. There is no plan B .. B... hehe.
Wow,I'm really surprised that Kvitova's fitness is getting worse. I've heard she fired her old physio and now has a new one but apparently to no avail. I think she took that Davenport comparison a bit too seriously...
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #4853
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And she's not the only one. Pavlyuchenkova for example - so much potential. It's embarrassing for the WTA really. And it's even sadder for those players themselves because no matter how good they are they are not as good as they could be.

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #4854
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
And she's not the only one. Pavlyuchenkova for example - so much potential. It's embarrassing for the WTA really. And it's even sadder for those players themselves because no matter how good they are they are not as good as they could be.
I don't think it's right to pick on these WTA players. Women naturally can't have as much muscle tone as men and have a higher body fat percentage. Men can get away with poor fitness and not have anyone criticize them because they don't visually look out-of-shape.
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 03:09 PM   #4855
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
I don't think it's right to pick on these WTA players. Women naturally can't have as much muscle tone as men and have a higher body fat percentage. Men can get away with poor fitness and not have anyone criticize them because they don't visually look out-of-shape.
Good point, but compare early Davenport to later Davenport and see what a difference it made.

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 03:15 PM   #4856
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

^^^
Or first career Seles with second career Seles for that matter.

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 05:18 PM   #4857
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Rain today. But Thursday forecast is good. So should stay on schedule if she beats Scheepers.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 06:32 PM   #4858
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Abdominal distension on a professional athlete doesn't convince me to draw a conclusion that they are out of condition... There are many well known causes of the condition both natural, and not so natural.
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #4859
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Many Caro bashers find it "disgusting" that Caro yells "come on" after winning an important point on an opponent error (apparently you're only allowed to use exclamations after hitting a winner). Personally I see nothing wrong with that, an important point is an important point no matter how you win it.
One thing about Caro's on-court behaviour I do find annoying, though. We often see an opponent shot being close to the line but not called out, Caro continues to play but after the point is over, she points to the mark and complains the ball wasn't called out. Caro, if you're sure the ball was out, then stop immediately and make a challenge. If not, then SHUT UP and move on to the next point!
Completely agree with you on Caro saying "Come On" regardless of whether it's a winner or UE by her opponent. It's nothing to do with direspecting or anything at her opponent. It's about trying to pump herself up. I want her to do all she can to push herself and I realy couldn't care less what some jerk criticising her for it thinks about it and whines about on a message board.

On what annoys you with Caro going over to look at the ball after the rally is over with a quizzical look. That doesn't annoy me at all. I thought most players do that. Let everyone know that you think it was out but you'll generously give your opponent a pass this time. But I'd be really worried if she did what you suggest and stopped playing and made a challenge all those times. She's as blind as a bat when it comes to whether the ball is in or out on the challenges she does make. I don't want her stopping play all those times because she'd lose the point and hawkeye would inevitably show the ball was in.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Aug 28th, 2013 at 10:22 PM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:19 PM   #4860
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Didn't see her 1st round match. Away from home I just hit the Text button on a Freeview TV -where I was staying - no sports channels or anything - just to see what the score was. And it said 6-2 2-5 which made me worried. Before we went out - I saw the score was 6-2 4-5. So I was really pleased to find out today that she won 6-2 7-5 after being 2-5 down.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread