Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 323 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #4831
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by overrule View Post
My two cents.
I thought Caroline played a very good, clean match against a player who could cause problems for anyone on her day. And Duan was playing well in the second set.
11 wiinners, 11 UEs. Those are peak Wozniacki numbers.
I keep seeing people saying this, that Duan is dangerous. Based on what? The highest ranked player she's ever beaten was #75. This is not a player "who would cause problems for anyone on her day", she's struggled to win games vs most reasonable opposition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
The match against Scheepers at Beijing last year wasn't televised, so we don't really know how her game matches Caro. We just know CS seemed to run out of air in the decider after two long sets and had 13 DFs in the match. And I know I'll be very disappointed if Caro doesn't win to advance to 3R.
Scheepers hasn't had as good a year this year as last year. Caro should win comfortably imo.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 04:36 AM   #4832
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I keep seeing people saying this, that Duan is dangerous. Based on what? The highest ranked player she's ever beaten was #75. This is not a player "who would cause problems for anyone on her day", she's struggled to win games vs most reasonable opposition.

Scheepers hasn't had as good a year this year as last year. Caro should win comfortably imo.
It really doesnt matter how good Duan is. Just like the player who beat Stosur. Anybody can beat you if you let them hang around. Kvitova was lucky today that Doi crumbled in set 3, because Petra was ready to be in deep shit.

All that matters is that she got thru round 1. She has to start playing better, but all that matters now is round 2. Win round 2. If she can get back to the form she had against Stephens last week, anything is possible with this draw.
But now, just win round 2
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM   #4833
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Many Caro bashers find it "disgusting" that Caro yells "come on" after winning an important point on an opponent error (apparently you're only allowed to use exclamations after hitting a winner). Personally I see nothing wrong with that, an important point is an important point no matter how you win it.
One thing about Caro's on-court behaviour I do find annoying, though. We often see an opponent shot being close to the line but not called out, Caro continues to play but after the point is over, she points to the mark and complains the ball wasn't called out. Caro, if you're sure the ball was out, then stop immediately and make a challenge. If not, then SHUT UP and move on to the next point!

Last edited by C. W. Fields : Aug 28th, 2013 at 06:55 AM.
C. W. Fields is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:14 AM   #4834
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Did you even watch the match? Tell me, when Duan was going for massive shots and painting the lines from balls that weren't that short or slow, who could stop her? You really should give credit where credit is due because you come across as extrememly bitter.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 07:51 AM   #4835
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

We saw the Classic Wozniacki last night. She just simply returned the ball and kept it play as long as she can. Actually, she has only few opportunities which she also took advantage of. The commentator said, Caroline is doing the right thing. She can’t match the power of her opponent and she has two options only. 1.) make her opponent move a lot or; 2.) just keep the ball playing.
As a fan, I am happy but not overwhelmed with her performance. I hope in her next match she will be more aggressive. That’s all I wish for and of course win.
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 08:50 AM   #4836
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Duan is just typical BBB who can be very dangeous on her day, and yesterday was that day! Of course Caro didn't play her best but she kept her head cool, and that was enough fortunately!

Quote:
Many Caro bashers find it "disgusting" that Caro yells "come on" after winning an important point on an opponent error (apparently you're only allowed to use exclamations after hitting a winner). Personally I see nothing wrong with that, an important point is an important point no matter how you win it.
One thing about Caro's on-court behaviour I do find annoying, though. We often see an opponent shot being close to the line but not called out, Caro continues to play but after the point is over, she points to the mark and complains the ball wasn't called out. Caro, if you're sure the ball was out, then stop immediately and make a challenge. If not, then SHUT UP and move on to the next point!
+1! About Come on's or Kamans , every player dooes it, but apparently it's only a crime when Caro does it! Rules of TF!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 09:01 AM   #4837
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Many Caro bashers find it disgusting that she wakes up in the morning and is still breathing. I feel the same way about them actually.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #4838
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Many Caro bashers find it "disgusting" that Caro yells "come on" after winning an important point on an opponent error (apparently you're only allowed to use exclamations after hitting a winner).
If Caro donated $10 mill to starving African children, GM would find something 'disgusting' about that too. It's pointless trying to find any logic and reason to GM comments.

Just my 25 cents.

PS It can though be fun to expose GM posters for their obvious lack there of

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Aug 28th, 2013 at 11:56 AM.
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #4839
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Lets not turn the forum into "Analyzing GM Trolls".
Go read some of the Sharapova threads. She gets bashed much worse. Everyone in GM gets bashed.

A few years ago I saw a good pic of Sveta with her parents and brother. I put it in her pic forum, then started a thread in GM to post pics of players familiy. The first post after mine was "she's ugly".
So I deleted the thread. Thats GM for every player. Dont act so offended. Its every player

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #4840
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Lets not turn the forum into "Analyzing GM Trolls".
Go read some of the Sharapova threads. She gets bashed much worse. Everyone in GM gets bashed.

A few years ago I saw a good pic of Sveta with her parents and brother. I put it in her pic forum, then started a thread in GM to post pics of players familiy. The first post after mine was "she's ugly".
So I deleted the thread. Thats GM for every player. Dont act so offended. Its every player
Well, I hate them as well. I love tennis players, but I can't stand (so-called) tennis fans. And Sharapova probably gets bashed more now. But it doesn't compare to the Woz bashing of 2009-2011.
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:27 AM   #4841
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I hate them as well. I love tennis players, but I can't stand (so-called) tennis fans. And Sharapova probably gets bashed more now. But it doesn't compare to the Woz bashing of 2009-2011.
I don't think any player has received as much vitriol. Perhaps only the Williams sisters.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:35 AM   #4842
country flag goldenlox

You cant avoid goofs on the internet. When Sveta was playing good tennis, "ugly" was like her middle name in GM.
I think you're all over reacting. That thread in GM wasnt so bad.
Anyway, that Caro went from winning 6 titles a year and making consistent deep slam runs on hardcourt, to now, no titles in 2013 and no QF in 7 majors. There is a lot to criticize, even if you're a Caro fan

But this major, she has luck. A great draw, and she's healthy and had ( for her 2013 form) good results coming in

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM   #4843
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I don't think any player has received as much vitriol. Perhaps only the Williams sisters.
I don't think so. Everyone was on Serena's case following the two USO incidents, but that only lasted for a couple of weeks. With Caro it was 24/7 for years. And those who are tempted to bash Serena don't really dare to do so because everyone knows that nine times out of ten she will just murder the fave of that poster. Caro makes for a much easier victim.
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 10:46 AM   #4844
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post

Did you even watch the match? Tell me, when Duan was going for massive shots and painting the lines from balls that weren't that short or slow, who could stop her? You really should give credit where credit is due because you come across as extrememly bitter.
The majority of players simply wouldn't give Duan a chance to do this. Which is my entire point. Caro was giving her chances to take big cuts at the ball. Caro barely moved Duan around at all, and when she did she pretty much instantly won the point.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 11:05 AM   #4845
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
The majority of players simply wouldn't give Duan a chance to do this. Which is my entire point. Caro was giving her chances to take big cuts at the ball. Caro barely moved Duan around at all, and when she did she pretty much instantly won the point.
A player with great hands like Aga is perhaps better equipped to change the direction of the ball and move her opponent around when it's coming at her with that kinda pace. But the main reason why I was reasonably happy is not so much the level of Wozzy's tennis but the fact that she competed so well. A few months ago she would definitely have lost that second set and perhaps even the match. But now she's really competing again and looks like she actually enjoys being out there again. That's essential because without it everything else is impossible.
Closed Thread