Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 322 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #4816
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
The hate for Caro is ridiculous in GM. If she loses, she gets hate. If she wins, she gets even more hate.
If you ignore the tone, there is some truth to what is being said in GM. A lot of it is along the lines of "disgusting pushing from Wozniacki". This is true, Caro was way too passive in this match. She was just letting Duan take big swipes at everthing, giving her way too many balls down the middle of the court for her to swipe at. The whole match was reliant on Duan missing more than she would make.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 08:35 PM   #4817
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
If you ignore the tone, there is some truth to what is being said in GM. A lot of it is along the lines of "disgusting pushing from Wozniacki". This is true, Caro was way too passive in this match. She was just letting Duan take big swipes at everthing, giving her way too many balls down the middle of the court for her to swipe at. The whole match was reliant on Duan missing more than she would make.
Caro's # of forced points (winners plus forced errors) was only 56% of Duan's.

Caro really shouldn't be allowing much lower ranked players to be dictating so much of the play.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 08:37 PM   #4818
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Personally, I am very happy with the way Caro played this match. And as you may know, I am not shy to let it be known, if I am not pleased with her performance

The Chinese is one of the worst BBBs I have ever seen. It's just horrible and I wanted to thrown something hard at my screen - several times during the match - so I didn't have to see her fugly style of tennis any longer.

It's not Caro's problem, the Chinese isn't in control of her own game and a large number of the oh-so-powerful-and-oh-so-interesting shots lands way outside the lines.

Caro knew exactly what to do. What to expect and how to counter the BBB and the sun & wind. Even at 4-1 and 5-2 down (in 2nd), there was no panic. Kudos to Caro from my arm chair for a job very well done and executed.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Aug 27th, 2013 at 08:43 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 08:43 PM   #4819
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
All people complaining about Caroline, hard to be aggressive when your opponent hits as hard and goes for every line...that Duan was in a great day and win would bother more the lightweight balls of Caroline than the cannonballs from the Chinese...yet for once Caroline was the clutchy one and got it
You gotta win ugly sometimes to get far in draws

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #4820
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Well, she DID miss more than she did make. So it was more a matter of disgusting ball bashing from Duan than disgusting pushing from Caro. It's always the thing that doesn't work that is disgusting and the thing that gets you the required result that is the smart thing, ain't it? Not that I've visited the results thread. I haven't visited a result thread from Caro in years because I already know what's going to be in there before the match has even been played. Everyone just cuts and pastes his BS from the previous thread to the new one accompanied by a moronic smilie or two to remind us all of how witty they consider themselves to be.

Ignore the tone? Why should we ignore the tone? The're just a bunch of vile sociopaths and fruitcakes that talk in a manner that would get them a punch on the nose in real life. Besides, according to GM logic this was a huge upset win by Caroline. They predicted that the Chinese Davenport would win this one, didn't they?

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #4821
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro's # of forced points (winners plus forced errors) was only 56% of Duan's.

Caro really shouldn't be allowing much lower ranked players to be dictating so much of the play.
I am certainly with you. I really felt like Caroline was doing nothing out there today. Obviously it's enough, but she's playing someone that doesn't even do that well at ITF level, so that was never the concern.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, she DID miss more than she did make. So it was more a matter of disgusting ball bashing from Duan than disgusting pushing from Caro. It's always the thing that doesn't work that is disgusting and the thing that gets you the required result that is the smart thing, ain't it? Not that I've visited the results thread. I haven't visited a result thread from Caro in years because I already know what's going to be in there before the match has even been played. Everyone just cuts and pastes his BS from the previous thread to the new one accompanied by a moronic smilie or two to remind us all of how witty they consider themselves to be.

Ignore the tone? Why should we ignore the tone? The're just a bunch of vile sociopaths and fruitcakes that talk in a manner that would get them a punch on the nose in real life. Besides, according to GM logic this was a huge upset win by Caroline. They predicted that the Chinese Davenport would win this one, didn't they?
Well yes, but this is why I posted in that GM thread what did people actually see in Duan. I thought she was about as average as I was expecting her to be. I didn't see the potential many are lauding about in GM. She'll probably be able to boost her ranking into the top 100, because she has a natural advantage of being able to play weaker ITF's, but there are comparisons to Na Li and the like which looks way off the mark to me.

Look Caro won, but that was always the likely result. If Caro wants to play aggressive, how is she hoping to do that vs the better players, if she's just resulting to retrieving against a below average attacking player like Duan.

Finally I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. There is a lot of derogatory stuff in GM, but some of the stuff here isn't completely absolve from going the same way. People are free to like who they want to like, just because someone doesn't like Caro doesn't make them a bad person/poster. I don't look down on someone solely because they don't like the players I like. I believe in taking as many logical view points on board as possible.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #4822
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

i read the GM result thread. It wasnt that bad. 4 or 5 madmax types who wont type her name.
I thought she got respect from most.

Anyway, she has a very good chance in round 2, and thats all that matters now. Round 2
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #4823
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

haha , look what one poster replied me when I wrote ''One BBB down, thank god!''
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyDuck View Post
OK, still in general it's weird to attack someone for their playstyle

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #4824
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
haha , look what one poster replied me when I wrote ''One BBB down, thank god!''
Well, in general I agree with him/her. I don't think it's about the type of tennis you play but about how well you play it. Nobody ever applies that logic to Caro though, so...

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM   #4825
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
GoofyDuck is one of those self righteous BBB-worshipers, who loves to yell 'Death to pushers', so that's rather amusing. On top of the obvious double standard.

Like when madmax is crying his eyes out, when someone posts something mean about Sharapova

A lot of those GM-posters can dish it out, but they can't take it.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 27th, 2013, 10:17 PM   #4826
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:

Finally I believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. There is a lot of derogatory stuff in GM, but some of the stuff here isn't completely absolve from going the same way. People are free to like who they want to like, just because someone doesn't like Caro doesn't make them a bad person/poster. I don't look down on someone solely because they don't like the players I like. I believe in taking as many logical view points on board as possible.
I also believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt. But if you had been a TF member in 2009-2011 that doubt wouldn't be there when it comes to certain posters.

Old Aug 27th, 2013, 10:23 PM   #4827
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
GoofyDuck is one of those self righteous BBB-worshipers, who loves to yell 'Death to pushers', so that's rather amusing. On top of the obvious double standard.

Like when madmax is crying his eyes out, when someone posts something mean about Sharapova

A lot of those GM-posters can dish it out, but they can't take it.
Well, I don't know any Duck, Goofy or not. But yeah, that sounds like your typical GM poster.

Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:19 AM   #4828
country flag overrule

overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold overrule is a splendid one to behold

My two cents.
I thought Caroline played a very good, clean match against a player who could cause problems for anyone on her day. And Duan was playing well in the second set.
11 wiinners, 11 UEs. Those are peak Wozniacki numbers.
overrule is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:33 AM   #4829
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

The match against Scheepers at Beijing last year wasn't televised, so we don't really know how her game matches Caro. We just know CS seemed to run out of air in the decider after two long sets and had 13 DFs in the match. And I know I'll be very disappointed if Caro doesn't win to advance to 3R.
Old Aug 28th, 2013, 02:40 AM   #4830
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

I like Goofyduck though.

She played well considering how her opponent played. I'm just glad she won a match! The 4 W - 22 UEs stat she had last year was still in my head.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread