Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 320 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:04 PM   #4786
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I would be surprised if it did. I (and others) have posted it before, but since Caro's junior days, Piotr has tried to 'step back' and take a less involved role, but every time, Caro has become unhappy with the new set-up, arrangement, coache(s) and Piotr has ended up having to step in again.

It has been repeated numerous times during the last ... I guess 10 years now and contrary to GM belief, Piotr is not the dictator, who doesn't want to let go. It's Caro who isn't comfortable with others, unless Piotr is also around and directly involved.
He is the dictator, because he can leave. He certainly doesnt have to go on court and call her a clown when he knows he's miked.

Caroline owes it to herself to try a coach who understands her strengths and weaknesses. Instead of continually putting herself in situations she is not good at; and making such low percentage decisions in crucial moments of matches
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4787
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I don't think the Adidas team had much too do went wrong with caro, To me the biggest problem is she never had a coach number one and never made any improvement too her game when she was at the top at number 1, when player like VIka, Aga, & so on made Improvement and got coaches that something Caro need too do
I dont know how much the adidas team is responsible for the mess that Caroline's career has devolved into, but between Caroline, Ivanovic and Pavlyuchenkova, 3 of the bightest stars of a few years ago are all in career crisis with the adidas team

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #4788
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

BlairHenley
Piotr Woz went on to say that it's difficult to coach as a father when his daughter is now a grown woman, not a child.

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #4789
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
I would be surprised if it did. I (and others) have posted it before, but since Caro's junior days, Piotr has tried to 'step back' and take a less involved role, but every time, Caro has become unhappy with the new set-up, arrangement, coache(s) and Piotr has ended up having to step in again.

It has been repeated numerous times during the last ... I guess 10 years now and contrary to GM belief, Piotr is not the dictator, who doesn't want to let go. It's Caro who isn't comfortable with others, unless Piotr is also around and directly involved.
I do find it kind of sad that Caro appears so content with mediocrity. All indication from Caro is she is happy with the way things are going and content to continue on the path she is on.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:39 PM   #4790
country flag goldenlox

To me, it is Caro's decision, and this career path she's headed on is her responsibility.
She was holding 9 titles. How many players have done that who are on the tour?
Anybody besides her & Serena?
To just start playing so sloppily and giving key points away, and to do this for 2 full years with 2 titles. She had 18 titles just after her 21st birthday.

Its her career, its all her. Good and bad

Old Aug 25th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #4791
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I just happy that they or Her father is sticking to the plan and is getting a new coach by the end of the year which is so needed at this point

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #4792
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Hmm, one way to interpret that is that Caroline still has no one specific in mind. If that is true that does not give her much time to find a new coach and work with them in the offseason. Ideally she should be comfortable with this new coach and have had time to work with them before the start of next year.

Hmm. Yeah. And then I can just see this horrible scenario that Caro says she isn't comfortable with it at the end of the season or start of next year and tries to persuade Piotr to stay with her. This is tough for Piotr if Caro doesn't commit to this plan herself.

On a coach for Caro's game:
I really do think that the overall strategy of controlled aggression with sound defence she has talked about and is trying to play is the right way to go and I don't want a coach to try to change that strategy. It's specific technical aspects of her game to implement this strategy where she needs to improve and a coach to help her.

A few examples are her forehand. The Eurosport commentators were talking about it. Her weights all wrong leaning back and on her right foot. Remember Natalie (Swiss Miss) saying she was sitting right next to Piotr watching Caro at Cinci and likied her match and how she was playing except "her forehand drove me nuts - leaning to the left ...".

Then there's her volleying. goldenlox has been critical of her going to the net. I'm not so sure I agree on that particular one. I think she needs to get better at the net rather than not go there. And she loses quite a few points there against Halep anyway because she just didn't finish off a lot of easy balls and gives her opponent the opportunity to pass her. I remember her even less than two years ago making some really good volleys off some pretty good passing shots and thinking - And people say she can't volley. But her volleying has actually got worse.

And drop shots. Admittedly they were awful against Halep. Actually those were the points she inexplicably got away with against Halep. Bit I'd like her to continue with the strategy of the occasional drop-shot - just get better at it.

I think that in 2012 - there was a lot of confusion between what type of player she had to be. I think that now it's clear what type of game she'd trying to play and it's consistent with what she says and what Piotr says. And if any coach tried to change that overall strategy - it could be very confusing. It's a case of getting better at implementing those areas above plus trying to keep her errors down on bread and butter shots and not forgetting to make sure her backhand remains a force but is reliable.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:07 PM   #4793
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Hmm. Yeah. And then I can just see this horrible scenario that Caro says she isn't comfortable with it at the end of the season or start of next year and tries to persuade Piotr to stay with her. This is tough for Piotr if Caro doesn't commit to this plan herself.
I've actually had the same thought.

The longer there is no announcement about a new team member, the higher the probability, she hasn't found a new trainer/coach, she feels compatible with ... so it's back to Piotr ... and he's not going to just walk away from her and leave her alone.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #4794
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I thought they had claimed they already knew who her new coach would be. I still think it will end up being Hogstedt, there's no real need to announce a new coach before they are taking over with immediate effect.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 25th, 2013, 10:35 PM   #4795
country flag goldenlox

I dont know why he's announcing this at all. Its not like its news. He's done this before. Then changed his mind.
And with a great draw major about to start, they just should be thinking one match at a time, and not speculating about next year

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM   #4796
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Video of how Caro first round Opponent Ying ying plays http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNTIxNDQ3Mzc2.html

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #4797
country flag goldenlox

I watch that tape and I want to avoid Hsieh in the draw

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #4798
country flag Trey

^ watching the video what did u think of Duan Yingying & caro chances against her

Old Aug 26th, 2013, 01:45 AM   #4799
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Here's a list of Caro's forced points (winners plus forced errors) as a % of her opponent's for some matches this year and some older matches for comparison:

vs Pervak (2012 Brisbane): 68% (Caro 40 forced points, Pervak 59 forced points)
vs Kerber (2012 Indian Wells): 94% (Caro 59 forced points, Kerber 63 forced points)
vs Stephens (2013 New Haven): 73% (Caro 33 forced points, Stephens 45 forced points)
vs Halep (2013 New Haven): 67% (Caro 30 forced points, Halep 45 forced points)

vs Zvonareva (2010 Montreal 1st set): 170% (Caro 17 forced points, Zvonareva 10)
vs Zvonareva (2010 US Open): 79% (Caro 30 forced points, Zvonareva 38 forced points)
vs Zvonareva (2010 Beijing): 106% (Caro 53 forced points, Zvonareva 50 forced points)
vs Zvonareva (2010 YEC 1st set): 143% (Caro 33 forced points, Zvonareva 23 forced points)
vs Clijsters (2010 YEC): 91% (Caro 64 forced points, Clijsters 70 forced points)
vs Jankovic (2011 Dubai): 105% (Caro 40 forced points, Jankovic 38 forced points)
vs Zvonareva (2011 Doha): 89% (Caro 48 forced points, Zvonareva 54 forced points)
So, Protoss, if I'm reading these numbers right, Caro was more aggressive overall in 2010-11? But the sample size of matches from 2012-13 is very small compared to 2010-11 here. I've always wanted to see a winners + forced errors stats instead of just winners and unforced errors.
Old Aug 26th, 2013, 06:00 AM   #4800
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

Oh come on Wozniacki, why you and Rory have to do a publicity stunt few days before your matches. It only shows you are not focusing again with your game. You know the media; they just simply grab your attention from your game. I’ll give you an example – Look at Maria how focused she is with her Tennis, she keeps her love affair very private. But you and I quote “ You love playing with the Media”. Is this a proper mind set? I don’t think so.
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread