Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 316 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 23rd, 2013, 10:52 PM   #4726
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
I've been looking at Halep's results the last couplea months: In Rome she had successive wins over Hantuchova, Kuznetsova, Aga, Vinci and Jankovic before falling to Serena in SF! After FO she's won 3 tournaments on clay and grass. And last week in Cincinatti she beat Bartoli and Stosur before falling to Serena again. It's definitely no pushover Caro will be facing tonight!
Yup. This is why I'm not getting carried away with last night's win. I fear becoming a 'She's back111!!!!!'' type fan so will avoid celebrating yet especially since Halep is the toughest opponent she'll face this week. I'm just wary of everyone coming crashing down to earth with reality after tonight's match, just in case
Advertisement

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:31 AM   #4727
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro lost 62 75 to Halep. Her serve broken 6 times in 2 sets.
Terrible net play and an embarrassing miss on a short overhead, that was a key point in the match

She looked tired to me. The end of the match looked like she was giving up when she dint win the 5-4 game
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:33 AM   #4728
country flag taloki

taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of taloki has much to be proud of

I guess the loss at NH gives her more time to regroup for the US Open.
taloki is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:40 AM   #4729
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The problem is that Halep is also in Errani's quarter. Caro's draw doesnt look as good anymore, since Halep is clearly better, judging by tonight

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:41 AM   #4730
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

There clearly is a problem there, she's way too thin and she's crumbing under any small pressure...that's simply not her, I am worried for health too to be honest, she doesn't look healthy at all. Hopefully she can still take some confidence of the past weeks in NYC and reach at least that QF and then finally get rid of dad and have some new mental help from that new coach.

Look that's her in 2011:

and now:

that's scary and she looked already thinner in Australia but I guess she has lost some 4 kilos more since

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:46 AM   #4731
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

But but Caro is in such great physical shape now.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #4732
country flag goldenlox

The weight loss happens because they try to get fitter and more stamina. But she looked tired at the end of this match. She doesnt win many matches anymore, so this was a long week for her. A normal week when she was winning. But now, she got a retirement and 2 wins, so this was the 4th match and she was out of gas before the 2nd set was over

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #4733
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
But but Caro is in such great physical shape now.
I would suggest she is more powerful than before, she chases even more balls and mentally she looks a better wall too...no nothing related to the weightloss, not even close I guess

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:52 AM   #4734
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I've been massively reserved all week on the mass excitement around about her draw in New York and that she's getting back etc.. I still see the same old problem, she can't dictate the game she's trying to play often enough. Halep dismantled her playing a better version of the game Caro is trying to play basically, the match wasn't even as close as the scoreline suggests imo, Halep could have won the 2nd a lot easier if she didn't go missing for several games.

I think this is the reality of where she is, but I already thought that before tonight. She's ok, it's better than the clay court swing, but it was never going to get worse. She's still quite a way from being a real threat. She's in the softest quarter you may ever see at a grand slam at the US Open, but there is no guarantee whatsoever it will be her coming out of it.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #4735
country flag goldenlox

I still take this US Open draw over her New Haven draw, except she might see Halep in the quarters.
I wouldnt mind a rematch. See what kind of coaching Caro is getting. Then Vika, Stosur or Petra in the semis.
This is still by far the best place to be. But she needs a real coach. You have to put away the simple stuff. She lost about 5 points on weekend hacker errors. That was the match, plus her getting tired

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:05 AM   #4736
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I've been massively reserved all week on the mass excitement around about her draw in New York and that she's getting back etc.. I still see the same old problem, she can't dictate the game she's trying to play often enough. Halep dismantled her playing a better version of the game Caro is trying to play basically, the match wasn't even as close as the scoreline suggests imo, Halep could have won the 2nd a lot easier if she didn't go missing for several games.

I think this is the reality of where she is, but I already thought that before tonight. She's ok, it's better than the clay court swing, but it was never going to get worse. She's still quite a way from being a real threat. She's in the softest quarter you may ever see at a grand slam at the US Open, but there is no guarantee whatsoever it will be her coming out of it.
What do you think Caro should do then? Change/modify the style she's trying to play now?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:18 AM   #4737
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I still take this US Open draw over her New Haven draw, except she might see Halep in the quarters.
I wouldnt mind a rematch. See what kind of coaching Caro is getting. Then Vika, Stosur or Petra in the semis.
This is still by far the best place to be. But she needs a real coach. You have to put away the simple stuff. She lost about 5 points on weekend hacker errors. That was the match, plus her getting tired
But if Caroline makes the QF the tournament is already a success for her, albeit a modest one. And Halep has to get there first. There's always a lot of speculating going on at the start of a slam, but we rarely get the matches that we expect. And if the Caroline of the Sloane match plays the Halep of today I think that Caroline has got a reasonable chance to win. That's still the unknown factor. Was the Caroline from yesterday just a one off, or will we now see that level from her on a more regular basis.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #4738
country flag goldenlox

The more I think about this match, she wasnt that bad. 2 points from 1 set all.
I would take a rematch in NY.

The worst part is that she looked tired near the end. She used to be the player who wore down her opponents. Tonight Halep wore Caro down

Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #4739
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What do you think Caro should do then? Change/modify the style she's trying to play now?
I don't know. I am not a tennis coach. I don't know what they are telling her/practicing with her. She can't defend as well as she used to, something that is very evident in this match where she was mostly on defence all match. But her game is not imposing enough to play this aggressive brand of tennis she's trying to play, none of the top aggressive players would get dictated to like Wozniacki did tonight by Halep.

Look aggression is good, but you have to question the improvements (or lack of them) in certain areas. She's trying to come forward more often, anytime someone makes her hit a forehand volley she's in trouble, she bricks nearly every one. Coaches, other players will soon pick up on this and make her hit more forehand volleys. Same problem putting away short forehands, overheads. These are mainly simple things, these all existed when she was world number 1 too, but back then she was a lot better at defending. Now she gets in too many of these exchanges where she's running side to side, and her ball just isn't threatening enough.

I also think at times she hasn't found the balance of knowing when to attack, she attacks on some of the wrong balls, some of the wrong times.

In theory Caro's first 3 rounds next week look really easy. I have never seen Ying-Ying Duan play though. Caro won't have a better chance than this to make the semi-finals, almost anything less than a semi final in this draw is a disappointment. That sounds big expectations, but I really think Caro will be disappointed if she loses to anyone in this quarter. I don't know what to expect yet though, you have to see the form of some of these players next week.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 24th, 2013, 02:31 AM   #4740
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The more I think about this match, she wasnt that bad. 2 points from 1 set all.
I would take a rematch in NY.

The worst part is that she looked tired near the end. She used to be the player who wore down her opponents. Tonight Halep wore Caro down
I wouldn't read too much into that. Don't forget that she's a bit under the weather.

No, I don't think she was that bad either. It was disappointing compared to yesterday, but it wasn't as awful as what we've seen earlier in the season. Still, it won't be enough against a lot of players. But Rome wasn't build in a day. Let's hope that she can build it in two weeks.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread