Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 310 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #4636
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
There was one other very interesting comment that the commentators made about Caro. That her opponents nearly always play well against her. That's something I've noticed. More times than not - they play much better than they usually do game against other opponents.

Of course there's the theory of players raising their game to play a #1 ranked player. But Caro's been in the doldrums too long for that to be the reason now again and again. The reason they gave was that Caro's shots are quite easy to hit and it is quite easy to get into a good rhythm against her. And I think she does need to continue this mindset of trying to take her opponent out of their comfort zone. That's not the same as being an all out aggressive player. And I don't know why that should cause her to make UEs on shots where she's not trying to do anything more with than before.
Caro's depth of shot/shot placement is a big part of this problem. Too many of Caro's shots are landing short and that's allowing her opponents to step in when they hit their shot. Caro also tends to hit too many shots in the center of the court (width-wise) or near her opponent. That makes it a lot easier for her opponents to set up for their shots. I think she needs to hit more shots away from the center of the court and make her opponents to have to move. There are few players who are good at hitting the ball on the run.

I also think using a drop shot a few times in a match could help keep her opponent a bit out of rhythm.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 18th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #4637
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I see Vika and Maria way off form now. So besides Serena, there's little quality right now.
If Caro fights hard, she can go deep in NY.
This level will get her into week2, but she has to play key points better, like that last point. Better 2 meters in than a few cm out
To me, sloppy errors on big points define her last 2 years. She has to get steadier. Thats how she won. There was no magic. But long term steady play where you didnt beat yourself. Now all her losses involve sloppy errors at key moments
Yeah - although I'm not worried by that last point. She took it on and it was the right thing to try to do. You are always going to miss a few shots you take on whether MP or not. No - she didn't lose in two sets because of that. There were far too few errors when she took the initiative compared to the large number of errors where she was just trying to make a routine bread and butter rally shot.

And even in the 1st set when Vika played well - she should have broken Vika's first service game and could so easily have been 3-0 up by just cutting out those errors.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 18th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #4638
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

In GM there was a thread on whats more regrettable, the decline of Ivanovic or Kvitova.
I said Ivanovic because she was a star 5 years ago. She's been underachieving a long time.
She's with adidas training group.
Right now, Wozniacki, Ivanovic and Pavs are in deep career trouble. These should be the stars of the adidas group, but their careers are in turmoil.
The team around plus her dad arent helping. Obviously Caro wants a comfort zone around her, but I wouldnt let the adidas team near a young star
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 04:10 AM   #4639
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I'm a bit surprised that Caro went to The Hamptons on saturday and didn't get to New Haven til today. Given the short time between the end of Cincy and the start of New Haven, it seems to me that it would have been a good idea to get to New Haven asap.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 09:09 AM   #4640
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I'm a bit surprised that Caro went to The Hamptons on saturday
Rory has a holiday home there?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #4641
country flag James_Hingis

James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light James_Hingis is a glorious beacon of light

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/wozniac...6656--ten.html

Sharing you this link and I want to quote Caro's message: "I feel like I'm on the right track and I feel like I'm playing well, so right now that's what I'm thinking about,'' she said Sunday. ''The U.S. Open is coming up as well, which is a tournament that I am looking very much forward to."
James_Hingis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 08:58 PM   #4642
country flag Protoss

Good draw for Caro I think. I hope she makes it at least to the quarters against Stephens.

Good luck Caro.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #4643
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Karin Knapp wins. She'll be Caro's 2R opponent, assuming.
Old Aug 19th, 2013, 10:28 PM   #4644
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
Karin Knapp wins. She'll be Caro's 2R opponent, assuming.
One match at a time. Caro hasnt won more than 1 match in 2 straight tournaments since February

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 07:44 AM   #4645
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Hingis View Post
Sharing you this link and I want to quote Caro's message: "I feel like I'm on the right track and I feel like I'm playing well, so right now that's what I'm thinking about,'' she said Sunday. ''The U.S. Open is coming up as well, which is a tournament that I am looking very much forward to."
She's said that over and over again over the last 2 years. Repeating it, doesn't make it more true though.

She barely won a match in 2011 after USO. She had flash wins against Serena Williams and Na Li in 2012. Rest was mediocre at best. She has a win against a US-astma-hurt, out of form Kvitova as 2013 'best'. ... She is not playing well. The End.

On another note, with all the retirements and maybe strategic tanks to come, NH really is a great opportunity for a peripheral player to bag 470 points and a 6 figure pay-check.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Aug 20th, 2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #4646
country flag C. W. Fields

C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute C. W. Fields has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
She had flash wins against Serena Williams and Kerber in 2012.
She was 0-3 against Kerber in 2012, 1-0 in 2013.
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 08:23 AM   #4647
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

quite a lucky one, but she's through...and I had a crazy dream involving her tonight

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:21 AM   #4648
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. W. Fields View Post
She was 0-3 against Kerber in 2012, 1-0 in 2013.
Sorry, I was thinking about Na Li (Tokyo).

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Aug 20th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #4649
country flag goldenlox

This slump has to be in Caro's head.
How could she show up here after being in a tiebreak with Azarenka and lose 2-6 in the 1st set?
In 2011 Dubai, Doha, IW, she lost her 1st set 2 times combined in all 3 tournaments.

Her head isnt in it anymore. She's not ready to play. The motivation, the urgency, isnt there anymore

Old Aug 20th, 2013, 11:53 AM   #4650
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
She's said that over and over again over the last 2 years. Repeating it, doesn't make it more true though.

She barely won a match in 2011 after USO. She had flash wins against Serena Williams and Na Li in 2012. Rest was mediocre at best. She has a win against a US-astma-hurt, out of form Kvitova as 2013 'best'. ... She is not playing well. The End.

On another note, with all the retirements and maybe strategic tanks to come, NH really is a great opportunity for a peripheral player to bag 470 points and a 6 figure pay-check.
New Haven is one of the biggest chances for Caro to win a title all year. She should at least have gained something from last week. She is in the softest quarter of the draw. Starting by losing the first set to Peng 6-2 is not a good start though. If Caro really thinks she's in the best form of her life then it's time to start proving it, because old Caro would have won this trophy with ease.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread