Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 298 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:24 AM   #4456
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Since March, Caro only won 7 of 18 matches.
Thats April, May, June, July, now August, and only 7 match wins.
So that she can stay at home for about 5 weeks after losing round 2 at Wimbledon, then show up in Canada and lose to Cirstea, is a terrible sign for the future.
What are they doing that she only wins one match a month? Why is she so accepting of this?
I was saying this when the year started and she lost to Pervak. What is she doing without a coach that she shows up and cant beat anyone?
Now its years of this, where she is a lightweight. And she knows she's a noncontender. She knows she's losing early every tournament.

Its amazing a player who used to win the most titles just accepts this as her career path. Nothing is changing. Nothing is improving
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 9th, 2013, 03:52 AM   #4457
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post
I told you before she will not win one match in Toronto - everbody is laughing..and now? 5 weeks holiday and start practice three days before is not the right way for winning matches. Could be down on #13 after this week.
It was reported that Caro was free from injuries in an article on July 12 and that she could start training next week.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=4094

Caro first tweeted this summer hard court season about practicing back on Jul 16 ("3 practices done and time is only 10:44 am").

https://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki/st...58352049696768
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Aug 9th, 2013 at 06:30 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 04:47 AM   #4458
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I watched all of it. I don't really agree that she played a good match, but even if I did Caro is well beyond the stage where playing well and losing (like vs Paszek at Wimbledon) is of any benefit to her whatsoever. Half the matches Caro loses, we hear the same stuff, "she played quite well", it was a good match, where her opponent also played well. Except most of these opponents then go on to get hammered next round. Tennis is a game influenced by two players, anyone can look good if you are being made to look good, there is a strong case that Caro is making her opponents look a lot better than they actually are.

Tennis often comes down to the big moments, and Caro was nothing short of dire in those moments. Second set tiebreak she starts with five unforced errors, that's just gifting away the set. Final game of the match Cirstea plays one good point, then Caro next two points hits two terrible forehand unforced errors, that's just handing the match to your opponent on a platter.
How do you think Caro is making her opponents look a lot better than they actually are?

Caro's lack of confidence really shows in these big moments. Prevailing in these situations would give her confidence but lacking confidence makes that really difficult. She's got to somehow bs her way to success in the big moments.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 06:42 AM   #4459
country flag Protoss

So would it be better for Caro to be more proactive and try to make things happen on match points and risk hitting an error or play it safe and risk getting burned by an opponent's winner?
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:09 AM   #4460
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think it best for her too go for it & try too hit an winner on Match points

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:39 AM   #4461
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
How do you think Caro is making her opponents look a lot better than they actually are?

Caro's lack of confidence really shows in these big moments. Prevailing in these situations would give her confidence but lacking confidence makes that really difficult. She's got to somehow bs her way to success in the big moments.
I think Caro is pretty easy to get on the back foot, and if you just hit with her, eventually she coughs up a short ball, normally from her forehand side, for any aggressive player to hit at. I think players are confident in doing this because they don't really feel threatened by what Caro is doing, they don't feel rushed by her ball, that aura has gone. What Jamie Hampton said to her coach at Eastbourne was kind of an insight into how her opponents think. She said (paraphrasing) 'I know she can't really hurt me, and I just need to wait for the right ball and execute better', she also said something like 'she's not doing a lot, I'm just giving her the mistakes'. That has to be frightening to listen to for Caro's camp, the world number 41 doesn't feel threatened by anything you are doing whatsoever. The only really safe opponents for Caro these days feel these players that have absolutely no weapons whatsoever to hurt her with, the Cabeza Candela's and the like, and there aren't many of those around.

In general it's simple, it's easier to look good vs weaker opposition. I always think back to Sharapova looking devastating early rounds of AO, and then getting rolled over in her first tough match when thinking along these lines. I don't believe for a second that most the top players would have allowed Cirstea to play the way she did, unfortunately Cirstea plays Kvitova next round which won't highlight a lot, would have shown more if we'd seen the way Radwanska or Errani dealt with her. You know the rough figures yourself anyway, the large majority of her victors are losing next match, they can't all be magically losing form overnight.

And yes it's obvious despite what she has said about her confidence being fine, that she is desperately short of confidence. The tiebreak was so bad, it was some of the worst tennis you will ever see. She looked like some random ball basher who had just hit themselves out and run out of ideas.
Point 1 - Double Fault
Point 2 - Had Cirstea on the run all over the court. Gets a short ball on her forehand, nets it.
Point 3 - Terrible backhand ue off a nothing ball first shot of the rally. Wasn't even trying to do anything with the ball.
Point 4 - Another terrible backhand ue. This time she was changing direction to go down the line, but she was trying to play it with margin to not miss it, but still netted it.
Point 5 - She plays a drop shot first shot of the rally (normally a sign of either supreme confidence or an extreme lack of it), it was bad timing and poorly executed. Obviously not an official unforced error in the stats, but it might as well be.

This is why we should take some of the things she says with a pinch of salt, because it's clear "my confidence is fine" is rubbish, you can see in her body language alone that she isn't a confident player. When you crumble, your technique lets you down in the biggest moments, it's often down to a lack of belief in what you are doing.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #4462
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Embarrassing loss. Caroline sucks so much !

She is done. Mentally very weak. Can`t believe she wasted 2 MPs

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 01:50 PM   #4463
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the highlights only because I wasn't able to watch it two nights ago, but I was really impressed by a few things actually...she seemed unable to deal with the power of Sorana's shots for most of the first two sets, she seemed unable to counterpunch as she used, from both sides she rarely hit it back flat, but either slow, deep and bouncy (in the best cases) or short.
Her game was overall better than what I've read around here, but her mentality is the big issue, she seems lost on court and often unsure about what to do, she gets low of confidence easily and misses too much in the key moments. Once more I think that a new coach won't come too soon, because the problem now is all in her head

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #4464
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I've seen the highlights only because I wasn't able to watch it two nights ago, but I was really impressed by a few things actually...she seemed unable to deal with the power of Sorana's shots for most of the first two sets, she seemed unable to counterpunch as she used, from both sides she rarely hit it back flat, but either slow, deep and bouncy (in the best cases) or short.
Her game was overall better than what I've read around here, but her mentality is the big issue, she seems lost on court and often unsure about what to do, she gets low of confidence easily and misses too much in the key moments. Once more I think that a new coach won't come too soon, because the problem now is all in her head
Yeah would be nice if the critics actually had seen her matches. This one she actually played well but missed the fine details and that's what Sorana did better. She's not far away to be back on track and a victory or two will do a lot to the mental side as well - for now it must hurt a bit to miss two matchpoints in an entertaining match. It was not as good as the Cibulkova - Kerber match but way closer than the lame Venus - Flipkens match - reporters from Eurosport said that there was a "noisy" silence during that match (was just after Cibbys match). Caroline and Sorana delivered a perfect audience match and the audience was pleased with what they saw.

PS. Still #10 Monday

Last edited by Hoergren : Aug 9th, 2013 at 02:43 PM.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #4465
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It would be nice if winning a match or 2 might mean something, but this post Indian Wells run shows that its a lot more than winning a match or 2.
Its 2 years from winning half her tournaments, to now, she lost her 1st or 2nd match 9 of her last 10 tournaments.

I dont know if she thinks she is close and if thats a problem. Maybe she wont hire a coach because she thinks she is close. But this whole year makes it appear she's much further away than winning a match or 2. If she doesnt win a match or 2, she's heading out of the top 20. Which based on her current situation, not impossible

Old Aug 9th, 2013, 04:57 PM   #4466
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post
Embarrassing loss. Caroline sucks so much !

She is done. Mentally very weak. Can`t believe she wasted 2 MPs
I can't believe that you can't believe it.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 05:33 PM   #4467
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I've just created the latest summer WTA hit you may have a look and a laugh, some irony never does much harm...

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=4495

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:05 PM   #4468
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

She will stay in Top Ten for another week.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #4469
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It was reported that Caro was free from injuries in an article on July 12 and that she could start training next week.

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=4094

Caro first tweeted this summer hard court season about practicing back on Jul 16 ("3 practices done and time is only 10:44 am").

https://twitter.com/CaroWozniacki/st...58352049696768
She talks a lot.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #4470
country flag goldenlox

W&S Open ‏@CincyTennis
. @CaroWozniacki to meet S. Peng in @CincyTennis first round match #WTA

Closed Thread