Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 297 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #4441
country flag MaKiri94
SöderKing 2014

MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold MaKiri94 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I watched her win the 1st set and saw some of the 2nd before I left for work. Thank the lord for that real loooooong shift because I didn't see the end of the match and I never will watch it. ()
Advertisement

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #4442
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Roger that. You saw Caro had 2 MP in 2nd set? ...
I know about it, but I haven't seen it. I can watch the match on tennistv but I don't think I have the courage.

Caroline Wozniacki

Maria Sharapova, Li Na, Agnieszka Radwanska, Sorana Cirstea

Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM   #4443
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
Was I the only one that actually watched the whole match? :P

She had her moments of brilliance. At one point, she even resorted to total ballbashing.
She played a good match overall. She just didn't play well when she really needed to.
I watched all of it. I don't really agree that she played a good match, but even if I did Caro is well beyond the stage where playing well and losing (like vs Paszek at Wimbledon) is of any benefit to her whatsoever. Half the matches Caro loses, we hear the same stuff, "she played quite well", it was a good match, where her opponent also played well. Except most of these opponents then go on to get hammered next round. Tennis is a game influenced by two players, anyone can look good if you are being made to look good, there is a strong case that Caro is making her opponents look a lot better than they actually are.

Tennis often comes down to the big moments, and Caro was nothing short of dire in those moments. Second set tiebreak she starts with five unforced errors, that's just gifting away the set. Final game of the match Cirstea plays one good point, then Caro next two points hits two terrible forehand unforced errors, that's just handing the match to your opponent on a platter.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #4444
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
Was I the only one that actually watched the whole match? :P

She had her moments of brilliance. At one point, she even resorted to total ballbashing.
She played a good match overall. She just didn't play well when she really needed to.

Don't worry, you're not the only one who went through those 3 agonizing hours. I agree with your point. I'm not sure why so many people are jumping off bridges. I mean, what did they seriously expect her to do? Winning is not something she does anymore, and it's not like she had a real game plan to work off of either. Taking into account how well Cirstea played, I'm shocked that Caro was even remotely in that match. She did about as well as her current form and coaching would allow her to do.

Also, what sort of game plan was that? It looked as though she were trying to trade blows with Cirstea from the baseline. That's not her game and it never has been. She played a very dumb match last night. I think the mental mistakes cost her more than any of her strokes. And usually mental mistakes come from being indecisive or not being clear on the game plan. In turn, this goes back to coaching. The coaches job is to formulate a game plan that's easy for the player to follow. She looked lost at times. Thomas Hogstedt anyone?
njcbe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #4445
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Is she still in Toronto anyone knows ?
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 07:07 PM   #4446
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I watched all of it. I don't really agree that she played a good match, but even if I did Caro is well beyond the stage where playing well and losing (like vs Paszek at Wimbledon) is of any benefit to her whatsoever.
Agree! And it doesn't really matter if she played a good or a bad match, what's matter that she still lost in R2 to a lower ranked player! There's no progress, she keeps losing in first rounds tournament after tournament! She has become mentally so weak, she fails to serve out sets, matches, plays terrible in tiebreaks, loses most of the 3-setters she plays! It just getting worse and worse for her! And what's saddest she does nothing to try and change something!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 07:16 PM   #4447
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light njcbe is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Agree! And it doesn't really matter if she played a good or a bad match, what's matter that she still lost in R2 to a lower ranked player! There's no progress, she keeps losing in first rounds tournament after tournament! She has become mentally so weak, she fails to serve out sets, matches, plays terrible in tiebreaks, loses most of the 3-setters she plays! It just getting worse and worse for her!
And unfortunately it's not gonna get better anytime soon. Mental toughness and confidence go hand in hand. She has no reason to feel confident based on how she's been playing this year (and last). Therefore, she doesn't believe she can beat most of these girls, making her mentally weak. She was fighting the whole match up to the 2 match points. Then it seemed like all the passion and frustration disappeared. She looked like she knew she wasn't gonna convert those match points. If we're all saying "it's match point, there's no way she's gonna win it here", then she's probably thinking that, too. I attribute most of all of these last 2 years to lost confidence and coaching.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #4448
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

anyone knows when the Western & Southern Open draw comes out ?
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #4449
country flag njcbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
The women's draw probably won't come out until Saturday or Sunday. Friday afternoon at the earliest, but most likely Saturday. It varies from tournament to tournament though.
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #4450
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
twitter: "Our Main Draw will be announced tomorrow evening at 7 pm (EDT)"
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM   #4451
country flag Trey

^ Okay thanks from the Both Ya, Caro need too make an QF here IMO
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 08:16 PM   #4452
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
^ Okay thanks from the Both Ya, Caro need too make an QF here IMO
Hah! 3 of those quarters have a big 3 in them. Caro needs to win a match
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #4453
country flag njcbe

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Hah! 3 of those quarters have a big 3 in them. Caro needs to win a match

True that!
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 09:20 PM   #4454
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Is she still in Toronto anyone knows ?
She's on her way to Cincy

whatsakalyan
Oh hey wozniacki. You on this flight too? 😍😍

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 9th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #4455
country flag Trey

Thanks CWTennis I hoping for a Good Draw but she truly not doing good with easily draws, She really need too be looking for an coach.
Closed Thread