Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 295 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2013, 08:48 AM   #4411
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I have a feeling that she has planned the season so that she is sure of falling out of the top 10 if she doesn't play up to her level from now to the USO, because there is no other reason why she should skip the tournaments she's defending her only titles of last year to play no tournament (seul) and a lower one (moscow-luxemburg)

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Aug 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM   #4412
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
I have a feeling that she has planned the season so that she is sure of falling out of the top 10 if she doesn't play up to her level from now to the USO, because there is no other reason why she should skip the tournaments she's defending her only titles of last year to play no tournament (seul) and a lower one (moscow-luxemburg)
She lost 10 of her last 17 matches, so they cant plan much about winning.

This is a strange falloff because she was one of the toughest players to beat for a full year. Then she just stopped competing. Now, anyone cn beat her. Worse players than Lepchenko or Cirstea are beating Caroline tournament after tournament.
Until she starts to fight hard and really want these matches, this will continue
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 10:10 AM   #4413
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantasy Hero View Post
There is. Radwanska is playing Seoul. Higher ranked players get top pick on internationals. Caro isn't really in a position where she can pick and choose anymore.

It would be strange for her to do this, because she did the exact opposite last year, where at the end of the year she scheduled so she wouldn't fall out of the top 10.

Last edited by ozza : Aug 5th, 2013 at 10:17 AM.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 09:21 PM   #4414
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Look Like Caro won't be playing tomorrow I guessing she be playing Wednesday

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 5th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #4415
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Who knows? If she loses, like in January against Pervak, she'll say she needs matches.
But getting Vika's draw, with no Vika or Maria, & Serena in the other half is a great opportunity.
So we'll see where she's at. She's trying, but mentally she cant do it like she used to. Her focus and execution is way off where it was 2010-spring 2011

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #4416
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, that fighter has got lost somewhere on the way. I don't see Caro making it to YEC but if she does very well during HC season I think she could save her top 10 spot.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #4417
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yes, that fighter has got lost somewhere on the way. I don't see Caro making it to YEC but if she does very well during HC season I think she could save her top 10 spot.
I do agree with her saving her top 10 spot, but at this point, I don't think she can afford to think about her ranking. She needs to just try her best for the end of the year, and then get a new coach and start over at the end of the season. She must find the best racquet and strings for her, regardless of contracts and responsibilities. It may even benefit her to fall out of the top 10 so she can formulate her schedule the way she wants it to be. However, this is all contingent on whether she genuinely cares about her results anymore. Her reaction at IW after Kerber leads me to believe so, but there's no way to know for sure. Making 5 times more money off the court than on it surely can't help her motivation level.
njcbe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 08:00 PM   #4418
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by njcbe View Post
... Making 5 times more money off the court than on it surely can't help her motivation level.
I think its motivation and focus.
I thought Goerges was going to be a good player after she beat Caro in 2011, twice.
She's not steady anymore. Jankovic, Ivanovic, Wozniacki.. a lot of players just cant stay near their peak.
I think Caro works hard & would like to be in the top group, but her focus and execution is much lower. She's not as steady, not as much depth. Doesnt start as well as she used to. Doesnt finish when she's ahead.
She isnt the same player. And she doesnt want a full time coach, so the mental part of this is huge.

Old Aug 6th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #4419
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

^ The relationship with Rory killed Caroline`s tennis career

Less time on court, less tournaments, less focus on tennis, Rory is her #1.

I want to see a great result in Toronto. Caroline must beat Cirstea.

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 6th, 2013, 10:04 PM   #4420
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post

I agree that when Rory saw Caroline on tv and decided thats his next girlfriend, that was a terrible day in Caro's career.
But if she cant get her game back, like Jankovic, Ivanovic, Goerges and many other players, ultimately its Caro's career, and she has to fight for it

Old Aug 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #4421
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Ok draw for Caro.

Good luck Caro.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 03:37 AM   #4422
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by rucolo View Post

Besides Rory, the other part of this disaster is her dad. When does her dad say he has to leave, that Caro has to have a coach, instead of losing almost every match she plays and acting like its normal to never get past the 2nd round
This ship is sunk with her dad pretending to be a coach. It might be too late for her to ever be confident again, but she needs to try a coach who knows the game.

Old Aug 8th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #4423
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a list of chokes by Caro in 2013:

Sydney: was up 2-0 3rd set 30-0 on Pervak's serve
Kuala Lumpor: was up a set and 3-1 against Wang and had a match point at Ad Caro at 6-5 2nd set on Wang's serve
Charleston: was up 3-1 3rd set and 3-2 3rd set 40-0 on her own serve
Rome: was up 4-0 3rd set against Jovanovski, served for the match at 5-4 3rd set, and led 5-2 in the 3rd set tiebreak
Eastbourne: was up 30-0 on her serve when she served for the match at 5-4 2nd set
Toronto: had 2 match points at 6-5 2nd set 40-15 on Cirstea's serve
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 04:43 AM   #4424
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

That six matches of her choking something gotten change soon

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Aug 8th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #4425
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Wow,what a bummer. Thank goodness I haven't stayed up last night for this. OK, she's not played for a month but to choke like this?! This would never happen to the old Caroline. Hopefully we won't see a repeat of this at US Open.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread