Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 290 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #4336
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanP View Post
I'm a little baffled by all the talk about whether or not Caro underperforms at majors; she has not played to her seeding for FIFTEEN majors in a row (not since US Open 2009) and she was the top seed for SIX majors in a row without even reaching the final! Both of those stats have to be some kind of record. Also, if you are going to apologize or make excuses for her grand slam record, then you really also have to buy into the narrative that she did not deserve to be number 1. In any case, lets just hope she starts playing some better tennis before she completely falls off the radar and no one cares about her results at the slams or anywhere else anymore.
Thats what she got criticised for, being a long term #1 and not getting to a slam final while she was #1.
I still think when a young player has F, SF, SF at a major, thats okay. Sometimes luck is involved to win majors.
But overall, if that was the glory days for Caroline, the general perception will be that she underachieved in the biggest tournaments, or just wasnt as good as the best players but was #1 because she played a lot and the tour was soft then because of injuries and retirements
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #4337
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Genuinely in shock at the number of people who think she will just waltz back into the top 10 with ease. See the poll here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=572241. But also the original thread "announcing" her comeback is full of people talking about her returning top 5, winning grand slams etc. If this ever happens, in my opinion it will be very short lived, because I just don't see Hingis content to be a journey woman, which in my mind she almost certainly would be.
I am so with you. Hilarious reading ... and I will allow myself a little chuckle, when Hingis bombs out at the first tournament she plays; in R1 ...

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #4338
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Genuinely in shock at the number of people who think she will just waltz back into the top 10 with ease. See the poll here: http://www.tennisforum.com/showthread.php?t=572241. But also the original thread "announcing" her comeback is full of people talking about her returning top 5, winning grand slams etc. If this ever happens, in my opinion it will be very short lived, because I just don't see Hingis content to be a journey woman, which in my mind she almost certainly would be.
It's a cliché, but polls at TF have nothing to do with what voters think will happen but with what they want to happen. If they genuinely think that Hingis will get back into the top five and win majors they must be soft in the head, and I say that as a Hingis fan. To be honest, I very much doubt that Hingis will make a comeback in singles because I'm sure that she realizes all that herself. In doubles, ok. I think she can still put on a respectable show there and it would be fun to see her play again. But in singles? I would be extremely surprised if she would even attempt it.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:17 PM   #4339
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

My god..how must Caro feel about reading this:

“He's got to find the right wife. And beauty is not the answer. He’s got to be intelligent and find the right wife." Gary Player, on Rory.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #4340
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Don't think they care. But I do think if the media & ppl keep bother them about their Relationship I can kinda see them breaking up hate too say it

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 06:30 PM   #4341
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

And what he has done to her career? My god, I am so shocked to read this.

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #4342
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saraya00000 View Post

“He's got to find the right wife. And beauty is not the answer. He’s got to be intelligent and find the right wife." Gary Player, on Rory.
What an asshole.

Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 10:10 PM   #4343
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

If Rory keeps playing lousy, the criticism for both will keep growing.
They were both on top of their sports. Most people in sports think that is so rare, you do everything possible to stay there.
But its their choice. They like spending time together.

Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:52 PM   #4344
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Quote:
And what he has done to her career? My god, I am so shocked to read this.
Reimind me why you post here?

Let me point you toward the Irony thead where this BS belongs and where we feel free to tear your posts apart without disrupting he tennis thread.
Old Jul 27th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #4345
country flag Saraya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burisleif View Post
Reimind me why you post here?

Let me point you toward the Irony thead where this BS belongs and where we feel free to tear your posts apart without disrupting he tennis thread.
WHAT you want to tell me? Anyway, for me not interesting!

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 12:00 AM   #4346
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
WHAT you want to tell me? Anyway, for me not interesting!
Narcissistic too... Nice.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 12:12 AM   #4347
country flag Burisleif

Quote:
(Warning: I know some of you hate betting talk, if you don't like it, don't read this post )
Love it or like it, it's irrelevant to this tread.
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #4348
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

8-9 days or 205 hours to go

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 28th, 2013, 09:47 AM   #4349
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
8-9 days or 205 hours to go
Which means she's not coming back until the top players are all in the draw.
Everything with Caro is all wrong. The scheduling, the lack of fight.
Things have just fallen and fallen. She almost HAS to get a coach.
It seems she is doing everything possible to unravel her career. She's going into Rogers Cup as a noncontender, after winning it in 2010

Old Jul 28th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #4350
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Sharapova has just WD from Roger CUp & I think Vika did not enter it so I think that make Caro the 7-8 seed ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread