Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 287 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM   #4291
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I tweeted to Babolat saying that Caro will most likely be joining them again. All they replied with was "Hm.." :P

Not a fan of her outfits. I wish Stella would give her something similar to AO 2011.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 12:06 AM   #4292
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope Caro can have a good hardcourt season and play some matches in week 2 on Ashe in that outfit
Back to her best surface with the racket she wants. Lets hope that means something positive
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 12:46 AM   #4293
country flag Jack.

Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute Jack. has a reputation beyond repute

I have to leave the forum for a while, be nice to Wozniacki while I'm gone fellow fans! Lets hope she has a good USO hardcourt season.

Juan Martin Del Potro
Jack. is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #4294
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

The bottom half of the Stanford draw just went wide open with Stosur losing.
This is going to happen more & more. It happened for Caroline at IW when Vika pulled out & Sharapova was in the other half, no Serena.

If she can get herself back to where she was, there will be plenty of opportunities. If she cant, then she had a good run 2010-11

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4295
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
The bottom half of the Stanford draw just went wide open with Stosur losing.
This is going to happen more & more. It happened for Caroline at IW when Vika pulled out & Sharapova was in the other half, no Serena.

If she can get herself back to where she was, there will be plenty of opportunities. If she cant, then she had a good run 2010-11
It's pretty incomparable though. Stanford had 2 players in the top 20, of course the draw was going to fall apart. These players are ranked where they are for a reason. It makes you question why Caro isn't playing Stanford or Carlsbad (I know she might not have been fit for Stanford this year, but she was never scheduled to play it anyway).

Anyway can anyone here give feedback on this post please, don't know if you saw the thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=3.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:38 PM   #4296
country flag goldenlox

If Caro was going to play Stanford, this would be the year.
This isnt that much room, after majors, and Tier I's

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #4297
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's pretty incomparable though. Stanford had 2 players in the top 20, of course the draw was going to fall apart. These players are ranked where they are for a reason. It makes you question why Caro isn't playing Stanford or Carlsbad (I know she might not have been fit for Stanford this year, but she was never scheduled to play it anyway).

Anyway can anyone here give feedback on this post please, don't know if you saw the thread:
http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....89&postcount=3.
Caro typically takes a few weeks off after Wimbledon before training again. So playing Stanford or Carlsbad would either cut her vacation time down by a couple of weeks or her training time.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:26 PM   #4298
country flag njcbe

njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold njcbe is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
I tweeted to Babolat saying that Caro will most likely be joining them again. All they replied with was "Hm.." :P

Not a fan of her outfits. I wish Stella would give her something similar to AO 2011.
Does anyone know which racquet she will be using or did use at Wimbledon?
I think this US Open dress is one of Stella's better for Caro. It's creative and pretty bright, imo. Not bright like last year's French Open mismatched yellow nighmare I think she took her nickname a little too seriously there.
njcbe is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #4299
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
17 tournaments seems like too few for Caro. I think 20 tournaments in a year seems about right for Caro.

I like the reduced clay court schedule.

I'm not sure why peaking at the slams is a priority given how mediocre or awful she's been outside of them.
There's going to be at least 2 internationals added, and that's assuming she stays top 10. It's pretty hard to guess these though, because she has pretty much last choice on them. I'd guess Seoul is one of the better options for one. The other I really don't know. Auckland seems reasonably in theory, but I'm not sure I like the idea of her going into the Australian Open just having faced low ranked players, even if she ends up with the title there, it's probably not that beneficial ahead of Australian Open.

If she didn't make Singapore, I'd say Moscow is an obvious choice of a tournament to add at the end of the year. But I didn't want to think negative from the outset. If she's going to be in Singapore, playing the week before, which the 2 schedules before mine have her doing is absolute suicidal. The YEC is no longer in Europe, playing in Europe the week before Singapore has to be a no-no (of course people that need the points are going to be doing it though).

Caro's camp herself says grand slams are her priority, if we believe that, she should at least be attempting to peak at them. I wasn't fond of it when she was in her prime, and even now I am not that thrilled with her schedule going into the USO. I spoke about it recently in the main thread, but imo Caro has consistently over the years failed to play her best tennis at grand slams, there is imo at least part of that down to her scheduling around them. I think she should at least try for a year scheduling with the idea of peaking at grand slams. If it doesn't work then go back, but her current schedules have never proved that beneficial for her come majors either.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:55 PM   #4300
country flag ozza

Quote:
If Caro was going to play Stanford, this would be the year.
This isnt that much room, after majors, and Tier I's
It's 2 weeks after Wimbledon. The same distance Doha is after Australia. The same distance Tokyo is after USO. Further away than Eastbourne is currently from Wimbledon. She always plays all of those, so why can't she play this? Stanford/Carlsbad are always likely to provide a good opportunity for points and on her best surface to boot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro typically takes a few weeks off after Wimbledon before training again. So playing Stanford or Carlsbad would either cut her vacation time down by a couple of weeks or her training time.
This is what I am advocating. Go on vacation in the clay season. If she wants to go to The Masters, then go on vacation after Miami. Don't play Charleston just because it's nearby to The Masters, then go to Stuttgart a week later which is normally stacked. If you mentally are on vacation then just go on vacation instead. How much vacationing has she even done since Wimbledon anyway this year, Rory can't afford to go on vacation ever at this time of year anyway.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 06:58 PM   #4301
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Caro's camp herself says grand slams are her priority, if we believe that, she should at least be attempting to peak at them. I wasn't fond of it when she was in her prime, and even now I am not that thrilled with her schedule going into the USO. I spoke about it recently in the main thread, but imo Caro has consistently over the years failed to play her best tennis at grand slams, there is imo at least part of that down to her scheduling around them. I think she should at least try for a year scheduling with the idea of peaking at grand slams. If it doesn't work then go back, but her current schedules have never proved that beneficial for her come majors either.
I dont know how you make a slam a priority except to play well.
Bartoli did not make a semi all year, did not win more than 2 matches in any tournament all year, then her draw was soft and suddenly she's in a Wimbledon semifinal with Flipkens.
So you dont even need form going into a major if you get very lucky with your draw.
You can come into a slam in great form and have an impossible draw.
I think they need to understand that its AO & USO. She has never made a serious run at the other 2.
Have to be more ready for the AO and take that major as seriously as possible. At the US Open, she been in the semis 3 of the last 4 years. So when she's playing well, she used to get thru her draw in NY

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM   #4302
country flag ozza

Quote:
I dont know how you make a slam a priority except to play well.
Bartoli did not make a semi all year, did not win more than 2 matches in any tournament all year, then her draw was soft and suddenly she's in a Wimbledon semifinal with Flipkens.
So you dont even need form going into a major if you get very lucky with your draw.
You can come into a slam in great form and have an impossible draw.
I think they need to understand that its AO & USO. She has never made a serious run at the other 2.
Have to be more ready for the AO and take that major as seriously as possible. At the US Open, she been in the semis 3 of the last 4 years. So when she's playing well, she used to get thru her draw in NY
This is just hoping one day you might get lucky and the stars align for you though. The better players make things happen for them, not just hope they get lucky. Ultimately you want to have your fate in your own hands, you are more likely to be successful if you seek to make things happen. For every Bartoli there is those that still didn't take advantage when their draw opened up, and blew that rare opportunity they had.

You are far more likely to deliver success if you consistently put yourself in the position to do so. And when you get your opportunity you have to be ready, not feeling flat because you played the last couple of weeks coming in and are running out of gas now. Caro has consistently performed worse at majors than how she is doing on the tour, why is that? For whatever reason she has had too many disappointments at grand slams, and struggled too often to play her best tennis when she most needs it.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #4303
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
This is just hoping one day you might get lucky and the stars align for you though. The better players make things happen for them, not just hope they get lucky. Ultimately you want to have your fate in your own hands, you are more likely to be successful if you seek to make things happen. For every Bartoli there is those that still didn't take advantage when their draw opened up, and blew that rare opportunity they had.

You are far more likely to deliver success if you consistently put yourself in the position to do so. And when you get your opportunity you have to be ready, not feeling flat because you played the last couple of weeks coming in and are running out of gas now. Caro has consistently performed worse at majors than how she is doing on the tour, why is that? For whatever reason she has had too many disappointments at grand slams, and struggled too often to play her best tennis when she most needs it.
She hasnt won a title all year and lost her 1st or 2nd match at 11 of 16 tournaments this year. So its not a high enough level of play to be successful at slams, unless she gets a dream draw.
To realistically think Caro can "make things happen" at majors, she has to improve

Old Jul 24th, 2013, 07:52 PM   #4304
country flag ozza

Quote:
She hasnt won a title all year and lost her 1st or 2nd match at 11 of 16 tournaments this year. So its not a high enough level of play to be successful at slams, unless she gets a dream draw.
To realistically think Caro can "make things happen" at majors, she has to improve
Which of course has to be her main aim. If she doesn't improve she isn't going anywhere anyway, right now she's just slowly drifting downwards.
Old Jul 24th, 2013, 09:59 PM   #4305
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Exactly.

Her US hard court schedule is not the problem. Her best slam is the USO and she got F SF SF 2009 - 2011. No-one will ever convince me that was a problem and she underperformed there. And I definitely could never understand this idea of playing at Stanford earlier than she intended. But when she had that injury at Wimbledon it makes even less sense to me.

The best way of making slams a priority is to start winning matches and tournaments everywhere. Not tinkering around with a US HC schedule that brought her those F SF SF USO grand slam results.

One of the worst mistakes I think team Wozniacki made in 2012 was to dismiss all those bad results saying these did not matter. Only the slams mattered now and the aim was to peak at the slams. Surprise surprise - good results at slams did not just magically appear out of a hat and were what could be expected from her level of play at the other tournaments.

Of course slams is a priority in that she hasn't got one and she got the #1. A goal but a pipedream at the moment. The immediate concern is this dreadful run of early defeats.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread