Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 276 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:37 PM   #4126
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
This doesn't show a lot though. It shows that Caro once was a top player, your endorsements peak always comes after your performance peak, because you keep signing more and more contracts. It's why Federer makes the most off the court in 2012 he's ever done, despite obviously being nowhere near his peak in terms of results. Caro doesn't have the long lasting brand of Federer though, so unless Caro's results improve, her endorsements are gradually going to decline over the coming years, you can already see it with few companies currently rushing to her doorstep (especially global companies), they will move on to someone else, companies like Turkish Airlines dropping her from their adverts etc.

The other point could easily be argued the other way. They bought Caroline (so to speak) when she was world number 1, less than 2 years later she was dropping out of the top 10, and is currently on the fringes of the top 10. That isn't a great sell for your brand. I don't really see Yonex's adventure with Caroline as a success for them, they bought a 20 year old world number 1, they got about 5 months of good results, then 2 years of very average ones. They have to have been expecting a longer term return than that. At the end of her tenure they've had journalists, TV channels saying Caroline is trying a racket of another brand because she doesn't think she's getting enough out of her current racket, that is terrible for Yonex's brand and image, their brand player effectively said their rackets aren't good enough.
It shows she's still relevant enough to keep the money flowing. Anyway, we could argue all day, we are not going to agree. Your point of view is too negative and dramatic for my liking. Considering none of the current top players uses a Yonex racket I think Caro spent too much time with them.
We'll agree to disagree.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4127
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

She did good With Yonex but not Great like she did with Babolat I mean she really only had one good year with Yonex compare too her year with Babolat from 08-10 she was playing good tennis with Babolat & she for sure got more power with Babolat. Now I not saying she going start winning now due to the fact she not with Yonex no more Because she atm is low on confidence also she need a coach & has too Improve But this too me is a step in the right direction if she goes back too Babolat which was the Racket that she first had an gave her great result

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:05 PM   #4128
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Official from @CaroWozniacki camp: No discussion at all about bringing in new coach now OR in future. Piotr changed his mind?
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #4129
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I truthful don't know what her fear in getting a new coach but it getting too the point where it starting too get childish of her & she truthful wasting time too get back and improve or win a slam like she keep talking about there alot young player coming up soon like Sloane, Maddie Key, Genie, Donna, & Monica who soon be winning the Slams

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:39 PM   #4130
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

This getting tiresome! Piotr and his BS!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #4131
country flag Trey

For Real he talk all about how he want too quit an now it this BS

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:44 PM   #4132
country flag RU90

RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future RU90 has a brilliant future

Please, give it up, Piotr...
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:48 PM   #4133
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I never thought she was getting a fulltime coach. A fulltime coach is not going to let her leave after a round 1 loss to watch golf all week.

I though she played some of her best tennis with Yonex.
At IW she beat Sharapova & Bartoli, who both won majors since then.
I didnt think after IW 2011 that her level had fallen off because of the racket switch.

I think its focus & execution. You have to be fighting nonstop, and you cant hit short balls or a lot of UE's.
Caroline not only was a very good player, she was like the big 3 now. She went deep in almost every tournament. So all these losses to Muguruza or Voegele or Mchale or Pervak. Its a huge form change from the player she was, even with Yonex

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 07:24 PM   #4134
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I never thought she was getting a fulltime coach. A fulltime coach is not going to let her leave after a round 1 loss to watch golf all week.

I though she played some of her best tennis with Yonex.
At IW she beat Sharapova & Bartoli, who both won majors since then.
I didnt think after IW 2011 that her level had fallen off because of the racket switch.

I think its focus & execution. You have to be fighting nonstop, and you cant hit short balls or a lot of UE's.
Caroline not only was a very good player, she was like the big 3 now. She went deep in almost every tournament. So all these losses to Muguruza or Voegele or Mchale or Pervak. Its a huge form change from the player she was, even with Yonex
A Full time coach is what she needs even is she goes out 1 round at an slam & goes too see her Boyfriend she human and gotta live her life at the end of the day, but truthfully a new coach should help her improve her game and if that happen she won't be losing the 1-2 round of slam. & I highly disagree with her playing some her best tennis with the Yonex Racket Her best tennis came with the Babolat racket

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #4135
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Matt Cronin ‏@TennisReporters
Official from @CaroWozniacki camp: No discussion at all about bringing in new coach now OR in future. Piotr changed his mind?
It is beyond me why anyone would pay any attention, what so ever, to what that turd is tweeting.

Edit : The turd is obviously Matt Cronin, not Golden

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #4136
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, this is one of those 'Suck-ass, no-matter-what scenarios', but let's break down hypothetical possibilities:

-If Caro never had any intention of getting a new coach, and merely remained silent while Piotr released misinformation, then that speaks to lack of respect for her fans.......Do what you'd like with THAT;it depends on how you choose your faves in sports.Would you cheer for an athlete who had no respect for you as a person?...or someone who offended your sense of right and wrong.That only applies to fans who HAVE any such standards, and it involves personal, private decisions within each individual

-If Clause 1 above was true, and Caroline either unequivocally re-stated or undeniably hinted at Piotr's comments, then that's even WORSE

-If Caroline truly intended on getting a new coach, and she changed her mind THAT quickly, then that suggests that her lack of confidence on court has filtered into her off-court decision-making and rendered her a whimsical, weak person.To me, that isn't as odious as the two scenarios above.Even if she wasn't totally sure about getting a new coach, the fact that she played along with all the hearsay that Piotr started is no better than an admission of guilt, so to speak, that superior coaching and planning was a legit issue for fans to discuss.At this stage, she forfeits any credibility in complaining about her fans' wish for a coaching change....UNLESS she gets herself back on track.

-If Caroline truly sought a new coach, and then she allowed Piotr to talk her out of it, then that's not as bad as the top two scenarios yet worse than the one directly above.If that's what happened, then I'd suggest that Caroline avoid tennis talk while drinking alcohol because she might accidentally let it slip in public.Other players will think of her as a joke if she's THAT dependent on Daddy, and they'll have no fear of her whatsoever.

On a simple level, Piotr is creating a much more negative perception of his daughter with his media shenanigans so, even if you feel that he's the best coach for Caroline, his recent actions have been ignorant, stupid and, some might argue, even selfish.I don't see ANY major benefit, even a potential one, to how he's handled things

-Scenario 5: Cronin is lying and should go back to jerking off on photos of his pathetic dream girl(no need to name names).This would be the best scenario of all, obviously

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #4137
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Imo Bruce the whole thing has come from Piotr anyway. Has Caro released any statement about wanting a new coach recently full stop? It come across very much as Piotr wanted out, rather than Caro sending him home. The main concern would be if this is true (and I wouldn't necessarily take this tweet as fact) is it just sounds a complete circus. Piotr wants out when she's at the lowest point of her career to go pursue other things (some might say abandoning a sinking ship), then she wins a couple of matches with a different racket and he wants back in again, for that reason I hope it isn't true. At no point though, even if Piotr does end up going have I felt like this is Caro's decision for him to leave.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 09:05 PM   #4138
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Imo Bruce the whole thing has come from Piotr anyway. Has Caro released any statement about wanting a new coach recently full stop? It come across very much as Piotr wanted out, rather than Caro sending him home. The main concern would be if this is true (and I wouldn't necessarily take this tweet as fact) is it just sounds a complete circus. Piotr wants out when she's at the lowest point of her career to go pursue other things (some might say abandoning a sinking ship), then she wins a couple of matches with a different racket and he wants back in again, for that reason I hope it isn't true. At no point though, even if Piotr does end up going have I felt like this is Caro's decision for him to leave.
It may have been wrong of me to speculate in such detail but, regardless, I'll still support Caroline even if she retains her dad as coach.In answer to the golf-haters, if she ever starts lying about training hard...and then runs out of gas in normal-length matches...THEN I'll reconsider whether or not she deserves support.So far, she has always been in fairly good physical condition...at least that's SOMEthing

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 10:18 PM   #4139
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
... & I highly disagree with her playing some her best tennis with the Yonex Racket Her best tennis came with the Babolat racket
I thought her form in the first half of 2011 was as good as ever. She was beating slam winners and future slam winners, and one point from a slam final.
But this year she did not win more than one match at 11 of 16 tournaments she played so far in 2013.
So something is very wrong for a player to make semis in 15 of 19 events and quickly fall to where she is now
I think this racket change is more mental. But it will only help if she starts the hardcourt season fast.
If she is still losing early, what then?

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 10:36 PM   #4140
country flag Trey

^ Not saying that with Babolat she going too starting winning like her old self again but too me she had better result in 08-10 yrs I mean she reach her grand slam final with that racket lol

Closed Thread