Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 275 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #4111
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Yes but latest news was Yonex was making her a new racket...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #4112
country flag Double A

Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future Double A has a brilliant future

Goodbye yonex~

Hopefully babolat rackets will get her back in track. If it doesn't actually help out her game, I hope it atleast makes her THINK that it does.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 04:44 PM   #4113
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Their loss, not Caro's, she can have any racket she wants. Hopefully she finds the right one.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:05 PM   #4114
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Their loss, not Caro's, she can have any racket she wants. Hopefully she finds the right one.
I don't think it's really their loss, it seems it was in the interests of all parties to just part company. The rumoured money they were paying her was absolutely crazy for someone of her current ranking. Their brand was getting tarnished by the recent black racket situation. Caro seemingly wanted out from Yonex, but I also imagine they wanted rid of her, they were paying her world number 1 money with nothing like that in return.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #4115
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Now she's on hardcourt using the racket she wanted.
So this summer/fall should tell a lot.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #4116
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

If all is as appears with this (eg. she didn't get released on breach of contract), it's a pretty bold move from Caro. She must be forgoing millions to do this. Though I guess it's an opportunity cost, because her earnings must be tumbling due to her results, and if she truly believes the racket was holding her back, it was in turn costing her (tens of) millions anyway.
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #4117
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I don't think it's really their loss
If you look at the players sponsored by Yonex, Caro was by far their biggest star hence her great contract.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM   #4118
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its funny that Lisicki uses Yonex and has tremendous power with it.
Caroline is either making a lot of errors or hitting soft short balls with Yonex.
Caroline had some good results the 1st half of 2011.
I'm not convinced it was the racket's fault, but if she believes she is better now, its worth the switch

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:29 PM   #4119
country flag ozza

Quote:
If you look at the players sponsored by Yonex, Caro was by far their biggest star hence her great contract.
But that's irrelevant if you are not getting anywhere near value for money. Yonex is a business at the end of the day, Caroline was costing them millions a year for very little return right now. In fact recent developments of her using another brands racket during the grass court season (and specifically Wimbledon) were probably costing them money through the damage that was being done to their brand.
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:32 PM   #4120
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its funny that Lisicki uses Yonex and has tremendous power with it.
Caroline is either making a lot of errors or hitting soft short balls with Yonex.
Caroline had some good results the 1st half of 2011.
I'm not convinced it was the racket's fault, but if she believes she is better now, its worth the switch
I have heard Lisicki fans this year mention they don't like her new racket and that it is holding her back (this was all prior to Wimbledon of course ).
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:40 PM   #4121
country flag Blu€

Quote:
But that's irrelevant if you are not getting anywhere near value for money. Yonex is a business at the end of the day, Caroline was costing them millions a year for very little return right now. In fact recent developments of her using another brands racket during the grass court season (and specifically Wimbledon) were probably costing them money through the damage that was being done to their brand.
Caroline herself just sells, despite her poor results lately Caro is still earning more money from sponsors than anyone else, except Serena, Sharapova or Li. Caro being number 1 with their racket for months is the best thing that has happened to Yonex in a long while, that exposure was well worth the money.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #4122
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Unless you've seen the contract, you dont know what it is.
Most of these contracts are tied to performance. If she does so & so she makes this much more.
I cant believe Caroline was hitting many incentives and she didnt want to play anymore with a Yonex. That was obvious, so this was going to happen. Both Caroline & Yonex will survive.

Old Jul 15th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #4123
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You might argue that the scenario was highly improbable but, if Caroline makes a marked turnaround with Babolat, then Yonex will look like some Pure D. Shit in the eyes of many fans

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #4124
country flag ozza

Quote:
Caroline herself just sells, despite her poor results lately Caro is still earning more money from sponsors than anyone else, except Serena, Sharapova or Li. Caro being number 1 with their racket for months is the best thing that has happened to Yonex in a long while, that exposure was well worth the money.
This doesn't show a lot though. It shows that Caro once was a top player, your endorsements peak always comes after your performance peak, because you keep signing more and more contracts. It's why Federer makes the most off the court in 2012 he's ever done, despite obviously being nowhere near his peak in terms of results. Caro doesn't have the long lasting brand of Federer though, so unless Caro's results improve, her endorsements are gradually going to decline over the coming years, you can already see it with few companies currently rushing to her doorstep (especially global companies), they will move on to someone else, companies like Turkish Airlines dropping her from their adverts etc.

The other point could easily be argued the other way. They bought Caroline (so to speak) when she was world number 1, less than 2 years later she was dropping out of the top 10, and is currently on the fringes of the top 10. That isn't a great sell for your brand. I don't really see Yonex's adventure with Caroline as a success for them, they bought a 20 year old world number 1, they got about 5 months of good results, then 2 years of very average ones. They have to have been expecting a longer term return than that. At the end of her tenure they've had journalists, TV channels saying Caroline is trying a racket of another brand because she doesn't think she's getting enough out of her current racket, that is terrible for Yonex's brand and image, their brand player effectively said their rackets aren't good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Unless you've seen the contract, you dont know what it is.
Most of these contracts are tied to performance. If she does so & so she makes this much more.
I cant believe Caroline was hitting many incentives and she didnt want to play anymore with a Yonex. That was obvious, so this was going to happen. Both Caroline & Yonex will survive.
It's blindingly obvious it wasn't value for money though. It was signed in the fall of 2010 when Caro was at the peak of her powers, she was world number 1. The only performance base contracts to an extent, the players managers/agents want the contract as protective and as good as possible, so a large guaranteed income. They also do staggered performance, so eg. I reach top 10 my guarantee goes up to x amount, and staying their gets x bonus, but the overall guarantee goes up (and for world number 1, winning a grand slam etc.). Caro's will be slightly different because it was signed at the peak of her powers, she was world number 1, she was 20 years old, they thought they were on to a goldmine, the guarantee is obviously going to be huge. Unless Yonex have released her on breach of contract or the like, if it was mutual, clearly they didn't think they were getting value for money, otherwise they wouldn't let her go (Caro can't leave Yonex unless they allow her to leave full stop).
Old Jul 15th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #4125
country flag goldenlox

Whenever a high profile player is using a racket with no logo, this is going to happen.
But she had an excellent 2011 with Yonex. She was a point from a slam final, in another slam semifinal against Serena, won IW, Dubai, Charleston, Brussels, New Haven. Finals of Stuttgart and Doha. Semis of Rome.
So I want to see if Yonex was the problem

Closed Thread