Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 268 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2013, 11:30 PM   #4006
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ wat ya talking about they said a new coach will be coming in for her by end of the year
We dont know if she hires a coach. She just lost almost every match in Miami, Charleston, Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome, Brussels, French Open, Wimbledon, and she doesnt have a coach. So we dont know.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #4007
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

It been said in Many Articles since RG that she will have a new coach after the season is over the season not over yet. We all know she in a slump come on give her a break she going have her up & down hopefully she will find some form soon

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:35 AM   #4008
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Not to be overly pessimistic but I can't believe people on here are still pining for her to make the YEC when it's looking increasingly unlikely she'll even end the year in the top 10 . I'd rather she avoid the YEC like the plague in such dire form, she'll get mauled by everyone and anyone.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #4009
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its possible she can make the YEC. Obviously not from her form her last 9 tournaments, she lost her 1st or 2nd match in 8 of those 9.

But I want to see what her hardcourt form is. If its like the last 3 months, she needs coaching that she's not getting

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 01:02 AM   #4010
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post
Not to be overly pessimistic but I can't believe people on here are still pining for her to make the YEC when it's looking increasingly unlikely she'll even end the year in the top 10 . I'd rather she avoid the YEC like the plague in such dire form, she'll get mauled by everyone and anyone.
It's more about setting goals and targets. You can't exactly be setting a goal to go down in the rankings can you.

Getting mauled by everyone and anyone wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if that did happen anyway. Getting all the wins she got vs lesser players at the end of last year didn't help her either and could have made her overconfident going into the off season, making them think they were closer than they were. Ultimately she wants to compete with the best in the game, well the only way to compete is by playing them, there is no shame in losing to them, it gives you a measuring stick of how far you've still got to go.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 05:29 AM   #4011
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I agree with ozza she should try too at least make the YEC which I kinda think caro will be trying even through at this point it will be very hard too make hopefully she can make some good runs at the hardcourts event & the last slam I still think she should add at least another event but I still looking forward too seeing who going be her new coach next year

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 07:19 AM   #4012
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

To me, finding some dependability on her serve...and also a 'happy medium' with her FH...are much better goals for Caro than barely sneaking into YEC is

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #4013
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
It's more about setting goals and targets. You can't exactly be setting a goal to go down in the rankings can you.

Getting mauled by everyone and anyone wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing if that did happen anyway. Getting all the wins she got vs lesser players at the end of last year didn't help her either and could have made her overconfident going into the off season, making them think they were closer than they were. Ultimately she wants to compete with the best in the game, well the only way to compete is by playing them, there is no shame in losing to them, it gives you a measuring stick of how far you've still got to go.
Is the goal to win a major? Bartoli had not won more than 2 matches at any tournament all year.
Then all the top 10 lost or got injured at Wimbledon.
Bartoli got her goal. She just won a major where in 6 rounds her opponents combined had won ONE tournament - that was Flipkens who won an Intl. Then she played Lisicki, who knocked out Serena & Aga (7-0 vs Bartoli).
So Caro can still win a major after losing early every tournament. I prefer her goal would be to play good high quality tennis like she used to, but this major & Fran's FO show anything can happen at one major

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:11 AM   #4014
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Is the goal to win a major? Bartoli had not won more than 2 matches at any tournament all year.
Bartoli got her goal. She just won a major where in 6 rounds her opponents combined had won ONE tournament - that was Flipkens who won an Intl. Then she played Lisicki, who knocked out Serena & Aga (7-0 vs Bartoli).
So Caro can still win a major after losing early every tournament. I prefer her goal would be to play good high quality tennis like she used to, but this major & Fran's FO show anything can happen at one major
Yeah, that's true, but if you play well on a regular base your chances increase and maybe you don't need the draw to completely fall apart in order to win. All the credits to Marion are due because she won it all and she was just too good for everyone she faced, but the chances that anyone wins another slam soon by facing no Top 15 are pretty ridiculous...then of course i wouldn't mind caro to win the uso even by defeating no seeds at all, but if you start to defeat Top 10ers on a regular base for sure you stand more chances to go the distance.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:28 AM   #4015
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Playing good tennis is subjective though. If it's not coming with results it doesn't mean anything. You can play tennis and lose yes, but not consistently, just like you can play bad tennis and win, but also not consistently. You need some sort of definitive measure of your level of play. There is also the extent you don't really know how well you are playing in a whole of the game context until you are playing the best players, Caro needs matches against the top players.

The rest of this is true, but wouldn't you far prefer to see your player go out and grab the situation by the throat and win majors, not rely on a draw you might see once every 3 years. This is where it comes down to desire of making it happen as opposed to hoping it will happen. The other problem is Caro doesn't excel on the surfaces her opposition gets weaker, she excels on the surface that pretty much everyone excels on.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:33 AM   #4016
country flag ozza

Also I know the stats will say Bartoli faced no top 16 player. But the reality is would anyone seriously not have Lisicki in their top 10 on grass, even before this year, I'm sure almost everyone had her as top 10 on grass.

Of course there's a slight flaw to this that Lisicki didn't play anywhere close to her ability on the day, but this is what happens in your first grand slam final. The pressure, the moment hits, and you are overcome by it like Lisicki was.
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 11:48 AM   #4017
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also I know the stats will say Bartoli faced no top 16 player. But the reality is would anyone seriously not have Lisicki in their top 10 on grass, even before this year, I'm sure almost everyone had her as top 10 on grass.

Of course there's a slight flaw to this that Lisicki didn't play anywhere close to her ability on the day, but this is what happens in your first grand slam final. The pressure, the moment hits, and you are overcome by it like Lisicki was.
I definitely agree. On grass Sabine is probably a top five player. Unfortunately for her she only gets to play a couple of tournaments a year on grass.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:16 PM   #4018
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

I think that Lisicki can one day win Wimbledon, but she has to improve on other surfaces so that she'll get a higher seeding. 2013 was a freak edition but nine times out of ten it will be very hard to get to the semis or beyond if you're ranked outside of the top eight.
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 7th, 2013, 12:44 PM   #4019
country flag goldenlox

Quote:

Thats the advantage of the draw. Lisicki beat Serena & Aga as an underdog then was the favorite in her first slam final. Same with Stosur beating Justine & Serena then losing to Schiavone at 2010 FO
If Hampton beat Vika at this years AO, then Sveta would have had that situation, where she doesnt have to play a YEC player to make the final and Li was injured in the final.
Caro could have had that if she beat Sveta & Hampton beat Vika, but it didnt happen this AO

Old Jul 7th, 2013, 03:20 PM   #4020
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I definitely agree. On grass Sabine is probably a top five player. Unfortunately for her she only gets to play a couple of tournaments a year on grass.
So who are your top 5?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread