Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 266 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:50 PM   #3976
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Caro is down to #10 in the rankings next week. 600 points ahead of Vinci (or 410 points ahead of Lisicki if she wins Wimbledon).
You should update 2013 race also. She has those 3 finals from late in 2012 helping her ranking, for now
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 07:57 PM   #3977
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Is making the YEC still possible?? Considering all the other players from Wimbledon who will have lots of confidence, can they possibly cause upsets??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #3978
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

YEC is definately possible if Caro has strong results. Anything is possible. Caro was in 3 US Open semifinals in the last 4 years

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3979
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
(I can't find your post now, so I'm replying to what I think it said)

Er Fran is a very different case. She was an average player who excelled on clay, the exact surface that if you are a lower ranked player you want to excel on because of how much weaker the field gets on clay. Caro doesn't have that advantage, her best surface is a surface everyone is at least competent on. Schiavone come up against the perfect opponent on the day, she faced a player who was likely to be just as nervous as she would. At the end of the day Schiavone had everything align for her that fortnight. All the types of players she struggled with, well she didn't have to face any of them. Same as Radwanska this fortnight, things had aligned perfectly for her, all her kryptonite's were out. Scenario's like this don't happen very often.

It's more than mentally toughness that's holding Caro back now. She doesn't even get to play the top players at grand slams anymore, because she doesn't get that far in the draw. Mentally though it's not going to be easy for Caroline, the longer it goes on, whenever she next gets back deep in a grand slam, she's likely to be very nervous, she won't have been in that situation for a long time, it could be a disadvantage depending on who her opponent is. Schiavone had the advantage that everything was very new for her, Caro once had it and has now lost it, it's not always as easy to come back from that scenario, because doubts have began to creep in.
Here's Bruce's post:

http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=3949
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 08:45 PM   #3980
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
You should update 2013 race also. She has those 3 finals from late in 2012 helping her ranking, for now
Lol I thought I might annoy people if I kept posting the race. Here it is:

1 Williams 7240
2 Sharapova 5890
3 Azarenka 5050
4 Radwanska 3837
5 Errani 3581
6 Li 3300
7 Bartoli 3048
8 Kvitova 2551
9 Lisicki 2471
10 Stephens 2397
11 Jankovic 2296
12 Flipkens 2253
13 Kerber 2222
14 Kirilenko 2171
15 Wozniacki 2075
16 Vinci 2062

Essentially it's very bad with regards to Istanbul. 7th is going to be 1000 points clear, 8th Kvitova will be 476 points clear. The bad thing being Kvitova is also in very bad form, and is playing more tournaments than Caro for the rest of the year. Caro's end of the year points allow her to keep a relatively high rank above her race position. In theory we are coming up to Caro's favourite part of the season now so you'd expect her to start rising back up in the race. I will see if I can find the schedules of all these players.

Last edited by ozza : Jul 6th, 2013 at 02:33 PM.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #3981
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks! ... Problem is not the 500 points up to Kvitova, but the 7 players in between!! Unlikely that all 7 + Kvitova will flunk the rest of the season.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:15 PM   #3982
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Lol I thought I might annoy people if I kept posting the race. Here it is:

1 Williams 7240
2 Sharapova 5890
3 Azarenka 5050
4 Radwanska 3837
5 Errani 3581
6 Li 3300
7 Kvitova 2551
8 Lisicki 2471 W=3071
9 Bartoli 2448 W=3048
10 Stephens 2397
11 Jankovic 2296
12 Flipkens 2253
13 Kerber 2222
14 Kirilenko 2171
15 Wozniacki 2075
16 Vinci 2062
No no it's not annoying - keep posting the race. I think it's more representative than the rankings for Caro. And it's more useful for seeing where players are in the running to make the YEC.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:33 PM   #3983
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Is it possible she can get back into the top 10 in the YEC race ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #3984
country flag One Genie

One Genie has disabled reputation

i'm new to the forum and i didn't realize she had her own section, what a great section of the forum this is
One Genie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:40 PM   #3985
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizard Of Woz View Post
i'm new to the forum and i didn't realize she had her own section, what a great section of the forum this is
Welcome to Caro Forum

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:43 PM   #3986
country flag One Genie

One Genie has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Welcome to Caro Forum
thank you
One Genie is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 09:49 PM   #3987
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Thanks! ... Problem is not the 500 points up to Kvitova, but the 7 players in between!! Unlikely that all 7 + Kvitova will flunk the rest of the season.
They also have the advantage that they can play internationals (except Kvitova), which comes in hand at the end of the season and they can just start playing every tournament under the sun to try and qualify for Istanbul.

At the end of the day it seems obvious that for Caro to make Istanbul, something big has to happen. She either needs to be winning premiers and/or making SF+ at US Open.

New Haven entry list isn't out yet, only Caro, Errani, Kvitova and Kerber are confirmed as the top 10 players.

Of the rest:
PALERMO (INT) - Errani, Vinci

BASTAD (INT) - Williams

STANFORD (PRE) - Sharapova, Radwanska, Bartoli, Flipkens, Lisicki

WASHINGTON (INT) - Stephens
CARLSBAD (PRE) - Azarenka, Radwanska, Kvitova, Vinci, Bartoli, Jankovic, Flipkens

TORONTO (P5) - Everyone bar Azarenka and Bartoli

CINCINNATI (P5) - Everyone

That is every event up until New Haven. I imagine we will see some wildcards given out to some of these players in Stanford and Carlsbad too.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 10:06 PM   #3988
country flag goldenlox

If Caro comes back on hardcourt and plays like Dubai/IW, she'll be okay. If she plays like Australia or Miami/Charleston/red clay, then she's not going near the YEC.
So it will be interesting to see. One development of this Wimbledon looks like there is more depth on the tour.
Maybe top 3 will keep dominating, but several other players look like they can go deep in slams & premiers with decent draws

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 10:43 PM   #3989
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
If Caro comes back on hardcourt and plays like Dubai/IW, she'll be okay. If she plays like Australia or Miami/Charleston/red clay, then she's not going near the YEC.
So it will be interesting to see. One development of this Wimbledon looks like there is more depth on the tour.
Maybe top 3 will keep dominating, but several other players look like they can go deep in slams & premiers with decent draws
I fully expect the top 3 to dominate the USO hard court season, hard courts lead themselves to less upsets than grass, and I don't see Lisicki or Bartoli becoming contenders overnight. This would be good for Caro also, she doesn't want these titles to start dispersing all over the place unless she's the one winning them, you see from Wimbledon why this is a bad thing.

Caro needs some big results anyway, once upon a time I was thinking we were heading for a reasonably low Istanbul cutoff, after Wimbledon though it doesn't really look that way though (amazing what a grand slam title does for your points total ). It's going to take semi-finals+ and several of them to make Istanbul.
Old Jul 5th, 2013, 03:20 AM   #3990
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
I fully expect the top 3 to dominate the USO hard court season, hard courts lead themselves to less upsets than grass, and I don't see Lisicki or Bartoli becoming contenders overnight. This would be good for Caro also, she doesn't want these titles to start dispersing all over the place unless she's the one winning them, you see from Wimbledon why this is a bad thing.

Caro needs some big results anyway, once upon a time I was thinking we were heading for a reasonably low Istanbul cutoff, after Wimbledon though it doesn't really look that way though (amazing what a grand slam title does for your points total ). It's going to take semi-finals+ and several of them to make Istanbul.
I dont see Istanbul as a goal. Playing high level tennis, tournament after tournament should be the goal.
Radwanska was so close to playing Bartoli in a slam final. 2 years ago nobody would say Aga was as good a player as Caro. Whatever happened that now Aga is right there at the end of majors while Caro is out before the QF in 6 straight majors, out before round 3 in 4 of the last 6, she has to start turning that around and making deep runs again.
This major was flukey with Errani & Caro as high seeds in the same section, but other slams will have soft sections and Caro has to start getting to quarterfinals regularly again.
Navratilova used to say that tournaments start at the quarterfinal round.

Closed Thread