Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 265 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 03:45 PM   #3961
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
I think that Lisicki is the favorite now, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope that Aga will prove me wrong and take the title.
If she plays to the best of her ability then, yeah, she's likely to win it all.Still, you can't discount the distinct possibility that she'll go back to being the normal Sabine at some pivotal clutch moment.To me, she typifies part of what's wrong with the WTA as she comes off like a very shallow wannabe cover girl.However, because she doesn't get constantly thrown in our faces a disproportionate amount of times like, say, Bethanie "Hey,everybody,look at me!" Mattek-Sands(and a few others who'll remain nameless), it wouldn't bother me so much if Sabine got her special,shining career moment

Then you've got Flipkens who would even eclipse Fran's 2010 RG run as an all-time underdog triumph....Aga is fairly hard to dislike, IMO, unless you're an ignorant mouth-breeding smegma cheese prick who insists that non-BBs will destroy the sport....And then you've got Marion and, obviously, I have some bias there.I don't think that she'll age as well as some of the fitter players, and this draw is almost ideal for her when you consider the obstacles that've been removed...kind of an interesting story that her former enemy is now coaching her, and it would add something to Mauresmo's all-time resume' to coach a slam champion

Sorry for going so far off-Caro-topic, folks, but we should remember this Wimbledon as a textbook case of draws opening up, as Caro herself might get a such an opportunity again.Ideally, she'll become tough enough that she doesn't NEED any big breaks

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 06:41 PM   #3962
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

think Caroline should really ask for an WC too Bank of the West Classic or Mercury Insurance Open

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 08:10 PM   #3963
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

You can never underestimate how important the right racket & strings are

Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson
Verdasco partially credits racket change before Eastbourne (Dunlop to Babolat) for his resurgence. #wimbledon
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:07 AM   #3964
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Forgive me if one of you has already posted it, but where is Caroline slated to play next?

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:24 AM   #3965
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ Roger Cup, Western & Southern Open, New Haven Then U.S. Open but i think should ask for WC ask either Bank of the West Classic or Mercury Insurance Open

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3966
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ Roger Cup, Western & Southern Open, New Haven Then U.S. Open but i think should ask for WC ask either Bank of the West Classic or Mercury Insurance Open
Thanks for the reply,Trey, but I ain't feelin' your plan there.Even with Caro's level of above-average physical fitness, this is a no-win agenda, in my view.If Caro manages to go deep at RC, Cincy and NH, she'll have very little left for the USO.If she somehow managed to reach the 2nd week,she'd have played 1 month straight w/o rest and would be running on fumes, almost.Petra had a similar lead-up last year(and gave a snotty, piss-ant, defensive reply--prior to the USO--when a reporter politely raised doubts about the viability of such scheduling), and everyone saw how she COMPLETELY ran out of gas in the 4th Round vs. Marion after the 1st set.To be fair,Caro has FAR better stamina and doesn't struggle with asthma, but playing 3 straight lead-ups w/o rest is an almost guaranteed losing formula.

In the event that Caro is beaten early in all of the lead-ups, as she was prior to RG, she'll at least get some needed rest yet she won't establish very solid form heading into the Slam.If she adds San Diego, then she'll play FOUR straight lead-ups before the USO, which will be even MORE terrible.Stanford wouldn't be so bad IF she had a break at some point, even the following week when SD takes place.

I respect those of you who don't like dishonest withdrawals, even though they've become so accepted within the WTA's No-accountability, Enabler sub-culture.So,if Caro doesn't invent some plausible-sounding-yet-phony excuse for backing out of RC,Cincy or NH, she can just candidly admit that she needs the rest and didn't schedule well,at first,and then withdraw w/o pretense.She might get fined(which would just be more hypocrisy from the Allaster mob), but she would survive financially

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 04:35 PM   #3967
country flag Trey

Yeah I just thought it would been an great idea too add more event due too the facet she lacking match win & she could used some wins under her belt atm, But I do understand wat your saying

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 04:46 PM   #3968
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
You can never underestimate how important the right racket & strings are

Douglas Robson ‏@dougrobson
Verdasco partially credits racket change before Eastbourne (Dunlop to Babolat) for his resurgence. #wimbledon
Apparently Caro and/or someone in her team do consider the right racket & strings at least somewhat important though. Otherwise she probably wouldn't be going through this racquet change.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #3969
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Thanks for the reply,Trey, but I ain't feelin' your plan there.Even with Caro's level of above-average physical fitness, this is a no-win agenda, in my view.If Caro manages to go deep at RC, Cincy and NH, she'll have very little left for the USO.If she somehow managed to reach the 2nd week,she'd have played 1 month straight w/o rest and would be running on fumes, almost.Petra had a similar lead-up last year(and gave a snotty, piss-ant, defensive reply--prior to the USO--when a reporter politely raised doubts about the viability of such scheduling), and everyone saw how she COMPLETELY ran out of gas in the 4th Round vs. Marion after the 1st set.To be fair,Caro has FAR better stamina and doesn't struggle with asthma, but playing 3 straight lead-ups w/o rest is an almost guaranteed losing formula.

In the event that Caro is beaten early in all of the lead-ups, as she was prior to RG, she'll at least get some needed rest yet she won't establish very solid form heading into the Slam.If she adds San Diego, then she'll play FOUR straight lead-ups before the USO, which will be even MORE terrible.Stanford wouldn't be so bad IF she had a break at some point, even the following week when SD takes place.

I respect those of you who don't like dishonest withdrawals, even though they've become so accepted within the WTA's No-accountability, Enabler sub-culture.So,if Caro doesn't invent some plausible-sounding-yet-phony excuse for backing out of RC,Cincy or NH, she can just candidly admit that she needs the rest and didn't schedule well,at first,and then withdraw w/o pretense.She might get fined(which would just be more hypocrisy from the Allaster mob), but she would survive financially
Well Petra hasn't learned from last year. She's playing an even more crazy build up to the US Open. She is playing Carlsbad, Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven in the 4 weeks before US Open. Petra schedules terribly all the time though so this is nothing new.

Ultimately it comes down to this for Caro, firstly she is nowhere near guaranteed to go deep in any of these events let and out all of them. Secondly what are her targets. There is little point building your whole schedule around the US Open if you have next to no chance of actually winning the US Open. Caro said she wants to win a title this year, New Haven is her second best chance of doing that left. There also has to be some idea in the back of her mind of maintaining her ranking as well, she desperately needs points, she can't afford a 2 tournament warm up like the top players can if she wants to stay in the top 10.

The biggest question mark would be her camp say only grand slams matter now, it's all about the grand slams. Well if that's really true, you don't schedule to play 3 straight weeks before a grand slam. I imagine there is a degree of cover up in those remarks though for her bad form.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:16 PM   #3970
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I think the most important thing is that she's back fully healthy, then I am sure she can find some form back on the american HC...I mean, if she can transport some of her latest flashes of game from grass to the HC I am sure she'll have a good summer, but the most important thing is that she needs to be 100% healthy again

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #3971
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Well Petra hasn't learned from last year. She's playing an even more crazy build up to the US Open. She is playing Carlsbad, Toronto, Cincinnati and New Haven in the 4 weeks before US Open. Petra schedules terribly all the time though so this is nothing new.

Ultimately it comes down to this for Caro, firstly she is nowhere near guaranteed to go deep in any of these events let and out all of them. Secondly what are her targets. There is little point building your whole schedule around the US Open if you have next to no chance of actually winning the US Open. Caro said she wants to win a title this year, New Haven is her second best chance of doing that left. There also has to be some idea in the back of her mind of maintaining her ranking as well, she desperately needs points, she can't afford a 2 tournament warm up like the top players can if she wants to stay in the top 10.

The biggest question mark would be her camp say only grand slams matter now, it's all about the grand slams. Well if that's really true, you don't schedule to play 3 straight weeks before a grand slam. I imagine there is a degree of cover up in those remarks though for her bad form.
At this point with her current form she not winning U.S. Open unless she run into some good form soon but that still questionable I think it a great idea to add another event too get some wins under her belt she could use some confidence badly atm But I do agree that a grandslam she be one of her main goal I hoping she can win one one day

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #3972
country flag bruce goose

Quote:

Petra acts like a small-town hick who comes to the big city for the first time and tries to swing a profit by beating an experienced three-card monte hustler

Appreciated your post above;what did you think of my comments that,if an ex-finals choker like Fran was able to get mentally tougher,then Caro could do it,too??

Old Jul 4th, 2013, 05:57 PM   #3973
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Caro is down to #10 in the rankings next week. 600 points ahead of Vinci (or 410 points ahead of Lisicki if she wins Wimbledon).
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3974
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Petra acts like a small-town hick who comes to the big city for the first time and tries to swing a profit by beating an experienced three-card monte hustler

Appreciated your post above;what did you think of my comments that,if an ex-finals choker like Fran was able to get mentally tougher,then Caro could do it,too??
(I can't find your post now, so I'm replying to what I think it said)

Er Fran is a very different case. She was an average player who excelled on clay, the exact surface that if you are a lower ranked player you want to excel on because of how much weaker the field gets on clay. Caro doesn't have that advantage, her best surface is a surface everyone is at least competent on. Schiavone come up against the perfect opponent on the day, she faced a player who was likely to be just as nervous as she would. At the end of the day Schiavone had everything align for her that fortnight. All the types of players she struggled with, well she didn't have to face any of them. Same as Radwanska this fortnight, things had aligned perfectly for her, all her kryptonite's were out. Scenario's like this don't happen very often.

It's more than mentally toughness that's holding Caro back now. She doesn't even get to play the top players at grand slams anymore, because she doesn't get that far in the draw. Mentally though it's not going to be easy for Caroline, the longer it goes on, whenever she next gets back deep in a grand slam, she's likely to be very nervous, she won't have been in that situation for a long time, it could be a disadvantage depending on who her opponent is. Schiavone had the advantage that everything was very new for her, Caro once had it and has now lost it, it's not always as easy to come back from that scenario, because doubts have began to creep in.
Old Jul 4th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #3975
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
(I can't find your post now, so I'm replying to what I think it said)

Er Fran is a very different case. She was an average player who excelled on clay, the exact surface that if you are a lower ranked player you want to excel on because of how much weaker the field gets on clay. Caro doesn't have that advantage, her best surface is a surface everyone is at least competent on. Schiavone come up against the perfect opponent on the day, she faced a player who was likely to be just as nervous as she would. At the end of the day Schiavone had everything align for her that fortnight. All the types of players she struggled with, well she didn't have to face any of them. Same as Radwanska this fortnight, things had aligned perfectly for her, all her kryptonite's were out. Scenario's like this don't happen very often.

It's more than mentally toughness that's holding Caro back now. She doesn't even get to play the top players at grand slams anymore, because she doesn't get that far in the draw. Mentally though it's not going to be easy for Caroline, the longer it goes on, whenever she next gets back deep in a grand slam, she's likely to be very nervous, she won't have been in that situation for a long time, it could be a disadvantage depending on who her opponent is. Schiavone had the advantage that everything was very new for her, Caro once had it and has now lost it, it's not always as easy to come back from that scenario, because doubts have began to creep in.
The part where I disagree is that Fran was still involved in big matches when she reached various WTA finals.They weren't as important as later Slam rounds, but they were still big.She was something like 0-for-8 and had VISIBLY unravelled in several of those finals.Then,even before her 2010 RG run, she started looking better,and more poised, and she won a couple titles.They weren't as major as RG 2010, but they were nice building blocks for her to be more confident when she had that magical run.

I don't know what it was that changed within her, but it began BEFORE her RG 2010 run,and she was already a different player even prior to the tourney.I'm not saying that Caro will do the same thing;however, I don't think that her mental obstacles will be quite as formidable as Fran's originally were.Of course,Caroline still has to iron out some physical,technical aspects in her game before she can consistently reach later rounds of Premiers and Slams

Closed Thread