Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 263 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:10 PM   #3931
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Caro and Vika used to be friends up til around when Vika won a slam, now they aren't really. Perhaps it's just a coincidence, perhaps it's not.
Oh really? You are going to join to that bullshit spread in GM just to create drama?

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM   #3932
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

If they not friends then why they still follow each other on Twitter ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 07:57 PM   #3933
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

Matt Cronin (I think) asked Caro about her "friendship" with Vika recently, and said "Vika does her own thing." Not that this even matters in the big picture...
RU90 is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:16 PM   #3934
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It is realistic that by Saturday night, Aga, Vika and Petra all have majors.
Thats life. When Caro is struggling, I hope that motivates her.
I expect this group to win many more majors. When Serena is another 2 or 3 years older, I expect a lot of slams to be very winnable.
Whether Caro is in that group contending at majors is up to her. You have to fight for it. Aga & Sabine fought thru very tough matches, and now play each other.
You have to fight every round, from the 1st point on.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:25 PM   #3935
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
It is realistic that by Saturday night, Aga, Vika and Petra all have majors.
Thats life. When Caro is struggling, I hope that motivates her.
I expect this group to win many more majors. When Serena is another 2 or 3 years older, I expect a lot of slams to be very winnable.
Whether Caro is in that group contending at majors is up to her. You have to fight for it. Aga & Sabine fought thru very tough matches, and now play each other.
You have to fight every round, from the 1st point on.
I was thinking this, and where it's a good thing or not. On the one hand it could motivate her. On the other hand the pressure goes up, it just points out even more that she doesn't have a grand slam, she's the only real one (in terms of top players) from her generation without a grand slam, she's fallen a long way behind her peers etc. Really she's had enough things that people have said "should motivate her", but seemingly it's never really worked out that way.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:43 PM   #3936
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It doesnt matter if 'its a good thing' or not. The top players from the generation thats about 23yrs old should be winning majors the next 5-8 years.
This should be their time. That Caro stopped winning matches is something we've all guessed at.
Rory, change of style, change of technique, burned out..
Whatever it was, it cant be worse than Lisicki being off the tour with an injury.
If Caro cant overcome whatever stopped her success, then it wasnt meant to be.
She's not overplaying, because she doesnt win many matches. Rory's been around for 2 years. She has to be able to play with a boyfriend.
If they did some changes that set her back, they have to look at old tapes and get back to what she did well.
But if she cant do it, it happens. There were other young stars who faded out early. You need the mental toughness to fight thru any adversity

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 08:54 PM   #3937
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It doesnt matter if 'its a good thing' or not. The top players from the generation thats about 23yrs old should be winning majors the next 5-8 years.
This should be their time. That Caro stopped winning matches is something we've all guessed at.
Rory, change of style, change of technique, burned out..
Whatever it was, it cant be worse than Lisicki being off the tour with an injury.
If Caro cant overcome whatever stopped her success, then it wasnt meant to be.
She's not overplaying, because she doesnt win many matches. Rory's been around for 2 years. She has to be able to play with a boyfriend.
If they did some changes that set her back, they have to look at old tapes and get back to what she did well.
But if she cant do it, it happens. There were other young stars who faded out early. You need the mental toughness to fight thru any adversity
Do you not think it can affect her psyche more though? It becomes even more standout that she never won a grand slam, the naysayers will grow that she could never get over the line at grand slams. The pressure becomes even greater on Caro to win a grand slam, especially as in the media Caro and Aga are seen as similar players, so the questions will turn up even more on why Caro could never win a major.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:01 PM   #3938
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Do you not think it can affect her psyche more though? It becomes even more standout that she never won a grand slam, the naysayers will grow that she could never get over the line at grand slams. The pressure becomes even greater on Caro to win a grand slam, especially as in the media Caro and Aga are seen as similar players, so the questions will turn up even more on why Caro could never win a major.
What pressure? Caro is rarely if ever brought up by commentators in terms of being in the mix to win a big tournament anymore.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3939
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What pressure? Caro is rarely if ever brought up by commentators in terms of being in the mix to win a big tournament anymore.
At least on the commentary here in nearly 100% of Caro's matches it is brought up how she hasn't won a grand slam yet. A lot of the time it's mentioned how defensive players don't win grand slams, they can't cope with the big hitters at the top of the game. If Aga wins Wimbledon, all of a sudden that rather simple argument which is put forward by a lot of the media instantly falls apart, and more questions will be asked why Caro can't win a grand slam.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:23 PM   #3940
country flag goldenlox

She has to be able to get thru draws. The last time she played a slam QF she was #1. Thats a long time ago.
She has to get to QFs & SFs. Yeah, she will lose a lot of them, but you have to get there to ever win a major.
Cant worry being criticised for not winning a major early in her career.
She never should have let that affect her. You do your best and thats all you can do.

But even after IW, you could see she wasnt fighting anymore. Lost to Muguruza 16 46. Folded against Voegele.
These players who win majors are fighting for their rankings, fighting thru the draws. Even these 1 slam players who never got to #1, like Stosur, Schiavone, Li.. they've all been in at least 1 other major final. Except Kvitova, she was in 2 slam semis last year losing to Sharapova.
They all have frustrating losses. But you have to keep fighting, and Caro's not doing that, or doing it effectively enough

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 09:35 PM   #3941
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
No.
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:00 PM   #3942
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with ozza at some point that it could get too her too see all her peer & friends have a Slam consider she was ahead of them all at one point & for her not too have a slam yet. mostly Aga who started off at the bottom outta this generation only person I would say who don't have a slam that in there generation beside Caro is Pavlyuchenkova So yeah it a chance that could happen and yes the media would go hard on why Aga won one and Caro didn't or what Aga did & Caro didn't I hoping through it motivate more than anything through to get back in the mix and win an slam. What I most happy too hear is that fact she changing thing trying another racket & looking too work with another coach so hopefully so good come outta this.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 10:38 PM   #3943
country flag goldenlox

I'd like to see Aga win because I believe you can win majors with defense. I think Caro & Aga can both be multiple slam winners.
Maybe not Caro, unless she starts playing as well as she used to. But the way Aga played in January and the last 2 Wimbledons, and Miami 2012, I definately can see Aga as a multiple slam winner

Old Jul 2nd, 2013, 11:26 PM   #3944
country flag Trey

Quote:
I'd like to see Aga win because I believe you can win majors with defense. I think Caro & Aga can both be multiple slam winners.
Maybe not Caro, unless she starts playing as well as she used to. But the way Aga played in January and the last 2 Wimbledons, and Miami 2012, I definately can see Aga as a multiple slam winner
Give Caro some Hope She still have years in her & many chances hopefully she can do it, Even if she just win one slam

Old Jul 3rd, 2013, 01:49 AM   #3945
country flag Trey

just check the entry list it seem Caroline will be playing both Roger Cup & Western & Southern Open Hopefully she get heal soon from her injury & get ready for summer hardcourt

Closed Thread