Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 260 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:17 PM   #3886
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I hope she'll get over through it soon,too. This tournament has turned into a desert. Almost all crowd-pulling players are gone and it's only first week. I bet the organisers must be pissed off. Oh well, maybe we'll see some good performance from the young players.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 10:05 PM   #3887
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I hoping she get well soon too & able too get some wins & find some form during summer hardcourt season & make an decent run at the last slam but mostly I looking forward too next season with her new coach

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 10:15 PM   #3888
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
I hope she'll get over through it soon,too. This tournament has turned into a desert. Almost all crowd-pulling players are gone and it's only first week. I bet the organisers must be pissed off. Oh well, maybe we'll see some good performance from the young players.
In the UK they have Murray as a favorite and Robson with a workable draw. So its a big event, besides a regular Wimbledon.
For Caro, she's never won beyond round 3 at Wimbledon.
But here's a major that both Maria & Vika are out in the same half. These things happen which is why its important for Caroline to try to get back to where she was. Because openings at majors will be there
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

Last edited by goldenlox : Jun 27th, 2013 at 10:24 PM.
goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:02 AM   #3889
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Forgive me if I'm misquoting you because I might be thinking of other posters' comments instead, but haven't you previously posted that Caroline didn't necessarily have all that much time because of the heavy amount of match play that she's had in her early years?I thought that you'd made some other posts that we shouldn't assume that Caro will be around 'til she's 30 as some veterans have been.

Keep in mind that I'm not criticizing the post above in any way, nor am I accusing you of doublespeak.As fans,we're certainly entitled to change our minds about players' prospects.I'm just wondering--IF my recollection is correct and you DID make those aforementioned posts--what was it that persuaded you that Caro might find success in her veteran years if she doesn't find it within the next couple seasons??
I think you might be confusing goldenlox with me. I've said essentially that I think Caro's potential slam winning window will end after in 2016, 2017, or 2018 due to the high numbers of matches she's played and a physically & mentally demanding game style.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)

Last edited by Protoss : Jun 28th, 2013 at 06:17 AM.
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:05 AM   #3890
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Yeah, I can respect what you're saying from a practicality standpoint. Still, for those who complain that the top players are too dominant at the majors, here's a chance for lesser lights to make some noise, possibly even establish a base for future confidence and continued success. All in all, though, I'd rather see Caroline do well than some newer player

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:16 AM   #3891
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Well Matts did coach Golovin so he has coached before.
How long did he coach her and was he actually travelling with her as a full time coach?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 06:26 AM   #3892
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Hmmmph...the Wta's website wrapup on yesterday's matches mentions that Caro was upset but doesn't mention that she was being hampered by injury.

Other lists of upsets didn't tend to mention Caro being or anyone else being injured except those who retired from their match. Why is a retirement needed a lot of the time in order to get an acknowledgment of injury being a factor (to varying degrees) in a loss?
Don't forget that the WTA webpage has a level of editorial professionalism that you might find from the school newspaper at an elementary school.They still claim that Venus has the longest streak of this millennium, in 2000---but 2000 was the final,thousandth year of the 2nd millennium AD while 2001 was the first year of THIS millennium.Of course, Stacy Allaster's nephew, Fester, who runs the WTA webpage, dropped out in his final year of junior high and enrolled directly in McDonald's Dishwasher Trainee School, so we can't expect him to understand that "difakelt math stuph".

If, God forbid, Caroline ever decides to exaggerate minor injuries to default from matches or skip tournaments, THEN the WTA will jump right on board to enable her as they do with several others......Thanks for clearing up my faulty recollection,btw

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #3893
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
How long did he coach her and was he actually travelling with her as a full time coach?
and Golovin and Caroline have very few in common

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #3894
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro needs a good coach. But she isnt coachable. She wants to have vacations when she loses early.

I kept saying she should be practicing on hardcourt, getting ready for hardcourt. Lets face it, her game is bad on grass. Here is a half that almost anyone can make the Wimbledon final, and Caro never had a chance in it. Puig had a better chance.

And of course, add to that, now she is injured. That probably will hurt her hardcourt preparation. Without a coach still

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #3895
country flag goldenlox

The more I think about it, she chose Charleston because it was near The Masters, then lost to Voegele with a great draw. Then did not win A SINGLE MATCH at Stuttgart, Madrid, Rome or Brussels after spending all week with golf..

If you agree to coach Caro, you'd better get some upfront money, because she will be hard to coach

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 11:32 AM   #3896
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ or you need a long contract. Judging from previous experiments, she'll fire you quickly. Severance package. Nam nam.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 01:42 PM   #3897
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Well we see at the end of the year, i don't care if the coach nice i more of what he or she can bring too the table too help her improve & get back in the mix

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #3898
country flag Trey

To me IMO i always thought Heinz Günthardt, Brad Gilbert, Michael Mortensen & Antonio Van Grichen (to bad he with Genie) would be great coach for her

Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3899
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

WTA Legends To Be Honored Sunday
The WTA will celebrate four decades of growth and achievement with an amazing gathering of WTA World No.1s at the All-England Club in London this coming Sunday, June 30.
http://www.wtatennis.com/40love/arti...honored-sunday

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 28th, 2013, 03:33 PM   #3900
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
WTA Legends To Be Honored Sunday
The WTA will celebrate four decades of growth and achievement with an amazing gathering of WTA World No.1s at the All-England Club in London this coming Sunday, June 30.
http://www.wtatennis.com/40love/arti...honored-sunday
Whole bunch of #1's lost early. Will they hang around?

Closed Thread