Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 259 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 06:50 AM   #3871
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Sad to see Caro fall and get injured and lose. Get it better soon.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters

Last edited by terjw : Jun 28th, 2013 at 11:24 AM.
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:34 AM   #3872
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
^^Maybe, I personally think Matts Wilander could be a very good coach for her.

But yes of course, there's lots of work to be done and the talk about 'playing great' and 'being a contender' is just the usual PR bull. She's not and I highly doubt, she feels she is herself. It's just for the press. Putting on a brave face.

On another issue than coach, she said herself, she was partly injured large parts of 2012. Now she's injured again. Maybe ... just maybe, her body cannot cope any longer? And great coach or not, is all too little too late, as it is too late.
How is Wilander from a technical knowledge/ability point of view?

Minor, lingering injuries are common.

Caro can reduce her schedule some if she wants to give her body more rest.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:44 AM   #3873
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Now she has to make sure she's healthy then have a vacation.
The real issue is that she only won 5 matches since April, we're heading into July.
It will be interesting to see if she still is losing almost every match this fall, or if she can fight and play well and have good results
Depending on Caro's health, it could be a good idea to shorten Caro's vacation a bit compared to her norm. She has a lot of areas to work on and more time to work on them would probably be helpful.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 09:49 AM   #3874
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Officially you will know next week if she's entered or not. TheBoiledEgg said she isn't entered a couple of weeks ago though, and they were right about the players that are skipping Toronto. There was still time for her to enter then though. I certainly think she should enter. I think she has to make all effort to attempt to to qualify for Istanbul, to at least feel a part of the elite. She can't afford to be skipping Premier 5s to achieve that goal. I mean lets not be kidding ourselves, 2000 points is a big ask whatever schedule she plays.
I don't think that she should put any pressure on herself to qualify for Istanbul. Realistically there is a very slim chance that it will happen. Of course she should try to win every match and do everything that she can to improve but setting unrealistic goals is not going to do her any favours. If she qualifies that would be great but right now I think that it is much more important for her to improve her game. As it is now she would almost certainly lose at least two, probably all three, of her round robin matches decisively. Will being embarrassed at the YEC do anything for her confidence?

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 10:07 AM   #3875
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Depending on Caro's health, it could be a good idea to shorten Caro's vacation a bit compared to her norm. She has a lot of areas to work on and more time to work on them would probably be helpful.
She doesnt play matches anymore. She's played about 16 tournaments and lost 1st or 2nd match at about 11 of them.
Remember, 2 years ago she was in semis in 15 of 19 & holding 9 titles.
Now in 2013 she's 0 for 16, and loses immediately in 2/3rds of them.
So if she's injured, they can give her 2 months off. She isnt missing anything.

When Caroline was #1 but criticised for not winning majors, she still was in 3 slam semis during the 6 slams she was seeded #1.

Now since she lost #1 she played 6 slams and won a total of 7 matches.
So this was her average major. 2nd round loss. its also her average nonmajor for 2013. 2nd match loss.

So any new coach has serious problems, that maybe will never get solved.

Lets face it, its possible we will look back in 3 years and talk about how #9 is a great ranking. we wish she could back near it.

Because young players like Stephens and others are coming up and Caro is still going backwards
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:38 AM   #3876
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
How is Wilander from a technical knowledge/ability point of view?

Minor, lingering injuries are common.
As as player, Wilander is probably one of the men closest to Caro's 'style' and had himself to become more aggressive. But as Mats made the comment he did, live on TV, he's probably not one of the two coaches, they are talking to.

True about injuries. However, even more so a problem for Caro, as her greatest strength is her fitness level. And it all just points in one (sad) direction : We will never again see Caro at the very top of women's tennis.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Jun 27th, 2013 at 01:04 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 11:57 AM   #3877
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its too bad, because she was such a great fighter. She was always giving her best. Always a high level opponent.
But whatever happened as 2011 went on, her game deteriorated and no one around her could help her.

They have to study rackets and strings. Get the absolute best for her. They have to go back to what she does best. Stop trying to change style of play or mechanics until she can get some consistency back.

But they know all that, and she still is 0-for-16 with 11 losses in her 1st or 2nd match this year.

I dont see any signs of optimism. If IW meant nothing, her consistency is gone. They might have to rebuild from scratch
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:02 PM   #3878
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Hope it heels fast!

CaroWozniacki Caroline Wozniacki
Scan, treatments, scan, treatment, treatment, treatment.. #getfit.. Thanks for all the support tweeps!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 12:23 PM   #3879
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
I don't think that she should put any pressure on herself to qualify for Istanbul. Realistically there is a very slim chance that it will happen. Of course she should try to win every match and do everything that she can to improve but setting unrealistic goals is not going to do her any favours. If she qualifies that would be great but right now I think that it is much more important for her to improve her game. As it is now she would almost certainly lose at least two, probably all three, of her round robin matches decisively. Will being embarrassed at the YEC do anything for her confidence?
Is it anymore unrealistic than the apparent top 5 and win a grand slam goals she set herself at the start of the year? There needs to be something she's aiming at, Istanbul, stay in the top 10 whatever, otherwise where is she really going?

Improving obviously has to be the main goal, but you also need to have some sort of targets in mind. I think your final point can be argued both ways, it doesn't look great if you lose all your matches a YEC, it also doesn't look great if you go from world number 1 in back to back years to not at YEC 2 consecutive years, it makes you look far removed from the top of the game.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM   #3880
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Improving obviously has to be the main goal, but you also need to have some sort of targets in mind.
Problem with target : 'Improving', of course is, it is not tangible. If you miss YEC 3 years in a row, can you claim 'improving'.

Making YEC. That's a target and you can measure it. Winning a tournament, a slam, making it to R4 in a slam. YE #10 etc .. Tangible targets.

YE#5 is improvement to YE#10.

IMHO when someone starts having non-tangible, measurable targets and it all becomes touchy-feely, wushi washi, subjective, it's because they have given up on reaching the goals, they really (within themselves) reached for.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 01:23 PM   #3881
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Problem with target : 'Improving', of course is, it is not tangible. If you miss YEC 3 years in a row, can you claim 'improving'.

Making YEC. That's a target and you can measure it. Winning a tournament, a slam, making it to R4 in a slam. YE #10 etc .. Tangible targets.

YE#5 is improvement to YE#10.

IMHO when someone starts having non-tangible, measurable targets and it all becomes touchy-feely, wushi washi, subjective, it's because they have given up on reaching the goals, they really (within themselves) reached for.
Yes I agree with this which is why I say there needs to be some targets in there. You can say I feel good about my game, I have my motivation back, whatever, but if it's not showing in your results then it doesn't mean anything. That target should at least be aiming at equaling your performance last year. If we are saying it's going to be difficult to make Istanbul, then really you can say you've improved all you like, the reality is it isn't showing in your results. Especially when in my mind the top 10 this year is weaker than it was last year.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #3882
country flag TennisFan66

^ K ..

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 02:24 PM   #3883
country flag Protoss

Hmmmph...the Wta's website wrapup on yesterday's matches mentions that Caro was upset but doesn't mention that she was being hampered by injury.

Other lists of upsets didn't tend to mention Caro being or anyone else being injured except those who retired from their match. Why is a retirement needed a lot of the time in order to get an acknowledgment of injury being a factor (to varying degrees) in a loss?
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 02:51 PM   #3884
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Yeah I saw that as well, it was an upset () but she was hampered by injury and that's why she lost if that didn't happen I could have seen her winning that match. Please recover well caroline!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM   #3885
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I just hoping she recover from her injury soon, I also hoping she pull some good result for the summer hardcourts do well at the last slam

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread