Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 255 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 24th, 2013, 11:33 PM   #3811
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhNaNa View Post
Does anyone know how Cetkovska was playing against Vekic? Slighty worried about this match. I'm not sure if she'll win it or not. I hope she does A 3r with Sloane
Fan reports:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shvedbarilescu View Post
I watched this match live. Definately the best performance by a female player I saw today by a wide margin. Petra played ridiculously well. It was one purple patch from beginning to end. Totally in the zone. I'd say the stats, as good as they were, didn't even do justice to how she played. Donna did nothing wrong and played a solid match. She has a good future but she never had a chance in this one. Petra just toyed with her.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertango View Post
I was there too! And I totally agree; Petra was SUPERB. Seeing her live I was able to really appreciate what she can do. This match was won by her maturity and variety. Donna, whilst impressive in her own way, looked so one-dimensional in comparison.

So many times, Vekic hit a great shot, drawing Petra out wide perhaps, or simply putting her on the defense and out of her comfort zone, yet Cet was almost always able to reply with interest - with dinks, chips, dropshots, lobs, volleys and a great BH slice she used on several occasions, to get herself not only back into the point but to turn defense into attack, as Donna couldn't deal with it consistently.

Cetkovska's strokes are so fluid, there is nothing jarring about her game and she moves really elegantly. Whilst she wasn't as powerful as Vekic, she hits a great ball, is VERY accurate, moves well and loves the into-out FH. She never looked off-balance, whereas Vekic was often all over the place. In fact that was a big thing I noticed today. All these players hit the ball well, but a big difference is how the better players defend. Petra never really looked uncomfortable, regardless of what Vekic hit.

Donna is clearly great, but I'm not jumping on the bandwagon yet. She's not so powerful as to just hit her way off the court, and really her weaknesses were exposed today. Still, she's just 16, LOADS of time.

Interesting moment; I was sitting on the back row. Halfway through the 2nd set I heard what sounded like Polish being whispered DIRECTLY into my ear I turned my head to the right and there was Caroline Wozniacki standing behind the chairs, practically breathing down my neck. She was SO close to my face I had to laugh. She gave me a smile. It was quite... surreal. She seems a very nice person.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:08 AM   #3812
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

^ Well ozza will you a sight edge too Caro or Cetkovska
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:30 AM   #3813
country flag RU90

RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of RU90 has much to be proud of

I don't have much confidence in Caro against Cetvoska, who qualified. She is quite the classy player on grass. I have a feeling it could be a match like that Bastad final against M. Sanchez, in which Caro has no answers for her opponent's variety (as opposed to being pushed around by more powerful players). I hope I'm wrong.
RU90 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:15 AM   #3814
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

There are no easy draws for Caroline anymore. I was hoping with Dubai/IW she would start to assert herself more in early rounds, but it was the opposite. Early round opponents are too tough for her most weeks.
Quite a mess that she is really struggling with. I dont see any happy endings coming in this tournament.
But I would like to see her fighting hard on hardcourt.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 03:34 AM   #3815
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

Well the Match Haven't happen yet so let be happy she past the first round I think her match against Cetvoska winnable but it going be tough then the first round for sure but winnable in many ways
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 09:40 AM   #3816
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
WD Caro on your win today. That's what I want to come in to see. Repeat in round 2 please.

On another note - I couldn't post here all weekend. When I pressed "Submit Reply" it deleted what I typed and I got that window up that said my message is too short and I needed to type 2 characters. Anyone else had a problem like that where they could read posts but not post?
Huh. No, I have never seen anything like that. Which web browser do you use? Sometimes they can go a bit wonky and using a different one will fix the problem.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #3817
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think after this tournament Caro's team has to study what Caro was doing back in late 2010, early 2011.
Where she was serving, where she was hitting her ground strokes. What % down the line, what down the middle, crosscourt.
Even time Caro - how long between the last point ending and her serve. How long from a fault to her 2nd serve.

I think she was more patient. Believed that she was going to play 3 hours of quality tennis. Now she seems more frazzled. Less focused. They should try to re-enact her 2010-11 hardcourt form for this hardcourt season coming up

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:07 PM   #3818
country flag Trey

I don't think her form back in 2010-2011 will br able to beat most of the top player today she need improvement her serve look good so far IMO if anything her team need to look back at how she used too hit backhand down line & try too get her too do that again but her game need improvement in area like at the net which I liking she going to the net more, her FH & BH
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:27 PM   #3819
country flag goldenlox

She definately needs to improve simple things, like winning the point when her opponent hits a short lob or a sitter at the net.
But I think she used to be patient, knowing she was going to play 3 hours of quality tennis. I would like to see that again. I see it with Vika, but not with Caro

Old Jun 25th, 2013, 12:40 PM   #3820
country flag Trey

Yeah she need too get better at closing out match better which was something she was good at as well as not let lead slip outta her hand
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:01 PM   #3821
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

I feel like some of you should be working with Caro instead of her current team.
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:22 PM   #3822
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
I feel like some of you should be working with Caro instead of her current team.

How much does it pay?

On another, before we do in our pants, shaking over R2, Caro is 1.45 Vs 3.20 punters fave.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #3823
country flag Double A

Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of Double A has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
How much does it pay?

On another, before we do in our pants, shaking over R2, Caro is 1.45 Vs 3.20 punters fave.
You get to hang out with Caroline all day and boss her around. What more do you need in life?
Double A is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #3824
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarredreamer View Post
You get to hang out with Caroline all day and boss her around. What more do you need in life?
With reference to the applicant and their associated posters, a rather generous dose of Amitriptyline would seem applicable to me.
Old Jun 25th, 2013, 07:37 PM   #3825
country flag neverforget
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Are you in elementary school??This wasn't an insult of Ana,I was blaming SVEN,as anyone with more than kindergarten-level deductive powers would've figured out.The mods will do nothing but PITY you for having such feeble mental aptitude,as no TF rules were broken above.

The premise was to express distrust for Groeneveld and APDP and their role with Caroline,and it's time for you to grow the f--k up.LOTS of fans in the Serb forum are fully aware of what Sven did,so pull your head from your rectum and get a whiff of reality---it smells FAR cleaner out here
How about this, asshole. Go fuck yourself. You know exactly what you were doing. I don't care if I get kicked off here. You are a POS attacker of Ana Ivanovic. That is all you are.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread