Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 251 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 09:17 PM   #3751
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

^ I kinda Like Her coming into the Net More even through she Missing Most of the shot & there very easy put away but I like it do to the fact she atleast trying to finish of points & beside always letting her opponent run her side to side & standing so far behind the baseline, which even through kinda happen today & really she need too learn how to get better at the net and Volley I always said playing double will play with that but she doesn't play double so I guess she have too do in her single match & I think she also need too finish off points better beside being so Passive at time and waiting for the error

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 09:29 PM   #3752
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Do you think that's due it to being grass? For Caro to have little or no impact on a match against a clearly non-elite player like Hampton is a troubling prospect.

What I wonder is why Caro is coming to the net so often.
Well firstly part of it is Caroline just wasn't playing very well. Grass doesn't help things at all though. Any surface where Caroline's movement is hampered is bad for her. In the case of grass it hampers everyone (unlike clay where it's down to not being able to slide), grass helps players who can just stand in and dominate a point, well that isn't Caroline. Players always have a get out clause vs Caroline on grass, they can just hit to her forehand and unless it's literally a sitting duck know Caroline can't hurt them. If you saw Hampton speak to her coach in the second set (where she did a lot of the talking), you see the mentality of her opponents, she talked about how she knows Caroline can't really hurt her from that side, she was frustrated at how she was playing, but she had a sound game plan to beat Caroline.

I imagine the coming to net part is an idea of being more aggressive, but in practice it's not a great tactic for her right now. She's not like a Radwanska who can come in on pretty much a bluff and still win the point with net skills, Caroline has pretty much no touch at net at all, her volleys normally just normally sit up. There is also the idea that I touched on in my previous post, that if you are struggling to finish a point from the back of the court then you come forward.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 10:12 PM   #3753
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro had match point on her serve vs Li and lost.
Here up a set and break and serving for the final at 30-0 and lost.
Late 2011 she was up a break 6-5 30-0 against Pennetta in set 3 and lost.

The only way she will ever win a major is to improve her serve, and how she plays these points.
Her team has to study these service games and why she isnt holding.
Breaking down her forehand wont help her. She has to be able to serve out a match. That was her problem even when she was at her peak.
She was up a break in the 3rd against Kim in the 2010 YEC final.
You have to close. Cant give away leads at the end of matches
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 10:29 PM   #3754
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ Her Serve has gotten better it look like judging through out this event so it not the main factor, I Still think that it need too keep improving but I think her forehand need more work & her Back hand need get back to where it was when she used too hit winners, But mostly Caroline need too learn how too finish off points & go for her shots Those Improvement need too happen, She also need too stop letting lead slip outta her hand & close out matches better that something that need too change and something that she used too be good at but I guess by her being low on confidence that happen.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 11:51 PM   #3755
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

It wasnt only 5-4 30-0 and not getting a point on her serve the rest of that game.
Also Hampton was serving 2-4 and Caro was up 0-40 and had 5 break points for a 2 break lead, *5-2 in set 2.
So there were about 7 points, where if Caro won ANY ONE of them she wins the match.
Just bad play at the key moments.

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:40 AM   #3756
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Caroline is now won 6, lost 10 vs players outside the top 40 in 2013. A 37.5% winning %.
53% (8/15) of Caro's losses have come against players outside the top 30 in the YEC race.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 05:09 AM   #3757
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, it's just about SlamTime again, a chance to talk about two big dreams--one shared by all of us and the other mostly mine.The first, by far most important one, is that Caroline would have a miracle run and win her maiden Slam.

The second one is a scenario in which one of TF66,Ozza or Terjw's buddies totes a crayon, magic marker, chalk....whatEVER...and opts to do some creative artwork on the drawboard over at SW19. This would lead to a magnificent sports headline in the newspaper that would NEVER be forgotten: Vandals DRAW on the DRAW

I'm not sure how picky the British judicial system is when it comes to that sort of thing, but I'm guessing that--with a sincere apology--the offender would get no worse than a token fine and,maybe,one night in jail.

So, Brits, if you know any hardy souls, then NOW is the time to encourage him/her to earn an inerasable place in infamy

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 06:28 AM   #3758
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I wish Caro wouldn't argue so much with the officials.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 10:22 AM   #3759
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
I wish Caro wouldn't argue so much with the officials.
Yeah, that does look bad, especially when she's playing someone who's broke.
It looks the spoiled rich kid.
But I'm glad she showed effort. I think she hasnt been playing well since IW. She never used to do that. She used to fight every match. If she lost, it was like this loss, close and hard fought.
This spring she's losing 16 46 to Muguruza, and there's no way that should happen.
Lets see how she competes at Wimbledon. This is her best draw since she lost R of 16 to Cibulkova in 2011
If she's ever going to make a run on grass, this year is the year

Last edited by goldenlox : Jun 22nd, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 01:47 PM   #3760
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, if you thought 200 over for RG glory was high for Caro, it just traded at 230 for SW19 ... If she could win a round or two, maybe it'll come in to 'just' 150

S.Williams is 1.50 ... That's for 7 matches. Not much room for anything going wrong intra-match there. Tooooooo tempting, so that just traded too

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3761
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Yeah, that does look bad, especially when she's playing someone who's broke.
It looks the spoiled rich kid.
But I'm glad she showed effort. I think she hasnt been playing well since IW. She never used to do that. She used to fight every match. If she lost, it was like this loss, close and hard fought.
This spring she's losing 16 46 to Muguruza, and there's no way that should happen.
Lets see how she competes at Wimbledon. This is her best draw since she lost R of 16 to Cibulkova in 2011
If she's ever going to make a run on grass, this year is the year
Caro was in a lot better form going into 2011 Wimbledon though. It rather annoys me that after having only been broken once that Wimbledon going into the match against Cibulkova and not having been broken that match as of 2-0 3rd set 40-30 (game point), Caro ended up getting broken 3 times in the 3rd set. It also wasn't good that she couldn't break Cibulkova once in the 2nd set.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:11 PM   #3762
country flag Protoss

It's kind of frustrating seeing lots of other players improve while Caro is regressing or being stagnant.
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:14 PM   #3763
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
It's kind of frustrating seeing lots of other players improve while Caro is regressing or being stagnant.
Her team decided to tear her forehand apart. So not a surprise she's worse.
But no part of her game has improved. Thats the part her team has to be responsible for, just as much as ruining her forehand.
The simpliest put away at the net is still a problem

Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 02:18 PM   #3764
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

All that was needed was a few good serves at 5-4 30-0 and it could have been her in final today, but I have gotta be honest I was impressed with her serving this week, I dunno if has something to do with the racket or maybe a secret coach??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 22nd, 2013, 03:21 PM   #3765
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Caro was in a lot better form going into 2011 Wimbledon though. It rather annoys me that after having only been broken once that Wimbledon going into the match against Cibulkova and not having been broken that match as of 2-0 3rd set 40-30 (game point), Caro ended up getting broken 3 times in the 3rd set. It also wasn't good that she couldn't break Cibulkova once in the 2nd set.
yeah. caro has won 35 service games in a row
Closed Thread