Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 250 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:29 PM   #3736
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I dont believe that players are better the 2nd time they play Caro. For some reason she stopped trying after IW.
Maybe it had to do with The Masters, and she decided she doesnt like clay.
She'd better rethink that. People thought Serena and Sharapova were at their worst on clay.
You have to prepare for the clay season instead of going to The Masters or the year before she was running around with Rory to horse races & rugby.

But for now, if she continues to serve well and try hard, she should be okay on hardcourt this summer.
Any wins at Wimbledon is fine, her best career win is round 3
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:30 PM   #3737
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Clay courter that does pretty much nothing with the ball. Caro will beat her. She's the sort of player who has probably already booked her return flight to Spain for Monday evening.
lol

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:33 PM   #3738
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

I'm afraid of making any predictions after today but there is no way she can lose this match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:37 PM   #3739
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The problem is Trey is it tends to become easier the second time around. They know they can win the second time around, they have more confidence, them beating you is very much in their memory. Hampton gains a lot of confidence from today's win, she said she threw the first set completely away, yet she still won the match. She'll probably play better if they were to meet at Wimbledon with that mental hurdle out of her mind.
I totally Agree Players seen too be ready when they play her the second time around that something that has too change Caro used too be good at beating player the second time around when she lost too them the first time, The only thing I can say I like about her game lately is her serve it gotta better but she has too improve in other area hopefully this new coach can help her come the end of the year when they start working together. & another thing Caro does lately is let lead slip outta her hand that something as well that has too change she has too focus more but I guess that has too due with her not being as Confidence as well.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:00 PM   #3740
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
I'm afraid of making any predictions after today but there is no way she can lose this match.
Good you didn't then.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:40 PM   #3741
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

The jury is still very much out for me if there is any actual benefit from this new racket. Everyone serves better on grass, it's the surface most in favour of the server. Power wise I didn't notice any real difference, she still looked pretty devoid of power today. Forehand was still massively struggling with depth, backhand still not a major weapon (especially down the line).

It would be more beneficial to see it on a hard court, but seemingly we won't because Yonex are making her a new racket for the USO hard court season.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:46 PM   #3742
country flag Trey

^ I agree I wish there was a way she could get outta her Yonex contact But that still up in the air, As for this new racquet her serve seem too have gotta better I mean I never seen her serve 5-7 ace in a match with Yonex and that one of the main area in her game I said that need improvement I think her FH always going be her weaker side till her get an coach too improve it, I wonder through if she make an deep run at Wimby with this racquet & consider she made the semi here will she really go back too Yonex

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:49 PM   #3743
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ But it's difficult to judge if those aces weren't just simply as it's on grass.

Looking at the FH, I will say there isn't more power. At all. I can go find the point, where she tried 4-5 times from mid court to put it away with her FH and ended losing the point. I will introduce that as Exhibit A.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:57 PM   #3744
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Hampton is an easy player to ace also. She has a very small wingspan, she isn't getting her racket to as many balls. Safarova put 11 aces past her yesterday.

I know the point you are talking about TennisFan66. A lot of that is technical, she doesn't have weight transference into the shot, her swing isn't very smooth.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 07:59 PM   #3745
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think she's playing the style she played at IW. Nothing crazy.
I went back and watched Caro serving 76 *54 30-0. She needed 2 of the next 4 points to win, but lost all 4 to be broken.
No crazy down the line forehands. No rushing the net behind a feeble approach shot.
Caro played to win, but made a forehand error and Hampton attacked successfully when Caro played too safe.

I think she has to go back to what she used to do well, and this week she did that.
But she also has to serve well and play those points well on her serve. She wasnt good enough when it mattered most.
Thats happened a lot, most notabley the loss to Li at AO 2011.
But if she gets back to where she was and serves better, she'll be okay heading to hardcourt

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3746
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I think she's playing the style she played at IW. Nothing crazy.
I went back and watched Caro serving 76 *54 30-0. She needed 2 of the next 4 points to win, but lost all 4 to be broken.
No crazy down the line forehands. No rushing the net behind a feeble approach shot.
Caro played to win, but made a forehand error and Hampton attacked successfully when Caro played too safe.

I think she has to go back to what she used to do well, and this week she did that.
But she also has to serve well and play those points well on her serve. She wasnt good enough when it mattered most.
Thats happened a lot, most notabley the loss to Li at AO 2011.
But if she gets back to where she was and serves better, she'll be okay heading to hardcourt
I said this at the time in live scores, but did you not get a feeling that if Hampton strings it together Caro is in big trouble. The only real time I started feeling confident was when it looked like she would break for 5-2, outside of that she was always in danger of Hampton stringing it together and punishing her. Caro's level for me didn't really change greatly throughout the match, Hampton was up and down like a yoyo, whenever she was up Caro didn't seem to have any answers.

With regards to coming to the net, if Caro is going to come to the net as many times as she did today she really needs to work on her net skills. Literally every volley beyond the most basic put aways you think she is going to brick the volley, and she does on many. She either needs to drive volley those balls instead, or work on her volleys so they are of at least acceptable standard.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:13 PM   #3747
country flag goldenlox

I dont think grass is a good surface for Caro. I know she won eastbourne, but she beat Razzano in the final, Wozniack in the semi.
She's probably playing like IW, but Caro doesnt have the game for grass.
She's not good at the net, she doesnt hit a lot of aggressive groundstrokes and she doesnt serve big,

So she did okay and she has a draw to do okay next week.

But we'll see on hardcourt where she is now. I was disappointed she lost because this title was right in front of her. Just needed to close out a 30-0 service game. And she had 5 bp's for 5-2 that she didnt get either. But overall, it looks like whatever stopped her after IW is over for now.

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 08:36 PM   #3748
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Hampton is an easy player to ace also. She has a very small wingspan, she isn't getting her racket to as many balls. Safarova put 11 aces past her yesterday.

I know the point you are talking about TennisFan66. A lot of that is technical, she doesn't have weight transference into the shot, her swing isn't very smooth.
Even other top 10 players without much power like Aga and Errani can put away short balls. So I don't see much excuse for Caro not being able to do that.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 09:03 PM   #3749
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I said this at the time in live scores, but did you not get a feeling that if Hampton strings it together Caro is in big trouble. The only real time I started feeling confident was when it looked like she would break for 5-2, outside of that she was always in danger of Hampton stringing it together and punishing her. Caro's level for me didn't really change greatly throughout the match, Hampton was up and down like a yoyo, whenever she was up Caro didn't seem to have any answers.

With regards to coming to the net, if Caro is going to come to the net as many times as she did today she really needs to work on her net skills. Literally every volley beyond the most basic put aways you think she is going to brick the volley, and she does on many. She either needs to drive volley those balls instead, or work on her volleys so they are of at least acceptable standard.
Do you think that's due it to being grass? For Caro to have little or no impact on a match against a clearly non-elite player like Hampton is a troubling prospect.

What I wonder is why Caro is coming to the net so often.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 09:13 PM   #3750
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont think grass is a good surface for Caro. I know she won eastbourne, but she beat Razzano in the final, Wozniack in the semi.
She's probably playing like IW, but Caro doesnt have the game for grass.
She's not good at the net, she doesnt hit a lot of aggressive groundstrokes and she doesnt serve big,

So she did okay and she has a draw to do okay next week.

But we'll see on hardcourt where she is now. I was disappointed she lost because this title was right in front of her. Just needed to close out a 30-0 service game. And she had 5 bp's for 5-2 that she didnt get either. But overall, it looks like whatever stopped her after IW is over for now.
Yes I agree, I don't really think grass is a great surface for Caro at all. It's way harder to defend on grass, it's a lot easier to outmanoeuvre a player defending on the grass because you can't change direction as easily. It benefits everyone's shots giving them more pace, combined with the harder movement though this is bad for Caroline. Eastbourne use to be a good indicator in the 80s, but these days it isn't really a great indicator.

I think the biggest loss this week was the confidence she could have gained from winning the title. Caro's confidence is low, winning the title here would have helped with that. Unfortunately a loss like today probably makes things worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Even other top 10 players without much power like Aga and Errani can put away short balls. So I don't see much excuse for Caro not being able to do that.
I am not making excuses, of course Caro should be able to do it, but we know from history she struggles, it isn't the first time we have seen a point like that one.

Neither of those players have flawed technique on one side though. Aga is quite confident at hitting and coming forward thus her weight is going into the shot, Caro isn't confident at doing that at all. Errani is infinitely better at the net than Caroline. This makes a big difference, what these players lack in power, they can hit the shot then if they get a weak response, finish it at the net, Caroline can't really do that.

I wonder how many points Caroline actually won today where she had to hit a volley. The stats say she was 8/17 at the net, which is already poor, but those include points where Hampton was playing poor drop shots. The actual number of points she won where she had to an overhead or volley was a couple probably.
Closed Thread