Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 249 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 05:43 PM   #3721
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Having the finalist from Birmingham potentially in the 2nd round is one of the better draws?

My ideal draw for the 1st two rounds for Caro would have been someone who sucks on grass and is in poor form plus a poor/mediocre serve would be nice.
Because Birmingham is where all the contenders go? Unless you are just trying to fix up the easiest draw possible this one isn't bad. I love Donna Vekic, but Caroline should beat her, and if she doesn't then she doesn't deserve to be in the 3rd round of Wimbledon.

Is the problem not that you are worrying about more and more players as threats to Caroline, which is more of reflection of her vulnerability. Caroline got one of the easiest possible R1s.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 05:51 PM   #3722
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

^ Hi Ozza do U think Caroline can make the 4th round or QF at Wimby this year with her draw ?
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 05:57 PM   #3723
country flag Burisleif

Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute Burisleif has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
A high # of aces doesn't necessarily mean you're serving that well.

If Caro can't find it in herself to take a bit more risk on a surface like grass, then where will she?
She served really well until the wind picked up considerably. Efective width and precise, maybe lacking a little veriety though.

First comes control, then comes risk. She looked to be finding her range much more effectively, and depth without the auditory signs of effort required for the task until very recently.

Baby steps.

Sit on the derision for a while and you can always double up on it later if she hasn't turned cyborg yet.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:04 PM   #3724
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

We might be negative, but Caro has to think positive. Her draw is okay. Nothing tougher than Hampton or Stephens until Sharapova in the quarters.
Its the best 1/16th to be in, with Errani.
But get the first round win.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:06 PM   #3725
country flag MaKiri94
SöderKing 2014

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Who she get in R1? Completely forgot.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3726
country flag Trey

Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future Trey has a brilliant future

^ Estrella Cabeza Candela
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3727
country flag Trey

Have Caroline Ever Played Estrella Cabeza Candela ?
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:12 PM   #3728
country flag MaKiri94
SöderKing 2014

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

No not at all.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:13 PM   #3729
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ Hi Ozza do U think Caroline can make the 4th round or QF at Wimby this year with her draw ?
Of course she can make QF if she plays well, it's not going to be easy, but of course it is possible, it's not like there are some unbeatable grass GOAT's looming. I would like to have seen a Wozniacki vs Errani match up for a long time to see how it looks, unfortunately this is probably the worst major in terms of actually getting to see it, but it's the best grand slam for Caroline to be in Errani's section.

One worrying trend would be that Caroline keeps losing to the same player twice in quick succession with the second loss at a grand slam. You don't want that trend to continue you here if she plays Hampton in R3.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3730
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Kvitova is in Vika's quarter. Think of that draw.
Anyway, Hampton will probably lose round 1 to Stephens, so this semi is huge for her
I think Hampton's got a better grass court game than Stephens so if she isn't too tired then I think she has a good shot at beating Stephens.
It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, ten years after the Earth/Minbari war. The Babylon Project was a dream given form. Its goal: to prevent another war by creating a place where humans and aliens could work out their differences peacefully. It's a port of call, home away from home for diplomats, hustlers, entrepreneurs, and wanderers. Humans and aliens wrapped in two million, five hundred thousand tons of spinning metal, all alone in the night. It can be a dangerous place, but it's our last best hope for peace. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2258. The name of the place is Babylon 5. (Jeffrey Sinclair: Babylon 5: Season 1: Signs and Portents)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:21 PM   #3731
country flag Trey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Of course she can make QF if she plays well, it's not going to be easy, but of course it is possible, it's not like there are some unbeatable grass GOAT's looming. I would like to have seen a Wozniacki vs Errani match up for a long time to see how it looks, unfortunately this is probably the worst major in terms of actually getting to see it, but it's the best grand slam for Caroline to be in Errani's section.

One worrying trend would be that Caroline keeps losing to the same player twice in quick succession with the second loss at a grand slam. You don't want that trend to continue you here if she plays Hampton in R3.
I totally Agree I don't wanna see Caroline lose twice too the same person I would like too see her make a decent run here.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:23 PM   #3732
country flag Trey

Quote:
I think Hampton's got a better grass court game than Stephens so if she isn't too tired then I think she has a good shot at beating Stephens.
Yeah But I would've Count Sloane Out I think Sloane capable of Beating Jamie, Sloane give Sabine a run for her money last year at Wimby so I think I give the edge too Sloane
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:24 PM   #3733
country flag Trey

I have never seen Estrella Cabeza Candela play anyone know her game style
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:25 PM   #3734
country flag ozza

The problem is Trey is it tends to become easier the second time around. They know they can win the second time around, they have more confidence, them beating you is very much in their memory. Hampton gains a lot of confidence from today's win, she said she threw the first set completely away, yet she still won the match. She'll probably play better if they were to meet at Wimbledon with that mental hurdle out of her mind.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:28 PM   #3735
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I have never seen Estrella Cabeza Candela play anyone know her game style
Clay courter that does pretty much nothing with the ball. Caro will beat her. She's the sort of player who has probably already booked her return flight to Spain for Monday evening.
Closed Thread