Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 248 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 02:34 PM   #3706
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetadri06 View Post
Losing to Hampton is no shame. Hampton is a very talented player who hasn't lived up to her potential until these last few weeks. She basically lost to a top 15 player on form (imo) The positives i take from the match is that Caroline's serve was great and she is hitting with more depth which gives her more winners. Her draw is good enough to make the 3rd round which should be tough (Hampton/Stephens/Petkovic)
You say Caroline's serve was good, but still at the end of the day she got broken 8 times out of 16 against an average returner. Maybe the serve wasn't the problem, her game was very bad was more of the problem, but it still doesn't paint a great picture.

Caroline won 3 matches this week for the first time since Indian Wells, in a way though I'd rather see an improvement in her level of her play. She got through playing some very average tennis vs some weak players, but ultimately if this is all she can bring to the table week after week, the only direction she is heading in is down. Of course you have the winning on your bad days is a good thing idea, but the problem for Caroline is, this isn't her bad days, this is her average day, this is how she has played for months. She's not a player just having the occasional off day scraping through, that is her level, long term she will struggle unless her level improves.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 21st, 2013, 02:36 PM   #3707
country flag AlanP

AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all AlanP is a name known to all

She didn't just lose to Jamie which would be no disgrace, she gave it away in the second set. Time and again lately she's been in the driver's seat and just taken her foot off the gas.
AlanP is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 02:38 PM   #3708
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is now won 6, lost 10 vs players outside the top 40 in 2013. A 37.5% winning %.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 02:55 PM   #3709
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caro's serve wasn't a problem (she actualy was serving very good in this tournament), the problem is 2nd, 3rd shot she makes, she is just too passive, she never goes for the lines, she just keeps hitting every ball to the middle of the court!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 03:07 PM   #3710
country flag ozza

Anyway here is the race:

Quote:
1 Williams 6960
2 Sharapova 5790
3 Azarenka 4950
4 Errani 3576
5 Radwanska 2937
6 Li 2800
7 Jankovic 2196
8 Kirilenko 2166
9 Kerber 2122
10 Kvitova 2051
11 Wozniacki 1975
12 Stephens 1897
13 Vinci 1782
14 Kuznetsova 1657
15 Suarez Navarro 1631
16 Ivanovic 1568
Caroline needs at least a R3 minimum out of Wimbledon, and preferably R4+.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 03:23 PM   #3711
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Spots 7 and 8 are up for grabs, fingers crossed for a good run in London. Though it will come down to the results during the summer hardcourt season most likely.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 03:34 PM   #3712
country flag ozza

Caroline will need to log around 2000 points (probably just over) from Wimbledon, Toronto, New Haven, US Open, Tokyo, Beijing, Luxembourg to qualify for Istanbul. Only real event she is likely to add to her schedule is Cincinnati. Just over 2000 points won't be easy from a maximum of 8 events, certainly cannot afford any early exits at the grand slams.
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3713
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

That list is amazing, all because Caro didnt draw into Maria's quarter at IW.
She drew into Vika's quarter & Vika was injured.
Now she still has a YEC chance.
I dont expect much at Wimbledon, but I want to see her fighting on hardcourt.
I liked her fight against Makarova & Hampton this week, but her low level of play makes Caro very beatable in any match
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3714
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

in all honesty (I haven't seen her match today, so I can't judge), but I am not disappointed for that loss...during the week Caro played some nice tennis, finally thought for every point and her serve was much better than in the past weeks, there's a lot to do and for sure we can't expect her to turn around her slump all of a sudden and win Wimbledon now, but she's moving to something better and her confidence and fighting spirit are coming back too.
Ok, today she lost a match where she should have simply closed it out with all the chances she had, but compared to the loss to BoJo in Rome, this time she thought and her opponent is a much better player...look at the the fact that she did better than Aga for example.

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 04:26 PM   #3715
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Pfft lets just forget today ever happened and focus on Wimby that starts on Monday.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM   #3716
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I little Sad about her Lost because I felt she could won the match including the title But Happy she did get a couple wins under her belt also I really hoping she make a deep run at Wimby, But mostly I can't wait till the end season when she be working with her new coach whoever he is and hopefully he can help her improve in the area that need improvement

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:15 PM   #3717
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline Wozniacki Reaction - AEGON International Day Five
http://audioboo.fm/boos/1463068-caro...ional-day-five

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3718
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I think you are just paranoid about draws. I mean you don't get many better draws than this.
Having the finalist from Birmingham potentially in the 2nd round is one of the better draws?

My ideal draw for the 1st two rounds for Caro would have been someone who sucks on grass and is in poor form plus a poor/mediocre serve would be nice.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:40 PM   #3719
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Cant worry about draws in tournaments Caro has no chance to win.
This week, she could have won. She was serving 76 54 30-0 and lost.
But she's done that a lot, including majors.
I've said all along that #1's who dont win majors, they dont hold serve.
That should have always been the main issue, not her forehand.

But overall, she served okay this week. She tried hard, and was close to winning this title.
She has to keep going from here to Wimbledon to hardcourt. Keep moving forward
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 21st, 2013, 06:41 PM   #3720
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Caro's serve wasn't a problem (she actualy was serving very good in this tournament), the problem is 2nd, 3rd shot she makes, she is just too passive, she never goes for the lines, she just keeps hitting every ball to the middle of the court!
A high # of aces doesn't necessarily mean you're serving that well.

If Caro can't find it in herself to take a bit more risk on a surface like grass, then where will she?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread