Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 245 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:13 PM   #3661
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Why all this lying then??
I don't understand. Who is lying ... ?

She is playing with a blackened out racket. She is 'trying something out'.

They haven't claimed the black racket is a Yonex.

Yonex is building a new racket for her. It will be ready for US HC.

That Yonex is removing Caro from players, playing with a Yonex for Wimbledon, should be fairly obviously. It's BLACK ... with no logo nor company mark.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:20 PM   #3662
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Will they actually get the racket right for the US hard court season is the question. It's pretty vague what is going on really. I mean its taken 2 and a half years to get to this, seems ludicrous on the face of it. They are under big pressure to get the racket right, or they are going to look even worse than they already do.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:29 PM   #3663
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

My point is that she is now been dropped from the sponsor list and to me that sounds like they have a very low opinion of her, to be honest she should drop off anyway and go back to Babolat. And if you look carefully at the vibration dampener on the racket (the pink thing) I swear I saw a Yonex logo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #3664
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

What I liked about this match was the fight. Caro was down a set, and Caro focused.
Makarova got back on serve after Caro had 3 points for 5-2 in the 3rd. Caro kept her focus & kept fighting.
I think the Babolat probably is better for her. So if Yonex cant duplicate it, she'll probably switch.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 08:54 PM   #3665
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Really pleased to see the scores and that Caro won today. WD Caro. Now make it to the final. I think Jamie will be really hard to win against though. I see Caro lost the 1st set today. Aga lost the 1st set against Jamie on Tuesday and I didn't see that because I was on CC watching Laura. But after that was over there was a crowd of us trying to see what was happening on court 1. And Jamie closed the door and just didn't give Aga a sniff of a chance to get it back in the 2nd set. I don't think you can rely on Jamie dropping her level.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #3666
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
What I liked about this match was the fight. Caro was down a set, and Caro focused.
Makarova got back on serve after Caro had 3 points for 5-2 in the 3rd. Caro kept her focus & kept fighting.
I think the Babolat probably is better for her. So if Yonex cant duplicate it, she'll probably switch.
Agree about the fight, liked how focused she was through the whole match!
About the racket, I always thought that was a bad idea to switch to Yonex, never liked their rackets!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:03 PM   #3667
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Will they actually get the racket right for the US hard court season is the question. It's pretty vague what is going on really. I mean its taken 2 and a half years to get to this, seems ludicrous on the face of it. They are under big pressure to get the racket right, or they are going to look even worse than they already do.
Imagine this : Caro has a pretty decent Eastbourne and Wimbledon with the black avenger.

In US HC season, she plays with a new Yonex, but plays like .... [insert 'not brilliant' word] ...

Will she then go back to Black Avenger for the Asian swing? ...

But agree, it is such a strange situation. Results would back the Yonex was fine 1H 2011. Few players ever have had success like Caro had from AO SF and MP for F 2011 up to and incl US SF 2011.

But then, maybe, the desired change in playing style, exposed the Yonex as not so well suited. As a contributing factor ... results have tanked ...

22 month later, is now.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:16 PM   #3668
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Imagine this : Caro has a pretty decent Eastbourne and Wimbledon with the black avenger.

In US HC season, she plays with a new Yonex, but plays like .... [insert 'not brilliant' word] ...

But agree, it is such a strange situation. Results would back the Yonex was fine 1H 2011. Few players ever have had success like Caro had from AO SF and MP for F 2011 up to and incl US SF 2011.

But then, maybe, the desired change in playing style, exposed the Yonex as not so well suited. As a contributing factor ... results have tanked ...

22 month later, is now.
Mmm, that is slightly revisionist. Her results from the Australian Open through to Brussels were fantastic. However, if you take the US Open semi out her results from the French Open till the end of the year were quite patchy, particularly at the "big" events. Third round at the French Open, fourth round at Wimbledon, opening match losses in Cincinnati and Toronto, third round in Tokyo, quarters in Beijing and 1-2 at the championships. That is seven "big" events where she never made a final. Clearly by the second half of 2011 her results were declining.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:24 PM   #3669
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
this! and she clearly had in mind what to do and sticked to that, instead of trying silly things or being confused out there. She was quite passive at times, but her defence looked quite like the one of the days of the danish wall at times and her BH like in Laura's match was very strong too.

As for tomorrow's match it will be different, because Jamie has a good variety and usually is a really "squared" player, meaning that she does everything well and you've got to be better than her to win. Let's see how she copes with that...in any case, it's been a good week so far

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:26 PM   #3670
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

22 month later, is now.
Whatever happens - I want Caro to be single minded about critically working out what racket suits her best to win matches and not be distracted from getting to play with that racket. Trying to please Yonex or whoever and talk of playing with a "frying pan" - no, no, no. She needs to single-mindedly think of herself on this.

It happens in all sports - just thinking of F1 which I've followed. How Senna and Prost and all top drivers through the ages would be ruthless to get to the best team with the best car.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:27 PM   #3671
country flag TennisFan66

@DIAH ^ You forgot to incl New Haven (W) and when I say up to and incl, then why are you talking about Tokyo and Beijing and YEC? ... Those 3 latter tournaments are obviously post USO.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 09:44 PM   #3672
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by terjw View Post
Whatever happens - I want Caro to be single minded about critically working out what racket suits her best to win matches and not be distracted from getting to play with that racket. Trying to please Yonex or whoever and talk of playing with a "frying pan" - no, no, no. She needs to single-mindedly think of herself on this.

It happens in all sports - just thinking of F1 which I've followed. How Senna and Prost and all top drivers through the ages would be ruthless to get to the best team with the best car.
There is a slight difference though. Those drivers have leverage, if you are in demand a team will always buy you out of your contract. If Yonex can't sort it out, but won't release Caro, what can she really do? No company is going to buy Caro out of her contract. Caro is much more of a slave to Yonex, unless she's willing to spend many millions on buying out of her contract.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:01 PM   #3673
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
There is a slight difference though. Those drivers have leverage, if you are in demand a team will always buy you out of your contract. If Yonex can't sort it out, but won't release Caro, what can she really do? No company is going to buy Caro out of her contract. Caro is much more of a slave to Yonex, unless she's willing to spend many millions on buying out of her contract.
Money shouldnt matter compared to winning titles.
I didnt think her level today was anything special, but she fought and didnt let up. That was missing.
In the old days, I would see Hampton, then Vesnina/Wickmayer, and think Caro has an easy road to another title.
Now, nothing surprises me. Caro had some awful losses the last 2 years. Lost here to Mchale, who's probably worse than Hampton.
But if she fights more with a Babolat, its worth the money to break the Yonex contract

Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:45 PM   #3674
country flag ozza

Quote:
Money shouldnt matter compared to winning titles.
I didnt think her level today was anything special, but she fought and didnt let up. That was missing.
In the old days, I would see Hampton, then Vesnina/Wickmayer, and think Caro has an easy road to another title.
Now, nothing surprises me. Caro had some awful losses the last 2 years. Lost here to Mchale, who's probably worse than Hampton.
But if she fights more with a Babolat, its worth the money to break the Yonex contract
It probably isn't that easy to forego millions whoever you are, even if you are someone of Caroline's wealth, and we really don't have any idea how much it would cost. If you believe those figures in the Danish media the other day, then it would cost 8 figures, and lets face it there is not a chance of Caro paying that much. This is all conjecture though, I'm personally of the belief that if her contract is as crazy as that Yonex would be more than willing for a mutual release.

With regards to Hampton, this is a tough match, unlike Makarova who I hadn't seen before playing Caro, I have seen Hampton, and I'd have to say she's been more impressive than Caro has so far. Safarova should have beaten her today, but the overall standard in that match was reasonably high, whereas I don't think the standard has been high in any of Caro's matches. Hampton doesn't have a great serve, Caro needs to serve well herself, because she should be getting chances on Hampton's serve.
Old Jun 20th, 2013, 10:54 PM   #3675
country flag goldenlox

Like most players, Hampton can hit some good shots. Caroline has to stay focused and keep her head in the match. thats become very hard for her.
Caro won around 40 semis in her career, but only 1 this year. So nothing is for sure anymore

Closed Thread