Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 241 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:55 PM   #3601
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

I dont know why the people around Caroline were so receptive to her changing her style.
Nobody that level does major changes to the foundation of a #1 game. What happened was a real possibility.
You mess around with the foundation of your game, there's a chance the whole building comes down. Thats what happened.

Now she has to rebuild. Really from scratch, since she only won one match in over 3 months.
The rebuild is usually harder than the original build
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:02 PM   #3602
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ TJ her Old coach used too say it alot when he was coaching her
Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Yep and so has a number of Danish journalists ( Haahr Rasmussen and Troels Christensen .. )
Thanks guys.

There's a big difference between the fairly relaxed, relatively stress-free conditions of practice and the tensions of an actual match. If another racquet makes it easier hit to those harder shots in actual matches, then why not change to it (besides contractual issues)?

Caro doesn't seem to have been that comfortable with her Yonex racquet given all the adjusting of her strings.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:06 PM   #3603
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont know why the people around Caroline were so receptive to her changing her style.
Nobody that level does major changes to the foundation of a #1 game. What happened was a real possibility.
You mess around with the foundation of your game, there's a chance the whole building comes down. Thats what happened.

Now she has to rebuild. Really from scratch, since she only won one match in over 3 months.
True but her old gamestyle would not be enough too hang with the top players today, TOday Top Player have improve and Caroline still haven't look how much Aga has improve over the years & she was even having odd lost here and there in 2011 & she was playing at her best so something has too change or improve IMo her serve needed to most work, but now it her serve & backhand which was her bread & Butter but overall caroline need too find an balance of defense to Offensive kinda like Kim & Andy Murray does, she going have too go for her shot because she not going win every match waiting on an error

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #3604
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

I think this may be an instance of Piotr's lack of prior coaching experience hurting Caro.

I also think Caro was suffering from burnout to a certain extent due to playing so many tournaments and often going deep in them as well her grinding style of game. Given that, I think Caro wanted or at least was very receptive to a big change in things.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #3605
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

She probably overplayed before the 2011 French Open. But the people around her might have panicked when Kvitova won Wimbledon.
Maybe they thought that is the ONLY style you can play.
Nobody was telling Azarenka she had to switch to serve & volley. You dont make changes that undermine what a player does well.
Its almost like they deserve this mess.
To come back to the elite will really test Caroline's mental toughness & determination. So far she's not testing well.

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 09:47 PM   #3606
country flag rucolo

rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute rucolo has a reputation beyond repute

Pathetic loss at French Open to Jovanovski !

Eastbourne R1 vs slumper Paszek. Caroline should win easily

Good Luck
Serena Williams Maria Sharapova Jelena Jankovic
A. Radwanska V. Zvonareva C. Wozniacki N. Petrova M. Hingis
T. Paszek A. Chakvetadze K. Sprem J. Dokic I. Tulyaganova A. Myskina
GNTM 2014 ist Stefanie !
rucolo is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:13 AM   #3607
country flag Protoss

Quote:
That was the beginning of the end. When Caro & her team decided that hitting hard and making a lot more unforced errors was the way to play.
But its almost 2 years since she was blowing a 5-1 lead to lose in 2 sets to Vinci, then lose in 2 sets to Mchale.
Thats enough time to correct what Caro was doing wrong, if its correctable
Back in the summer of 2009, Caro led 5-2 1st set (double break) against Zheng but lost the set 7-5 and proceeded to fall behind 4-0 in the 2nd set before losing it 6-4. Previously that summer she had lost 7-6 in the 3rd set to Cirstea and lost 6-2 6-1 to Elena D (I'm kind of surprised that this match doesn't really pop up in discussions of worst matches).

I think a lot of the blame for Caro's problems over the past roughly two years lies in confusion within her team.
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 04:18 AM   #3608
country flag Protoss

Something I've been wondering about is why is Caro testing out a different racquet shortly before Wimbledon. Why not wait til after Wimbledon when there'll be a lot more time to get used to it?
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #3609
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think this may be an instance of Piotr's lack of prior coaching experience hurting Caro.

I also think Caro was suffering from burnout to a certain extent due to playing so many tournaments and often going deep in them as well her grinding style of game. Given that, I think Caro wanted or at least was very receptive to a big change in things.
Some plausible scenarios here.Though Caro shares much of the blame, probably the majority, for the style change, a more seasoned coach would've washed his hands of such an extreme change and wouldn't have encouraged it. In fact, that brief ugly relationship is sort of a black mark on Sanchez's resume'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 08:57 AM   #3610
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Something I've been wondering about is why is Caro testing out a different racquet shortly before Wimbledon. Why not wait til after Wimbledon when there'll be a lot more time to get used to it?
Yes, the argument to wait would be, that there are 4 weeks (?) break between SW19 and US HC season starts, so she should use this this break to try the Babolat.

I haven't seen any specific explanation, why she's not waiting ... maybe it's about ripping off the bandage, instead of prolonging and ... it puts added pressure on Yonex to deliver, even one must assume, she's in dialog and a black racket is within the conditions of her contract.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Jun 18th, 2013 at 09:07 AM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:12 AM   #3611
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

The most recent article posted by Trey says that Yonex is working on a new custom build racket for Caro to use during the US HC season. She'll use the 'black' racket only for now (grass season). So she'll probably be working with the new Yonex during the summer as prep for HC season.

All according to Ekstra Bladet (who've spoken with Piotr). I know the Woz camp has talked about a new racket, but I'm not sure whether it is this new Yonex, they've been talking about. I always thought they were going to switch to another brand (Babolat)?
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #3612
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ Yonex can obviously just build her a Babolat .. but there are likely some copyright restrictions to, how close to a Babolat, Yonex is legally allowed to venture.

It will certainly be interesting to see, what the new Yonex will be like.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 10:43 AM   #3613
country flag goldenlox

Nike is working with Rory, trying to get his clubs as close to what he used to have as possible.

It never made sense that Caroline compared her racket to a frying pan.
Racket, balls and sneakers are the only equipment tennis players use. Why would you want your opponents to have better equipment than you have?
Never made sense. But a racket change isnt a cure-all. Not for a player who only won one single match since early April

Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:06 AM   #3614
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

So it has taken over 2 years for Caroline to get Yonex to custom build a racket to her needs?
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 18th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #3615
country flag Protoss

Awful draw for Caro.

Good luck Caro.
Closed Thread