Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 240 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:54 AM   #3586
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Are all the other R1 matches Tuesday? If so, some major names are going to get shafted in Tuesday's OOP. You've got Radwanska, Li, Kerber, Caro, Petrova (vs Stosur). Robson for sure is on centre court even vs a qualifier given BBC are televising the event. Then you have the other Brits as well. All that has to fit into 4 or 5 TV matches I think, by no means any guarantee Caro's match gets chosen, albeit Paszek being reigning champion might benefit her.
There are two Wta singles matches involving seeded players on monday: Ivanovic vs Vesnina and Kiri vs Jovanovski. Pennetta and Bartoli play as well.

How many courts are covered by tv or live streams?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:45 AM   #3587
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I wonder when she will reveal what the new racquet she training with ? nine time outta ten an commentator will speak upon it

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:25 AM   #3588
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
There are two Wta singles matches involving seeded players on monday: Ivanovic vs Vesnina and Kiri vs Jovanovski. Pennetta and Bartoli play as well.

According to one of the streaming sites they are sending from 2 courts. Shown today are - with appr. times and the possibility of bad weather, so matches fall out - the same goes for Hertogenbosch (also 2 courts) - times are CET:

12:00 Ivanovic - Vesnina (WTA Eastbourne)
12:00 Bartoli - Pennetta (WTA Eastbourne)
13:30 Lepchenko - Watson (WTA Eastbourne)
16:30 Kirilenko - Jovanovski (WTA Eastbourne)
18:00 Petrova / Srebotnik - Raymond / Robson (WTA Eastbourne)

12:30 Cibulkova - Dominguez Lino (WTA Hertogenbosch)
12:30 Suarez Navarro - Larsson (WTA Hertogenbosch)
16:30 Rybarikova - Rus (WTA Hertogenbosch)

Last edited by Hoergren : Jun 17th, 2013 at 05:35 AM.
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #3589
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Are all the other R1 matches Tuesday? If so, some major names are going to get shafted in Tuesday's OOP. You've got Radwanska, Li, Kerber, Caro, Petrova (vs Stosur). Robson for sure is on centre court even vs a qualifier given BBC are televising the event. Then you have the other Brits as well. All that has to fit into 4 or 5 TV matches I think, by no means any guarantee Caro's match gets chosen, albeit Paszek being reigning champion might benefit her.
The possibility of Caro's match on one of the tv courts are quite big as they (the tournament) see Caro-Paszek as the biggist match in 1rd - here from the alternate Eastbourne tennis site:

http://eastbournetennis.wordpress.co...3-ladies-draw/

"Wozniacki faces Paszek in arguably the tie of the opening Round, with a 2nd Round clash against either British no1 Laura Robson or a qualifier on offer for the winner. Wozniacki fell in the 1st Round at last year’s Wimbledon to Paszek, who was riding on a crest of the wave with seven victories at Eastbourne to surprisingly pick up the crown."
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 05:43 AM   #3590
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Can remember when Seles was given a saved ranking based more on the player she USED to be than the player who she actually was at that time.The situations here aren't the same at all, and yet it almost feels to me, sometimes, that Caroline has such a saved ranking that doesn't reflect who she currently is. I realize that that's sort of illusory but can't help feeling that way on occasion

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

JUSTICIA PARA LAS NORMALISTAS!! Pena de muerte para todos los narcos en Mexico!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 07:58 AM   #3591
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post

As Hoergren pointed out there are 2 TV courts. The problem stems from Eastbourne being a joint event, so you still might only get 4 singles matches a day. If they start putting stuff like Baltacha on a TV court tomorrow, I can already smell the complaints in GM. I dread to think the mess it will turn into if it rains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
The possibility of Caro's match on one of the tv courts are quite big as they (the tournament) see Caro-Paszek as the biggest match in 1rd - here from the alternate Eastbourne tennis site:

http://eastbournetennis.wordpress.co...3-ladies-draw/

"Wozniacki faces Paszek in arguably the tie of the opening Round, with a 2nd Round clash against either British no1 Laura Robson or a qualifier on offer for the winner. Wozniacki fell in the 1st Round at last year’s Wimbledon to Paszek, who was riding on a crest of the wave with seven victories at Eastbourne to surprisingly pick up the crown."
Yes I am around 80% sure Caro vs Paszek will be the other match on centre court. Outside of Robson, Caro is actually the biggest name on the entry list in the UK.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 09:55 AM   #3592
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I wonder when she will reveal what the new racquet she training with ? nine time outta ten an commentator will speak upon it
I wouldn't expect any deep insights from the commentators. Maybe it is just the ones that I hear but they seem to be reading from a script circa 2010/2011 regarding Caroline and her game. Typically you just hear the same rehashed comments ("best defender in the game," "makes you work for every point," "great mental toughness"). None of those have been true for well over a year but they keep being parroted endlessly.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3593
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Remember how many times we're heard about, how hard Caro hits the ball in practice?

Juuuuuust a matter of turning practice into match play. Well, she's may now going back to Babolat .. with which she did hit harder. Smaller sweet spot, but more powerful (as explained in some of the articles in the articles thread).

So all those stories about how she hit the cover off the ball in practice, were just porkies?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 02:42 PM   #3594
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Remember how many times we're heard about, how hard Caro hits the ball in practice?

So all those stories about how she hit the cover off the ball in practice, were just porkies?
That was the beginning of the end. When Caro & her team decided that hitting hard and making a lot more unforced errors was the way to play.
But its almost 2 years since she was blowing a 5-1 lead to lose in 2 sets to Vinci, then lose in 2 sets to Mchale.
Thats enough time to correct what Caro was doing wrong, if its correctable
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:03 PM   #3595
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Is that considered insulting, at all, in tennis lingo when commentators claim that Caroline hit well in practice? If it were one of the various team sports that I follow, such a comment might get made once or twice--after which it would get tiresome and never get mentioned again......It would just be assumed that said athlete lacked the poise, or whatever quality, to reproduce good results in actual games/matches

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #3596
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

^ and ^^ ... The point I (unsuccessfully lol) was trying to make was, if you hit it hard & superbly in practice, and it's true, you 'just' need to turn practice into match play. You don't need a new racket.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #3597
country flag bruce goose

Well, since you posted it verbatim, it didn't require any deduction. I, however, had a somewhat DIFFERENT point......which was that it's a little insulting to refer to Caroline as a good 'practice player', IMO. It sort of suggests that she's too mentally weak to reproduce those results under match-play pressure. It's almost like saying that someone's a good poker player when he's just playing the hands for fun...with no money at stake

Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:17 PM   #3598
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

Juuuuuust a matter of turning practice into match play. Well, she's may now going back to Babolat .. with which she did hit harder. Smaller sweet spot, but more powerful (as explained in some of the articles in the articles thread).

I don't recall reading any reports from Caro's practices about Caro hitting the ball that hard in practice other than claims by Team Wozniacki. I also don't recall seeing any video of Caro hitting the ball like that. To the best of my knowledge those claims have never been repeated/verified by outsiders.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #3599
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ TJ her Old coach used too say it alot when he was coaching her

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 17th, 2013, 04:42 PM   #3600
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
^ TJ her Old coach used too say it alot when he was coaching her
Yep and so has a number of Danish journalists ( Haahr Rasmussen and Troels Christensen .. )

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Closed Thread