Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 239 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #3571
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
If Caro were in decent to solid form, then I'd say she's maybe ranked 15 to 20 on grass.

I think if Paszek isn't top 10 on grass, then she's pretty close to it.

Should Caro have beaten Lisicki in 2009 at Wimbledon, Kvitova in 2010 at Wimbledon?

If Caro had drawn Kuznetsova during the clay court season, would you have said that Caro has to win that match?
No but Lisicki and Kvitova are on a different level of grass court prowess imo than Paszek who I think is a little bit overrated on grass. The Kvitova one is using a lot of hindsight too, given Caro was expected to win that match going into it.

I probably wouldn't have expected Caroline to win, but that's more a reflection of Caroline than Kuznetsova who imo is well past her best.

The thing is if we're saying Caro is nowhere near the top 10 on clay or grass, and she's not in the top 5 on hard court either then maybe she doesn't belong in the top 10. She's got to improve somewhere, otherwise the only direction she is heading is out of the top 10.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #3572
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Caro was more than capable of defeating Lisicki in 2009 though.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #3573
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Paszek nowhere near top 10 on grass not get me wrong it her best surface best but she not top 10. Top 10 player on grass IMO is Venus, Serena, Agnieszka, Lisicki, Kvitova, Maria & Vika, I wouldn't put Vera Z. in it but she currently not playing due to Injury. Paszek to me is like Pironkova an drakhouse who can cause an upset here & There. But anyway Caroline should win this consider the slump Paszek don't get me wrong caroline in an slump as well but I don't think it as worst as hers.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:19 PM   #3574
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
Caro was more than capable of defeating Lisicki in 2009 though.
True, I just looked up how the matches were priced up. Wozniacki was 1.5 (1/2) to beat Lisicki and 1.28 (2/7) to beat Kvitova so she was favoured to win both matches (and heavily favoured to beat Kvitova).

The oddsmakers also rank Paszek around 30th on this surface. In comparison Caro is ranked approximately 18th, so Caro will be favoured to win.

Last edited by ozza : Jun 15th, 2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3575
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

When I saw the draw I thought that sucks I mean why Paszek first?? Defending champ who beat her at Wimbledon last so it's very dangerous and then Kerber potentially in round 3 or Quarters forgot how it works but she cannot afford another early exit it will just be to hard to bear. And she needs to get back on track, only one win on clay so lets hope she has great grass season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecig View Post
And people said this is better that WTA jajaja, any WTa match is better than this clown
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMnadal View Post
lol, most WTA matches end in 6-0 6-1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafaspin View Post
You are jar jar binks.
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 15th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #3576
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Still practicing with blacked out racket!

TomCallaghan_
@CaroWozniacki Practicing in the sun #Eastbourne pic.twitter.com/cc9k0urjsL

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 04:27 AM   #3577
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
Still practicing with blacked out racket!
There might not be anyone here who shares my sense of humor on this(and it's a moot point cuz Caro's too sweet to ever do this), but I'd just love it if she wore a T-shirt at this practice which read--in either Danish or Polish: 'You wanna know which racquet I'm using here? GO F--K YOURSELF!'

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #3578
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

After this clay season, she needs something different.
I thought last year on clay was bad, but this clay season Caro only won 1 match since she caddied before The Masters. That was early April, now its mid-June
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:22 PM   #3579
country flag kestrel01

kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold kestrel01 is a splendid one to behold

This to me looks like a Babolat. More rounded shape, and 3 small knobs visible at the outside of the frame below the dampener
kestrel01 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #3580
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

her ankle is still heavily taped anw

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 06:43 PM   #3581
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
Caroline should rest after Wimbledon. She needs to be healthy for hardcourt summer.
She never plays anymore. Its like 1 match every week or 2. If she's injured, its probably during practice sessions.
Her practice sessions seem to be making her worse, or not slowing down the negative downturn.

They should be examining everything they do in practice. The goal of a practice is to improve. Its not a punishment like hard labor by convicts. Its about improving - the only reason to have practice is to improve
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 06:53 PM   #3582
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitten Kitten View Post
Isn't it just a precaution?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 07:28 PM   #3583
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel01 View Post

This to me looks like a Babolat. More rounded shape, and 3 small knobs visible at the outside of the frame below the dampener
Would like to honor Chrissie(Caro)-fan's memory by saying what ELSE this looks like, but no description is needed,really

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:29 PM   #3584
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

No Caro on Monday's OOP.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 16th, 2013, 11:39 PM   #3585
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
No Caro on Monday's OOP.
Are all the other R1 matches Tuesday? If so, some major names are going to get shafted in Tuesday's OOP. You've got Radwanska, Li, Kerber, Caro, Petrova (vs Stosur). Robson for sure is on centre court even vs a qualifier given BBC are televising the event. Then you have the other Brits as well. All that has to fit into 4 or 5 TV matches I think, by no means any guarantee Caro's match gets chosen, albeit Paszek being reigning champion might benefit her.
Closed Thread