Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 236 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 08:32 AM   #3526
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

^ Agree. Which is also why, unfortunately, Michael Mortensen is not a candidate for full time coach for Karolina.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:51 AM   #3527
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Yes and back in 2011 she enjoyed slugging it out against players who took her to 3, I want that caro back!!
That Caro looks gone. I think we have to be satisfied she's #9, but when she only has 3 match wins in her last 7 tournaments, I dont know if she stays in the top 10.
Jankovic & Ivanovic didnt stay in the top 10 and Caroline is going through the same kind of post #1 freefall.
She's a different player. Not as steady, not a good fighter
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3528
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
This is quite interesting. Caroline was once known as Miss Sunshine. She was happy on court. She was friendly towards her opponents. I liked that! She could play a final against Vesnina and go to a dinner with her afterwards (winner pays!).

Former players working as commentators (Evert, Davenport, Fernandez, I don't exactly remember which ones) weren't too happy: Players shouldn't get along like that! It was not right! Still, Caro could go on holiday with Aga, Ula, and Angie, or she could meet up with Vika at the weirdest places. Yet she rose to no. 1 in the world in spite of the camaraderie. Vika did too.

Players are different. Björn Borg and John McEnroe had very different personalities. Caro and Serena also have different personalities. Serena's attitude works very well for her, and there's nothing wrong with that. But I want Caro to be like Caro. There's nothing wrong with that either. I wish Caro would show us more of the happy smiling Caro from a few years ago.

But she certainly seems to have lost a lot of motivation. I would look foolish if I tried to deny that. Whenever I open a livescore thread here (which isn't very often though) I see comments like "she doesn't want to be on the court", "she's not even trying", "she just want to get out of there". I actually agree.

But I'm sure losing still hurts. It's just too complicated at the moment. There are too many hurdles. And don't forget: There are hundreds of players out there, and they're all working just as hard as Caro, and they all want to be the best. Losing 5 matches in a row is pretty awful. Staying at #9 is quite good though. And I'm sure there's more to come. Much more.
Agree with all of this except for the part which claims that all players are working equally hard.Some of them only maintain the bare minimum of fitness to appear halfway credible, and that explains why they look totally winded even after one set,sometimes.To add support to this, I've read accounts from some low-caliber boxers whose primary role is to serve as easy opponents for young, up-and-coming fighters.Some of them admit that they purposely don't train very hard because they don't WANT to have good stamina...as that would mean longer fights and more physical punishment.

As for Caro, I don't wanna see her grow content with mediocrity but,like you,I think it's quite sad that we don't get much of her Sunshine persona on court any more

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #3529
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

I can't believe Caro's parents are using her trophies as flower vases. It's dissapointing that her trophies aren't valued more. Couldn't they just buy some flower vases instead?
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 07:08 PM   #3530
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's better that they use them, what's the point of having them gathering dust in a cabinet.
Plus flowers are beautiful, it's a nice combination!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 07:21 PM   #3531
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

anyone know when the MD come out for Aegon International ? I hope she get an nice draw and can at least make the QF or SF looking at the player that playing there alot dangerous floater

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 07:36 PM   #3532
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
anyone know when the MD come out for Aegon International ? I hope she get an nice draw and can at least make the QF or SF looking at the player that playing there alot dangerous floater
Tomorrow at midday local time.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #3533
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Trying out a new racket?

There was a brief clip from her today's practice in Eastbourne on local BBC!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

Last edited by CWTennis : Jun 14th, 2013 at 09:36 PM.
CWTennis is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 09:37 PM   #3534
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like it. When you black out a racket like that it normally means you are trying to hide its identity.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:08 PM   #3535
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting. At least its a sign that losing 8 of 11 matches is being treated seriously
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:09 PM   #3536
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

finally I am sure that will do great to her, mostly for the mental side of it

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:14 PM   #3537
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I can't believe Caro's parents are using her trophies as flower vases. It's dissapointing that her trophies aren't valued more. Couldn't they just buy some flower vases instead?
I think those vases may be from ITF titles.
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:25 PM   #3538
country flag CloudAtlas
Lamenting the days of peak SEWTA

CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute CloudAtlas has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicolás89 View Post
I think those vases may be from ITF titles.

I dunno, pretty sure one of them is her Charleston trophy
Old Jun 14th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #3539
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudAtlas View Post
I dunno, pretty sure one of them is her Charleston trophy
Yes, I think you're right.

Old Jun 15th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #3540
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Looks like it. When you black out a racket like that it normally means you are trying to hide its identity.
It must be an Different brand or company racket I will think for it too be black because she doesn't have too do that to play with an different Yonex I will think Huh ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread