Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 234 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 01:04 AM   #3496
country flag Nicolás89

Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute Nicolás89 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Contrary to popular belief and Caro's record, she usually plays really well on grass, I'm confident she will do fine this grass season, it will all depend on her serve really though.
Advertisement

Old Jun 13th, 2013, 04:28 AM   #3497
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is featured in the latest Dubai Duty Free vid from the big Dubai water park.She chose to wear rather conservative bottoms that didn't fully display her lovely legs and backside, and she appeared to enjoy herself at the park

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 07:00 AM   #3498
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU90 View Post
Thanks for your optimism, guys. At the end of the day, it's just tennis. But you know how it is. If you don't win Grand Slams in tennis, you are nothing. It's very short-sighted, unfortunately. If Caro finishes today and never played another match, I feel her legacy will be tarnished. She'll be thought of in the same category as Jankovic and Safina, and I always felt she's better than them. Taking a pessimistic view of Caro's tweet, she may be satisfied with where she is.
That's a possible interpretation. I agree. But we don't know the context of that "Life is good" tweet. What if she was pregnant? I don't think she is, though, but that's not important. What's bothering me is that all of her statements always seems to be interpreted in the most pessimistic ways. No need to, because life really is good
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 07:53 AM   #3499
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
She probably over played and wore herself out.
That's probably one of the reasons to her current slump. Now, some of you may stress the fact that she doesn't play that much since she's losing in the 1st round all the time. But evidence suggests that there's a long term cumulative effect of playing a lot.

Yesterday I wrote a post about Long Term Athlete Development (LTAD), a training approach which is being implemented in Danish tennis these days. LTAD can be used in any sport and is being increasingly used as the main appoach to training all over the world (in Britain, for instance).

One of the theories of LTAD is that you'll have a shorter career if you've played extensively during your junior years and peaked at an early age. It's considered much more healthy to slowly build your career during a timespan of perhaps 10 years or so. The idea that Caro has worn herself out is probably true according to LTAD. There's much more to it though, and we can't really say anything without knowing the total amount and which kind of training she's been doing. And there's obviously a lot of individual variety. She could still have a great career until she's 30 or more. But statistical evidence suggests that a heavy junior schedule will give you a short career, possibly shortened by injuries or burnout, like Vaidisova or Pivovarova. My post on LTAD is in Danish (sorry, too hard to translate).
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 08:07 AM   #3500
country flag angliru

You all have your own theories about her slump. It's Rory, it's her racket, it's Piotr, it's WTA, it's lack of motivation, it's her sponsors, it's her schedule, it's the change of her game, her forehand, too much training, not enough training and so on.

The truth is probably that it is a combination of all these thing and many more, like her competitors have become better while she has stagnated, and her competitors have become more motivated (beating a #1 or former #1 is always a highlight on a cv)! It must be a really complex issue and not just a simple thing. I don't know more than anyone else here, but it must be like that: A really complicated mixture of issues. Otherwise it would have been fixed a long time ago - probably already in 2011!
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 10:03 AM   #3501
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
You all have your own theories about her slump. It's Rory, it's her racket, it's Piotr, it's WTA, it's lack of motivation, it's her sponsors, it's her schedule, it's the change of her game, her forehand, too much training, not enough training and so on.

The truth is probably that it is a combination of all these thing and many more, like her competitors have become better while she has stagnated, and her competitors have become more motivated (beating a #1 or former #1 is always a highlight on a cv)! It must be a really complex issue and not just a simple thing. I don't know more than anyone else here, but it must be like that: A really complicated mixture of issues. Otherwise it would have been fixed a long time ago - probably already in 2011!
It doesnt matter whether its a combination of things or if she just cant play at that level anymore.
Sports are result oriented, and her results are way below where they were.

She and her team have different issues than trying to win a major.
Trying to win a major is part of the reason she is where she's at now.

Its important for the people around Caro to not live in some fantasy world where she's close to being at the top again.

She has to start winning matches again. I think winning matches is a serious problem that might be unsolvable, at least by the people who have been around her while she's sunk to this situation
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM   #3502
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Elina Svitolina ‏@ElinaSvitolina
Eastbourne..wind is 32 mph (51 kmh) what a place

The usual conditions for Eastbourne then . A shame really, Eastbourne would be a great tournament if it wasn't on the coast.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 11:36 AM   #3503
country flag angliru

Quote:

Its important for the people around Caro to not live in some fantasy world where she's close to being at the top again.
I don't think trying to win a major is a bigger part of the reason than any of the other things I've listed above. I'm not even sure they're really thinking about slams when she's lost R1 or R2 at three out of the last four?

But we tend to forget that Caro was an IW runner up only three months ago. That's still quite an achievement and should historically be a good benchmark for grand slam potential (although the lack of WS deflates the event to some extent). I just had a look at the list of IW finalist through all times: of the 50 finalists since 1989, 32 have won grand slams; and 49 of the 50 IW finalists have reached at least a SF at a slam!

Caro is ranked no. 9 at the moment, so while she's lost her consistency, she's still more consistent over a year than those ranked immediately below her. Either that or more likely: she's still perfoming at a higher peak level than those below her (over the past 52 weeks, obviously)!
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:05 PM   #3504
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
It doesnt matter whether its a combination of things or if she just cant play at that level anymore.
Sports are result oriented, and her results are way below where they were.

She and her team have different issues than trying to win a major.

She has to start winning matches again. I think winning matches is a serious problem that might be unsolvable, at least by the people who have been around her while she's sunk to this situation

2 me that should be one of caro main goal even if she isn't playing good is too win an major, also i think her team need too try and work on improving some area of her game till the new coach come

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:12 PM   #3505
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I thought she had a chance at a great career. Now I dont know. But IW 2013 had no Serena, Vika withdrew, Maria beat Caro decisively when they played.
I'm not sure that level will be good at a major. Since then her level is far below a slam contender.

I think Caroline has to do a lot of improving. Just to get anywhere near the level she used to play at.
Most players in this era improve after 21. Caroline is going in the wrong direction
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 12:20 PM   #3506
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought she had a chance at a great career. Now I dont know. But IW 2013 had no Serena, Vika withdrew, Maria beat Caro decisively when they played.
I'm not sure that level will be good at a major. Since then her level is far below a slam contender.

I think Caroline has to do a lot of improving. Just to get anywhere near the level she used to play at.
Most players in this era improve after 21. Caroline is going in the wrong direction
not just about her getting back too where she was or level but retool & adding new thing too her game will be great on helping her improve maybe whoever this new coach will be he can do that

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 01:20 PM   #3507
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
What if she was pregnant? I don't think she is, though, but that's not important.
Yes, don't think she is, otherwise she wouldn't practice for 3 hours today, would she?! But I have to say after I read ''Life is good'' tweet that was the first thing that came to my mind

Quote:
CaroWozniacki Caroline Wozniacki
Nice 3 hour tennis session this morning!
And I agree with Angliru, we shoud stop being so negative about everything, and try to find some positives otherwise it's getting dark in her!
Something positive for today- Caro had 3 hour tennis session today!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM   #3508
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

With regard to the multitude of possibilities mentioned in post #3534, let me be clear that the No-accountability Subculture that exists in the WTA--and in no OTHER sport that I've seen, to such a pathetic degree--is only a contributing factor to players' underachieving.....And it's easy to see WHY so many succumb to it. I've met LOTS of people who'd take advantage of a shiftless boss who let them show up for work hung over, unshaven, poorly-dressed, and with a carefree attitude......with no consequences or any threat of loss of job status. Likewise, what can we expect from a field that's already made up of loads of spoiled,pampered rich gals who have a jerk-off boss who tells them that they can be out-of-shape whenever they feel like it...make ZERO attempt to get proper coaching...shamefully act like ultra-horny adolescent girls......and will unfailingly get Enabled by said useless boss as long as the gals keep looking pretty for promo pics

Having said all of that, such conditions would never have made Graf,or other determined legends,lazy players.In the same sense, if Caroline really,really,really has the desire to be a champion within her, then she'll eventually find her way and also figure out how to strike a balance between on-court and off-court life

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #3509
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I don't think trying to win a major is a bigger part of the reason than any of the other things I've listed above. I'm not even sure they're really thinking about slams when she's lost R1 or R2 at three out of the last four?

But we tend to forget that Caro was an IW runner up only three months ago. That's still quite an achievement and should historically be a good benchmark for grand slam potential (although the lack of WS deflates the event to some extent). I just had a look at the list of IW finalist through all times: of the 50 finalists since 1989, 32 have won grand slams; and 49 of the 50 IW finalists have reached at least a SF at a slam!

Caro is ranked no. 9 at the moment, so while she's lost her consistency, she's still more consistent over a year than those ranked immediately below her. Either that or more likely: she's still perfoming at a higher peak level than those below her (over the past 52 weeks, obviously)!
Plus the one time Caro did get past the 2nd round she was down 3-1 3rd set in the 1st round.

To be fair she's been hit with particularly tough early rounds in 3 out of the last 4 grand slams she's played.

You can thank Vika's early birthday present for that.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM   #3510
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Elina Svitolina ‏@ElinaSvitolina
Eastbourne..wind is 32 mph (51 kmh) what a place

The usual conditions for Eastbourne then . A shame really, Eastbourne would be a great tournament if it wasn't on the coast.
That's why I'd prefer that Caro hadn't signed up for Eastbourne.

Maybe next year she'll sign up for Birmingham since I think that's supposed to be a premier tournament.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread