Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 230 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #3436
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
I think very few if any good coaches are going to put up with Caro leaving to go watch golf for a week unless it's part of a already scheduled long break period like the end of the season or after Wimbledon. A week off watching golf like after Charleston shouldn't be ok.
If Caroline keeps playing like the last 2 months, I can see a coach wanting the job, because any wins would look like an improvement.
But she has to do it on court. I cant believe she's completely lost it as a competent player. She showed too much in Dubai & IW to believe everything suddenly disappeared.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 08:48 PM   #3437
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, perhaps those top coaches like Guardiola or Maurinho aren't all they are cracked up to be. Maurinho is only "the special one" because his teams are special. Same for Guardiola and those other "top coaches." Anyone can do it with Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Real Madrid or Barcelona. Let me see you do it with Aston Villa or Hamburg. Than we will find out if you're really "special."
What are you saying about Villa?

Tennisfan66 = Villa4ever

PS We have Lambert now. I like him. Good solid, hard working coach, who isn't into the flashy, glamour life style of some people in the sport. And he is very much in tune with the Villa style of club. Building with youth and with players from England's (if not Europe's) best and most successful youth academy. NextGen Europe Cup Winners 2013

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : Jun 7th, 2013 at 09:03 PM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 11:22 PM   #3438
country flag MaKiri94
#SupportSerbia

MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of MaKiri94 has much to be proud of

Caro being No.1 seems like such a long time ago now, I mean so much has changed
MaKiri94 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 12:01 AM   #3439
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ hey It only been Two year Caro only 22 goin on 23 this year I Hopin she can get back in the mix & atleast get her ranking in top 5 and start making deep runs at the slams again

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #3440
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaKiri94 View Post
Caro being No.1 seems like such a long time ago now, I mean so much has changed
To me,the memories almost feel surreal,as if Caro won all of those matches in an alternate dimension of reality

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 06:31 PM   #3441
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting. Part of being great is how you deal with losing. Caroline doesnt deal well.

Against 2009 champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, Serena dropped the second set and was a point from an 0-3 deficit in the third. This had echoes of last year's loss.
"I'm still a little bit upset about that loss last year, but it's all about how you recover," she said. "I've always said a champion isn't about how much they win, but it's about how they recover from their downs, whether it's an injury or whether it's a loss."

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #3442
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

She used to deal well after tough losses, look at that devastating loss against Li in Australia, she played some of her best tennis after that.
It's been downhill since the end of 2011...why? It's difficult to know... too many distractions I'd say.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #3443
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, it´t the fact that she is no longer as focused as she used to be. And the main reason is her relationship with Rory IMO. I suspect that it was him who changed her attitude and made her more relaxed about her tennis results. In one interview she mentioned something along these lines.
I think that to become good again Caroline needs to stop to be too relaxed and become ambitious as she was in the past. Right now I sometimes feel as if the only ambition she has left is to be a good housewife.
Right, rant over. Gawd, I hope Jimmie no longer reads this forum.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 09:57 PM   #3444
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Right now I sometimes feel as if the only ambition she has left is to be a good housewife.
The Good Wife's Guide

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 8th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #3445
country flag goldenlox

It could be even worse than she's not as ambitious.
It could be she IS motivated, she's trying to win, but she just cant do it anymore.
These result are so weak since IW, hard to believe she isnt ambitious enough to win a match or 2 here & there.
Losing 8 of 11 matches when she's the seed playing nonseeds. Very soft results. I cant believe she wouldnt care to this extent

Old Jun 8th, 2013, 11:57 PM   #3446
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully things change soon I think she care But maybe not as much as she used too & I think she know she struggle but won't admit it but we can see due too the fact she finding a new coach something she just recently said she would around Feb-Mar that she didn't wanted too do. I still think there some thing in her game that need improve the main thing in IMO are her serve, Variety such as Volley & Drop Shot, & she need too rediscover her bread butter shot her Backhand that something she need too work on mostly. Her fitness is something that should be her least worry she nine time outta ten the fitness player out on the tour.

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 03:16 AM   #3447
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
She used to deal well after tough losses, look at that devastating loss against Li in Australia, she played some of her best tennis after that.
It's been downhill since the end of 2011...why? It's difficult to know... too many distractions I'd say.
The distractions are NOT the cause of Caro's problems.More precisely,Caro's state of distraction is just a symptom of a greater question of dedication.I'd bet you euros to donuts that we could find the most charismatic playboy to enter Serena or Masha's life--even one who had lots of common interests with either gal--and neither one would have any significant drop-off in her on-court performance.Heck,Vika actually HAS a music star--of sorts--bf and doesn't look too debilitated.

Caroline got distracted because she WANTED a distraction...to get away from tennis...and now she has drifted even further since things started.Every regular poster here knows that I'm no Rory basher,but I don't find ANYthing terribly charismatic about him that would mesmerize a gal with focus and rock-solid determination(no offense meant,Rory).Any gal so weak that she'd let RORY kill all of her motivation was never that strong to begin with--and doesn't deserve to be a champion....Am still holding out hope that Caroline can find a stabler emotional balance between On court and Off court

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Fare thee well, Li
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 09:38 AM   #3448
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Well, he´s her first love and maybe that is also a factor. Until she met Rory her life revolved only about tennis and she did not have a chance to enjoy much of what an ´ordinary´young gal her age has. So, he probably showed her what she has missed and maybe some of that was not very beneficial. I remember that last year there was a photo of her and Rory looking very drunk walking down the streets of London a few days before Wimbledon started. Needless to say, she lost in the first round.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM   #3449
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by marineblue View Post
Well, he´s her first love and maybe that is also a factor. Until she met Rory her life revolved only about tennis and she did not have a chance to enjoy much of what an ´ordinary´young gal her age has. So, he probably showed her what she has missed and maybe some of that was not very beneficial. I remember that last year there was a photo of her and Rory looking very drunk walking down the streets of London a few days before Wimbledon started. Needless to say, she lost in the first round.
If thats the reason, then she doesnt want success badly enough.
The top 3 right now put tremendous amount of effort into their careers.
Even 4 &5, Radwanska & Errani, they are not as good as Caroline used to be, but they are trying hard to get the most out of their abilities.
To be in the top 5, it has to be a full time job, that takes precedence over a relationship.

But its also possible that as hard as Caroline tries, her game deteriorated and she cant win matches anymore. I cant believe she would descend to this level without a fight. She barely won a match since The Masters, and that was in April

Old Jun 9th, 2013, 10:16 AM   #3450
country flag Trey

Errani No she No not as good as Caro, But Aga as made alot improvement in her game over the years not saying they were on the same level but Aga not Far from old Caro

Closed Thread