Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 228 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 07:41 PM   #3406
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Anyway who u guys thinks will be an great choice as Caro New Coach

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3407
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Well you are presuming Serena stays as dominant until 2016, imo she will decline before then, it's not easy to remain so dominant, motivation, injuries etc.

As I've said before I just don't see Caroline being one of these players who peaks in her late 20s. As was pointed out a couple of weeks ago, Caro has played pretty much the most matches of anyone her age, and it's that sort of thing which tends to dictate when you peak, how many matches you have in your legs. You see it with players like Haas who despite having a lot of injuries, is now able to play a very high level of tennis at 35 years old because tennis wise he is still relatively fresh. Caroline's window of opportunity is the next couple of years in my opinion, so her door of opportunity is already on the verge of closing unless she can get back competing at the elite level.
Even if Serena declines, there are a few other players that would be pretty tough for Caro to beat even if she were in good form.

That's more or less along the lines of what I just said in my previous post. I wonder if Rory is an unwitting negative influence in terms of urgency to right her career. Rory has about 10 to 15 more years to win a major than Caro so he can be relatively patient in dealing with the struggles of his career currently.

Just fyi, Vika has about the same # of singles matches played in her career as Caro so they can exit their primes in about the same year.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:19 PM   #3408
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Caro had a lot of easy weeks the last 2 years. Vika & Aga worked much harder.
I dont agree that her window is closing soon. But her level of play & lack of mental toughness is something that will keep her from being a slam contender
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 08:25 PM   #3409
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
Anyway who u guys thinks will be an great choice as Caro New Coach
It would be easier to guess if Team Wozniacki had given a list of potential candidates.

I think it's pretty important that it's someone who's not gonna try to get her to play like Serena/Sharapova/Kvitova. They need to be able improve her technique whether through their own coaching or being able to bring in someone to work on a technical aspect/s. I think it would be fairly helpful if the new coach had been the personal coach of at least a top 20 player before.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #3410
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
Even if Serena declines, there are a few other players that would be pretty tough for Caro to beat even if she were in good form.

That's more or less along the lines of what I just said in my previous post. I wonder if Rory is an unwitting negative influence in terms of urgency to right her career. Rory has about 10 to 15 more years to win a major than Caro so he can be relatively patient in dealing with the struggles of his career currently.

Just fyi, Vika has about the same # of singles matches played in her career as Caro so they can exit their primes in about the same year.
Even if Serena declined tomorrow, Caro is nowhere near around to pick up the rewards. Caro isn't even close to knocking on the door right now.

You can see just from looking at Caro, she's in perfect physical condition, fitness not a problem. Physically Caro is if not already in, then coming into her peak.

The difference of course being that Vika is making far better use of her prime than Caro is .
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:09 PM   #3411
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
It would be easier to guess if Team Wozniacki had given a list of potential candidates.

I think it's pretty important that it's someone who's not gonna try to get her to play like Serena/Sharapova/Kvitova. They need to be able improve her technique whether through their own coaching or being able to bring in someone to work on a technical aspect/s.
It's pretty much this. It's impossible for us to just name names. I am open minded to who actually becomes her coach, and will base my opinion more on what I see her doing. A lot of the top players have coaches who were virtual unknowns before coaching them, but are able to make it work for that player (though I guess not the top 3 in this).
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 09:45 PM   #3412
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I agree I think as well she need a coach that will help her with her technique but not try too change her game, I like too see her serve improve through I think that one area in her game that need improvement and I also think she can win some free points off it if she make the improvement. & I like too see her at the net more doing volley & drop shot, also getting more used too standing on the baseline beside way behind it. but mostly she need too work on getting her bread & butter shot back her Backhand. Hopefully she can find a coach too help her improve in these area. Question when did she say she be having her new coach ?

Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:38 PM   #3413
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

I could be mistaken but I thought that she (or someone from her team) mentioned an interim coach and that she would not have a new, fill-time coach until next season. I'm not sure if next season means before or after 2013. If she isn't getting a new, permanent coach until 2014 when will they have a chance to work with each other? She really ought to find someone very soon so that she has a chance to improve and work on her game before next year.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 6th, 2013, 11:54 PM   #3414
country flag Trey

So an Interim Coach will be Part time Coach, I think they should try find a coach now but if not now, get one during offseason for her too work during offseason

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 04:09 AM   #3415
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

It may've been Goldenlox who posted this recently but,anyway,it's hard to imagine that Caroline would be a terribly attractive prospect to a big-name coach now(and that's so for several reasons).It was different back when she first worked with Sanchez,as a lot has changed since then

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 04:14 AM   #3416
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
It may've been Goldenlox who posted this recently but,anyway,it's hard to imagine that Caroline would be a terribly attractive prospect to a big-name coach now(and that's so for several reasons).It was different back when she first worked with Sanchez,as a lot has changed since then
Caro would probably have to reassure the would be new coach that she's committed.

A new coach could make a bit of a name for himself or herself if they could turn things around and get Caro successful again.
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 04:32 AM   #3417
country flag Trey

Well The Two Things I Hoping For from Her Is that she Pick a Decent coach who don't want her too change her style but improve her game and add new thing new as well, also I Want her too give this coach Time too make the improvement in her game she not going improve & Start winning over not or in one or two event it going take time so I hoping mostly she give this coach time, also I hoping this coach can bring her back in the mix. I will Prefer If the Coach an Man I she do better with an Man coach. As for the Interim Coach anyone know when He/She suppose to come ?

Old Jun 7th, 2013, 07:15 AM   #3418
country flag Protoss

Quote:
I not saying she improve by ranking or result I talking abot her game overall Yes JJ Has Improve her game Her Serve gotta better & she better at the net. & I highly disagree with caro playing the same way she did in 09-10 she be high in the ranking, THe Top 4 Players has gotten way better & made there improvement in there game something Caroline need too do.
Quote:
She reach her first Slam Final in 09 so yeah her result were petty decent in 09 as well she also won 3 titles and made 6 finals which wasn't bad for an 19 yr
The decline in JJ's baseline game hasn't been completely offset by improvement in her serve or net play though.

I think Caro's play from mid 2010 through 2011 would likely be good enough to be ranked around 4 or 5. Any changes from that point should be more like tweaks than radical changes and would probably need to be determined based on matchups with the top 3 at that point since Caro didn't get to play the top 3 at their current level when she herself was still at a fairly high level.

Caro was somewhat inconsistent in 2009 in her results and a bit lucky in her US Open draw. Still it was a lot better than this year and arguably than last year as well.
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 07:20 AM   #3419
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Caroline can't just go back too her 09-11 form and start winning big event back & forward like she used too again it still going be a struggle something gotta improve in her game, look at all the lose she in had where she was blown off the court by her playing the way ya want her too play consistent & Steady Now Example Why she lost these match ? because it wasn't from her being aggressive and going for her shot like I said the improve in her game need too be made

1. Bojana Jovanovski at the RG this Year

2. Yaroslava Shvedova in Madrid 6-2 6-4

3. Maria at IW lost 6-2 6-2

4. Nadia Petrova at Sofia 2012 lost 6-1 6-2

5. Irina-Camelia Begu U.S. Open 2012 lost 6-2 6-2

6. Angelique Kerber Stuttgart 2012 lost 6-1 6-2

7. Ivanović IW 2012 lost 6-3 6-2
Off the top of my head, I'd say that Caro lost most of those matches due to poor serving and making too many errors. Plus being blasted off a clay court is something Caro's been vulnerable to in the past (for example, Hantuchova at the 2011 French Open and Kanepi at the 2012 French Open (prior to the epic choking)).
Old Jun 7th, 2013, 07:27 AM   #3420
country flag Protoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Playing New Haven doesn't exactly play in with the idea that "it's all about the grand slams" does it. I do think it's a wise choice though, Caro needs to be concentrating on getting her game back on track, not on trying to win grand slams right now.
I don't think loading up on tournaments is much of a path to improvement for Caro.

I'd rather see her practicing/training more.
Closed Thread