Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 223 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 04:14 PM   #3331
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
To put it into context Caroline is defending 2270 points between now and the end of the year. That is more than the equivalent of her making quarter finals at every event she plays. That is a huge ask in her current form.
It certainly is. But she's managed to reach eighteen 3rd rounds in a row at the grand slams since AO 2008 when she was still only 17 years old. Which makes it all the more remarkable that she's lost before the 3rd round at 3 of the last 4 grand slams - especially since she's much more experienced today (something she expressed herself as a big advantage after the Robson match).

She really needs to get deeper at the grand slams again. At least 4R every time. Then anything anything can happen now and then (a QF or SF). And her top 10 ranking will be safe. 1R or 2R at three out of four slams is not good enough.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 04:28 PM   #3332
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you are right angliru, Caro's grand slam results just aren't good enough for a top 10 player. The problem is Caro's results on her worst surfaces consistently aren't good enough. When you go through the clay and grass season posting a handful of wins you are fighting a tough battle for the rest of the year.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 07:54 PM   #3333
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yes you are right angliru, Caro's grand slam results just aren't good enough for a top 10 player. The problem is Caro's results on her worst surfaces consistently aren't good enough. When you go through the clay and grass season posting a handful of wins you are fighting a tough battle for the rest of the year.
Amazing.. People were talking about what Caroline has to do to win a major.
Now she lost 6 of her last 12 matches at majors. Soon the experts can explain what Caro has to do to get out of week 1 at majors
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:10 PM   #3334
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

It's time to re-evaluate Caro's ranking situation after today's matches (not that it matters much, but anyway): It seems more and more likely that Caro will keep her top 10 ranking after FO, since Ana Ivanovic and Carla Suarez Navarro lost today. Caro is virtual #9 at the moment. Maria Kirilenko, Jelena Jankovic, and Sloane Stephens can still go past her, but they need to do this:
  1. Maria Kirilenko must reach the SF (defeating Mattek-Sands and Vika/Fran)
  2. Jankovic must reach the final (def. Hampton & Sharapova/Stephens & BMS/Kirilenko/Fran/Vika)
  3. Stephens must reach the final (def. Sharapova & Hampton/Jankovic & BMS/Kirilenko/Fran/Vika)

Only two of these three scenarios can happen (2 & 3 are mutually exclusive), so Caro is guaranteed to be at least #11 after FO. Caro will most likely stay at #9 or 10, but no. 11 is (still) a theoretical possibility.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:24 PM   #3335
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
It's time to re-evaluate Caro's ranking situation after today's matches (not that it matters much, but anyway): It seems more and more likely that Caro will keep her top 10 ranking after FO, since Ana Ivanovic and Carla Suarez Navarro lost today. Caro is virtual #9 at the moment. Maria Kirilenko, Jelena Jankovic, and Sloane Stephens can still go past her, but they need to do this:
  1. Maria Kirilenko must reach the SF (defeating Mattek-Sands and Vika/Fran)
  2. Jankovic must reach the final (def. Hampton & Sharapova/Stephens & BMS/Kirilenko/Fran/Vika)
  3. Stephens must reach the final (def. Sharapova & Hampton/Jankovic & BMS/Kirilenko/Fran/Vika)
Only two of these three scenarios can happen (2 & 3 are mutually exclusive), so Caro is guaranteed to be at least #11 after FO. Caro will most likely stay at #9 or 10, but no. 11 is (still) a theoretical possibility.
I think the race gives a better perspective of how Caro is doing now we are into the year. She was #9. I suspect she's dropping a lot of places. Where is it likely she'll be in the race?

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:31 PM   #3336
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

She will be number 12 in the race after Roland Garros unless Kuznetsova beats Serena, or one of Hampton, Mattek-Sands or Schiavone makes the final.

EDIT - See this for the actual points http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....9&postcount=91.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM   #3337
country flag terjw

terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute terjw has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
She will be number 12 in the race after Roland Garros unless Kuznetsova beats Serena, or one of Hampton, Mattek-Sands or Schiavone makes the final.

EDIT - See this for the actual points http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....&postcount=91.
Thank you. I must admit I thought she was going to drop more than 3 places.

Chris Evert, Steffi Graf, Kim Clijsters
terjw is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 08:53 PM   #3338
country flag ozza

With regards to staying in the top 10, the big problems will come at the end of the year. She could be going into Luxembourg as her final tournament of the year with 725 points to defend.
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 10:33 PM   #3339
country flag ozza

Caro has to be entering late or wtf is actually going on?

Eggy ‏@TheBoiledEgg
8 of top 10 are entered both Cincinnati and Toronto- Woz isnt in Cinci yet
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 10:43 PM   #3340
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe there's a big golf tournament that week
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #3341
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
That's so mean

But I must admit, I was thinking the exact same thing.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 10:55 PM   #3342
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Snap!

Anyway, Caro always sucks at Cincy, it's her worst summer tournament if I'm not mistaken.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #3343
country flag ozza

Quote:
The US PGA Championship is from the August 8th-August 11th apparently. That clashes with Toronto not Cincinnati .
Old Jun 2nd, 2013, 11:16 PM   #3344
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Snap!

Anyway, Caro always sucks at Cincy, it's her worst summer tournament if I'm not mistaken.
She is even worse when the Rogers Cup is in Toronto rather than Montreal. Her record in Montreal is 8-1. Her record in Toronto is 0-3*.

* She had to play qualifiers in 2007. She did win two matches to get in to the tournament but lost her first match in the main draw.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 12:58 AM   #3345
country flag neverforget
-PREMIUM MEMBER-

neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all neverforget is a name known to all

Posted by Bruce Goose: "...Caroline has grown weary of listening to her dad--WHOM SHE LOVES DEARLY--so what can we realistically expect from a stranger whom she barely knows..." I'd grow weary of his constant monologues on the court, too, so I can understand what she may very well mean. Someone who who works with her as as a partner, but tough and firm at the same time is what I think she needs. I want her to remain my favorite, so I hope she follows those recommendations.
neverforget is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread