Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 213 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2013, 04:34 PM   #3181
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
No, she has changed her stance for awhile now. Since Madrid I think (?)
Charleston I think!

Yeah Jovanovski is better mover than Robson but let's be real Caro shoud have won their previous meeting, Caro was playing and serving & moving better today than in her previou matches on clay, so I optimistic about her chances vs Bojana but Caro have to stay focused through the whole match!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 27th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #3182
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Robson didnt play well. This will be a different test. Still 5 losses her last 6 matches.
They have to decide what direction they are going in.
Do they really want "to win a major"? Or do they want Caroline to develop and become the best player she can be.
Those 2 might not be the same thing.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #3183
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

By that ^ I mean the goal should be to have her be the best player she can be. Not to force something on her because her dad thinks thats how you win majors.
You win majors by not losing matches at a slam. Which means consistent, high quality play. Doesnt necessarily mean lot of big forehands

Old May 27th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #3184
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Interestingly enough goldenlox that is pretty much what they were saying on ITV today (Mark Petchey & Sam Smith). They said the recent remarks seem strange because they talk about developing this new game taking time, but they're not sure this is the right thing to do going forward because then you are getting away from her strengths of her consistency. They were actually the first commentators I have heard talk about this and actually acknowledge that Caroline is not as consistent from the baseline as she use to be.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #3185
country flag goldenlox

It was hard to judge where her game is by this match.
Next round is the player who beat her in Rome. Then the player who beat her in Melbourne & Brisbane.
So this week will tell a lot.
They might have done damage that Caroline will never recover from.
We probably wont know for a few years

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #3186
country flag goldenlox

Sveta beat Caro in Melbourne & Sydney. Pervak in Brisbane. Caroline's not the same player she used to be. She lost twice to Sveta. Now has to avoid losing twice in a row to Jovanovski
If she wins that, she has to avoid losing 3 times in a row to Sveta

Old May 27th, 2013, 09:52 PM   #3187
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

If you had only told me the score while I was at work,then I'd have assumed that it was another awful loss;was QUITE pleased to see Caroline's name in the win column when I got home.I'd like to give Caro a big kiss but,being a Latino male,it's hard for me to give a purely platonic one to such a lovely gal...and I don't think that Rory would appreciate what he saw......so I'll be diplomatic and just give our Sunshine a nice salute.Way to go,Caroline!

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:53 PM   #3188
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot that Caroline could potentially meet Sveta in round 3, then kerber in rd 4 if she gets that far. Tough draw. She'll have to play just like today in order to go deep here.
Old May 27th, 2013, 09:58 PM   #3189
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

I am also very happy that she's give us this pleasant surprise. I guess she's started to take things more seriously after what has happened until now during the claycourt season. It's great to see her winning again. I hope she can at least defend her points from last year.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2013, 11:44 PM   #3190
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

I hope there's room for a new(ish) fan here I've really come to like Caro since her "troubles" started, as bad as that probably sounds. I always felt that there was a lot of unfair criticism of her when she was #1 but I never really considered myself a fan, I was just unbiased towards her either way. But since early this year I have watched quite a few of her matches and found that I root for her to win, because I'd really like to see her achieve great things once again and overcome the obstacles she's facing. Best of luck to her for RG, she played very well today
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 12:14 AM   #3191
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
I hope there's room for a new(ish) fan here I've really come to like Caro since her "troubles" started, as bad as that probably sounds. I always felt that there was a lot of unfair criticism of her when she was #1 but I never really considered myself a fan, I was just unbiased towards her either way. But since early this year I have watched quite a few of her matches and found that I root for her to win, because I'd really like to see her achieve great things once again and overcome the obstacles she's facing. Best of luck to her for RG, she played very well today

There always room for an Caro Fan

S. Stephens | M. Keys | A. Riske | C. Vandeweghe | J. Hampton | T. Townsend | V. Duval | S. Vickery | S. Crawford

L. Chirico | Cici. Bellis |T. Black | H. Black | J. Daniel | M. Gordon | S. Kenin | W. Osuigwe | M. Shishkina | G. Faith Andrews
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:03 AM   #3192
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
There always room for an Caro Fan
Ditto! Though being a Caro fan is an extenuating job! Keep healthy!

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

💨💦☁⚡"Even the darkest night will end and "Sunshine" will rise" ⛅☀🌞🌻
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 01:27 AM   #3193
country flag Pebbles

Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute Pebbles has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks guys I think I'm ready for the challenge, I had a lot of experience being a Dementieva fan
Pebbles is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 05:32 AM   #3194
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pebbles View Post
Thanks guys I think I'm ready for the challenge, I had a lot of experience being a Dementieva fan
Kind of an old story for other posters here,but I sort of sensed back in 2009 that Elena wouldn't last more than another season with motherhood beckoning, and Caroline was the only one remotely sweet enough to fill the void so I started following her as a full-fledged even before 2010 was halfway through(though I'd liked her before that)

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Descansa en paz, Pedro Armendariz--OTRA victima de la incompetencia del hospital IMSS
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 28th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #3195
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Thomas Högstedt was briefly watching Caro's practice today according to tv2's report from her session this morning. It's tempting to read something into this, but I'd rather not. More relevant, I think, is that Caro has changed her diet and has lost some weight, which she thinks is good (something she has told the reporter of the article).
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread