Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 211 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 26th, 2013, 02:16 PM   #3151
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

If the quotes that Ozza and Saraya referred to are accurate translations,then they indicate what piss-poor guidance Piotr has been giving Caroline lately(and I can't imagine that APDP has produced any significant improvements,either).Since,according to HIS words,he's not gonna be working alongside the new coach anyway,it would be better if Piotr didn't even direct the long-term coaching search.To me,it would be better if Caro took the initiative over the coaching situation;if she doesn't even FEEL LIKE taking such initiative,then the whole coaching change will probably be in vain

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 26th, 2013, 02:32 PM   #3152
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont care what her dad or any coach is telling Caroline. She had extreme success. Only 8 players were #1 for 2 years in a row. She was in a slam final while still a teen.
She knows how to win. If she wants to do this the rest of her career, losing early most tournaments, its her career, her choice.
All her dad or a coach can do is advise her. Its Caro who is losing all these matches
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:57 PM   #3153
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Michael Mortensen has been spotted working with Mona Barthel in Paris, so I guess we can rule him out as Caro's future coach. I doubt Michael Mortensen was a contender for the job anyway, because his assignment with Li Na always suggested his family and civil life was a bigger priority for him. I don't really see how that fits into Caro's plans for the future.

From the twitter rumour mill:

Quote:
Per Colstrup Vinkel ‏@Pervinkel
Mortensen med nyt job i Paris kunne noget tyde pĺ #rg2013 #monabarthel pic.twitter.com/YCrvdhVGsl

Translation: Something suggests Mortensen has a new job in Paris.

The tweet is from one of the Danish freelance tv tennis commentators.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #3154
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Can anybody think of anyone who completely blew up their game style and even returned close to their previous success let and out exceeded it? That is the thing I don't get. There aren't even signs this is going to work. You don't just change your who methodology to tennis overnight. You work on things little by little and implement them into your game, it's a gradual process. It's why new coaches with new ideas tend to take a while to have an impact, but those players don't let their results just completely fall of the cliff in the hope one day it miraculously might click.

Do her camp seriously think she is going to beat Maria Sharapova by being the aggressor in the years to come? I'm using Sharapova as an example of someone who is going to be around for years to come, but the same is true for any big hitter, does anybody envision her standing toe to toe with these players and outhitting them?
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:02 PM   #3155
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by angliru View Post
Michael Mortensen has been spotted working with Mona Barthel in Paris, so I guess we can rule him out as Caro's future coach. I doubt Michael Mortensen was a contender for the job anyway, because his assignment with Li Na always suggested his family and civil life was a bigger priority for him. I don't really see how that fits into Caro's plans for the future.

From the twitter rumour mill:

Translation: Something suggests Mortensen has a new job in Paris.

The tweet is from one of the Danish freelance tv tennis commentators.
But didn't they say the person they have in mind is currently in a job and under contract, and that they are seeking an interim in the mean time.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:17 PM   #3156
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
But didn't they say the person they have in mind is currently in a job and under contract, and that they are seeking an interim in the mean time.
I was just going to make this comment ...

Personally, I think Michael Mortensen would be about perfect for Caroline. He has the calm, relaxed personality, which I think would benefit her. He also knows her fra KB, where he was chief trainer, when she trained there.

However, as was mentioned, his commitments and family probably doesn't allow for it.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 03:38 PM   #3157
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Going for 6 losses in a row and 8 of 10. People thought she got criticized a lot for being a slamless #1.
Its clear from her current play that she doesnt embarrass easy. So that criticism probably didnt bother her
These are terrible numbers she's putting up. What you expect from players outside the top 100

Old May 26th, 2013, 04:03 PM   #3158
country flag PoliCappuccino

PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of PoliCappuccino has much to be proud of

Pardon me for interrupting but...

I suggest that before Wozniacki's match, we must all offer animal sacrifices. I believe this is what the Aztecs did to "keep the sun from halting in its orbit". My theory is that by doing so, this will awaken the Sunshine queen from its deep slumber and she shall pour down terror in this year's French open. We can keep the sun up as long as we do our daily sacrifice. Now I know that originally, they sacrificed humans; we're not cold-blooded murderers like that. I recommend we start by squashing ants and cockroaches. If one is brave or qualified to kill animals, he can slaughter goats and sheep.

Quickly, hand out the potions!

Last edited by PoliCappuccino : May 26th, 2013 at 04:32 PM.
PoliCappuccino is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 04:12 PM   #3159
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say that Goldenlox slightly misspoke: Caroline KNEW how to win,she doesn't know how to do it NOW or else she'd be doing so(barring a masochistic desire to lose that'd qualify as mental illness).

Ultimately,Goldenlox is right to the extent that it IS up to Caroline but,if she DOES still care about tennis,then she'll need some sound guidance cuz she looks utterly confused out on court,drifting like a rudderless ship

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Our Slam: Islas Marias Prison Island Open--Benito Juarez Open(red clay)--Mazatlan Open(LOTS of Mexican 'grass' AND 'sugar')--the Mexico City Open(VERY poorly attended b/c almost NO ONE can get thru the traffic)
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:28 PM   #3160
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I don't know how much we should read into the recent statements from Caro's camp. It seems kind of vague or even enigmatic at this point. But they weren't too happy with Thomas Johanssons on-and-off commitment, and it seems like they want a more stable assignment this time. I really doubt Mortensen fits into their plans (unless something has changed, which of course is possible). I'm glad to see him work again though, if it's true and not just a rumour. He's a good guy, and I hope Mona will gain from it.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM   #3161
country flag goldenlox

I dont believe anything they're saying. They cant really believe they are going to take a consistent defensive player and turn them into a Julia Goerges and win a major.
The players who win majors are very consistent. The players who get to #1 and dont win a major need to improve their serve. Thats what stops them. They cant serve it out at 5-4. Late in a major you have to hold at 4-5 or 5-4.
But no one looks to get more inconsistent. You need to force your opponent to play great, not to play error-filled and give them a win

Old May 26th, 2013, 08:02 PM   #3162
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I would have liked Michael Mortensen too be her coach i through it woulda been an good pick, hopefully they find someone through who can help her & improve her game

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #3163
country flag goldenlox

All this does is make Caroline look bad. That she couldnt stay near the top, that her dad says only winning a slam matters...
It all makes her look bad. Makes her & her dad look crazy. Players who achieve dont throw their careers away like this. They worked so hard to get success, nobody just tosses it away in the hopes that a new style of play will create a miracle.

Old May 26th, 2013, 08:22 PM   #3164
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

^ I think U guys r taking it too Serious really don't get me wrong I not big fan of Piotr but when he said only winning a slam matters I think he mean that there main priorities of course is to win an Slam. I sure caro want win other titles as well too but a slam should be top priorities, As far as her Game style changing I like the fact she trying something new She can't always think & well as many think on this forum that her opponent going spray error after error and she going win the match no she have too go for her shot and winners, Of Course she not going be blowing player like maria or serena off court But I rather her going for it then being blow off the court we seen that at IW this year with Maria as well as last year at IW with Ana also at Stuttgart with Kerber all those matches she got blow off the court due too the fact she wait for an error from her opponent. As far as her improving she need too learn how too play Defense & aggressive tennis at the same time, and cut down on those error, & that not something that going happen over night she going have too give whoever her new coach going be an chance too help her with that so there going be event where she will lose early but at the same time at long we see the improvement when she get her new coach than that what matter because it will help her in the long run, IMO her serve need Improvement & she need too get her Rhythm back on her BH

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 27th, 2013, 04:22 AM   #3165
country flag bruce goose

Actually,Trey,I don't blame other posters for feeling despondent;unlike other players who had fragile internal make-ups,Caro seemed to have an inner strength that made the current situation unthinkable.

As we've discussed in this sub-forum,others have had surprising falls from grace,but they kind of made sense in retrospect.THIS one has an unreal quality to it,sort of like a bad dream

Closed Thread