Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 210 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2013, 03:48 PM   #3136
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it/20...wozniacki.html

Will Caroline come out of the shadow she's fallen in?

Young, beautiful, marketable and successful. This was Caroline Wozniacki no longer than two years ago, when despite a few problems to keep it at the end of 2011 she was holding for the second year in a row the crown of world number 1 player. She was the most consistent, the most solid, the best defensive player of the moment, yet in two years of reign she hadn't won a single Grand Slam title, nor a Year Ending Championship. Yes, she reached the final in both stages, but for many it wasn't enough to justify her ranking. Truth is that her gap against her contenders for the ranking had always been quite big and for most of her supporters it would have been a matter of time before she would finally win her maiden slam.
Now, two years later, she's barely holding into top 10 thanks to a couple of good runs in big tournaments like Moscow and Indian Wells, but her slam record sums up her past 365 days with 5 wins out of 4 slams and two round 1 losses in Wimbledon and New York.
Few days away from Roland Garros, historically her worst slam, she hasn't won a single match on red clay and only one green clay (against the mediocre Soler Espinosa), which sets her on a 5 matches losing streak, where most of them came in an almost unexplainable fashion.

[Continues on the blog]

-I'll be glad to know your comments -

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 04:09 PM   #3137
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
From what her dad said, they will ''steal'' a coach for other player
That sounds like she wont have a new coach until 2014. It means the coach they want has a job now
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:22 PM   #3138
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
That sounds like she wont have a new coach until 2014. It means the coach they want has a job now
Yes, this is exactly what has now come out. She wants a 'Benitez' solution. Someone to cover from basically NOW (as Pitor has had enough of the circus) until the preferred coach is available.

It just sounds like like more circus to me. Sorry for being so skeptical, but I'll believe in a 'permanent / rest of my career' top class coach, when I see it. And not a second before.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:25 PM   #3139
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I agree, this doesnt sound good. There are 3 majors still in 2013, a bunch of premiers and a YEC.
This is not the time to screw around. She has to be serious about her career, which has already walked the plank, and might already be under water for good

Old May 25th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #3140
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Well it will be hard to pick a more unpopular choice than Benitez . It sounds like it has come more from Piotr than Caroline tbh.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:33 PM   #3141
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I agree, this doesnt sound good. There are 3 majors still in 2013, a bunch of premiers and a YEC.
This is not the time to screw around. She has to be serious about her career, which has already walked the plank, and might already be under water for good
A YEC she was almost certainly not qualifying for on her current path. Even if this is a panic switch, or its come around simply because Piotr is fed up, it's not like there is much risk to it. She was already heading out of the top 10 sooner or later on her current path.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:43 PM   #3142
country flag goldenlox

If they were going to do something, now would be the time. Because if she is mentally ready for the hardcourt season, she could still make a YEC run and at start becoming a serious player at the USO again, where she was in 3 semis in the last 4 years.
But a temporary coach sounds like a built-in excuse for more crappy tennis. She needs to focus and fight like each match is all that matters

Old May 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #3143
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Well this is a surprise. I did think something needed to change (not necessarily the head coach) but I was doubting that something would happen.

I don't like this temporary coach for half a season setup though.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:08 PM   #3144
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

why ya think she won't have a coach till 2014 ? i thinking come Summer Hardcourt she should have a new coach, As far as YEC I not worry about that like I said I be happy if she can play as an ATL, & if she can play Sofia But the most importantly is her improving her game & hopefully this new coach whoever they choose help her with that, i hoping she will be able too stay in the top 10 this year as well, But I want her too improve as a player & I'm Interest in see who will become her new coach

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 06:10 PM   #3145
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

First of all,caution to other Caro fans b/c some insatiable penis-swallower uploaded a virus into this thread,apparently;haven't seen it at all anywhere else at TF except for here.If you spend too much time surfing these pages,you'll eventually have some garbage ad screen open up and,after the first couple times,you won't be able to close it w/o clicking on a window that asks you if you're sure that you don't want the worthless waste-of-life's offer.Most likely,that will simply infect your PC even more,so I just hit the power switch and re-started everything.

....Back on topic,would it be possible for Caro to find a temporary coach who at least employed very similar tactics to the long-term coach she's seeking??If not,then she'll just be retarding her progress with the full-time coach whenever he/she signs on.

Lastly,some comments about Piotr....Don't have any negative feelings towards him AT ALL;as far as I'm concerned,he and his wife did a fine job of raising a charming,intelligent,beautiful young woman of character,and Piotr did a lot to develop Caro's tennis career.I think that it would've been wiser had he stepped down a bit earlier,but maybe Caro herself dissuaded him for a good while.Who knows?It couldn't have been an easy decision for him to do this,so I respect the fact that he was willing to do it.IF Caro finds the right coach to maximize her talent,and IF she's willing to listen to him/her,then Caro's career is definitely salvageable,IMO

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

W(PE)TA: Women's Pathetic Enabler Tennis Association

LOOK! It's CLEAR; Carousel is a LIE! You don't HAVE to die! You can LIVE; LIVE and GROW OLD!
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 09:17 AM   #3146
country flag goldenlox

One thing clear from the struggles of Ivanovic & Jankovic, its harder to climb the mountain the 2nd time.

I was saying back in February 2012, that when Caro lost the #1, here was a key moment in her career. She had to show she was still at the top level and not fall off.
Thats when she spent the whole week in Doha with Rory and lost to Safarova. Then lost to Goerges a 3rd time.
Those were huge moments. I dont think she took those matches seriously enough.

Now its going to be a real struggle. But she has to get back to being mentally focused for every match.
A coach has to get her ready to play and convince her its important to compete the whole match.

I think most of this is Caro's motivation. She's wealthy and has a lot of options. If she cant fight on court the way Sharapova does, then she wont get those results

Old May 26th, 2013, 09:36 AM   #3147
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

It's rather annoying to me that Caro keeps getting these relatively tough early rounds in the slams when she's struggling. Paszek, Lisicki, and Robson are a fairly tough way to begin 3 out of the last 4 slams.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 26th, 2013, 10:22 AM   #3148
country flag ozza

Having read this http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=3385 I've gone from a little optimistic to pretty pessimistic.
Old May 26th, 2013, 11:15 AM   #3149
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Having read this http://www.tennisforum.com/showpost....postcount=3385 I've gone from a little optimistic to pretty pessimistic.
This is what is going on for 2 years. Its just excuses to lose every match.
Nobody blows up a successful style of play. She's never going to be better than she was in early 2011 by being aggressive with her forehand. Its not a good enough shot. She has to protect on that side. keep it deep

Old May 26th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #3150
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute

Piotr is really tired from Caros behaving.

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Closed Thread