Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 209 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 25th, 2013, 01:24 PM   #3121
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Rory is in Paris? It was expected Caro and Rory will be in London at Caro's friend Kessler's boxing Event?
Yes, he's in Paris .. but bet you, they will fly to London about now.

What's a slumping tennis and golf career, when you can walk on the red carpet as a celebrity couple at a boxing match?

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 25th, 2013, 01:35 PM   #3122
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Surely she cannot be seriously in London for the boxing tonight (I know they have told us McIlroy will be)?
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 01:45 PM   #3123
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

I just hope it doesn't turn into the circus act of last year. You've got to give the new person time whoever it is. They are inheriting heavily damaged goods right now, there isn't going to be any quick fix, it's more important to see some sort of gradual progress. Serena aside, all the coaching relationships at the top of the game right now took a while to blossom.
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:02 PM   #3124
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

I hope that now she takes a break from the tour to work with that new coach after RG, I see no point in playing the grass season, since she ain't confident and she never excelled there...moreover she has no points to defend there, so it won't hard her short-term ranking, but could possibly give her new fire for the summer HC

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3125
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I just hope it doesn't turn into the circus act of last year. You've got to give the new person time whoever it is. They are inheriting heavily damaged goods right now, there isn't going to be any quick fix, it's more important to see some sort of gradual progress. Serena aside, all the coaching relationships at the top of the game right now took a while to blossom.
Its already a circus act. The #1 player of 2010 & 2011 just lost 5 matches in a row & 7 of her last 9.
But she has to play better. She knows how to beat these players. She has too many excuses.
Have to be the pauper, not the princess. She has to fight for these matches. Her opponents love that she's playing like crap. They wont help her. She has to do this herself
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:04 PM   #3126
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Surely she cannot be seriously in London for the boxing tonight (I know they have told us McIlroy will be)?
don't think so, in this article it says she'll watch the fight on TV!
http://sporten.tv2.dk/2013-05-25-ven...-kessler-froch

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:08 PM   #3127
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Well, according to Piotr's comments, Caroline wants to find coach/trainer, who can be with her for the rest of her career.

Which can only mean two things :
1) Her career is either very short and near ending
or
2) The number of candidates can be counted on one hand.
I'm thinking. Matts Wilander. Michael Mortensen. Thomas Högstedt ... ?

Neither probably available anyway. So she'll have to compromise. Also, who wants to work with a tennis player, who's spending that much time on the golf court?

If YOU were a top tennis coach, say Thomas Högstedt, who actually knows Caro, would you leave the single minded Sharapova for the golf WAG Caroline?

This is purely a person observation, but I think Caroline has diminished her 'value' as a player greatly by all the golf WAGGING. A serious tennis coach/trainer cannot be ar*ed with such a player.

So Caroline will have to settle for 2nd or 3rd best and the result will be ... fired after another 3 month.

I have no crystal ball. It's guesswork from my side. We'll see.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:12 PM   #3128
country flag jasminefu623

jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of jasminefu623 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
Well, according to Piotr's comments, Caroline wants to find coach/trainer, who can be with her for the rest of her career.

or

Neither probably available anyway. So she'll have to compromise. Also, who wants to work with a tennis player, who' spending that much time on the golf court?

If YOU were a top tennis coach, say Thomas Högstedt, who actually knows Caro, leave the single minded Sharapova for the golf WAG Caroline?

This is purely a person observation, but I think Caroline has diminished her 'value' as a player greatly by all the golf WAGGING. A serious tennis coach/trainer cannot be ar*ed with such a player.

So Caroline will have to settle for 2nd or 3rd best and the results will be ... fired after another 3 month.

i am thinking chris evert. she had said before that she would love to coach caro (don't know now), but caro had change her serve motion lately, it looks similar to evert's
jasminefu623 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:15 PM   #3129
country flag Fantasy Hero

Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute Fantasy Hero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

or

Neither probably available anyway. So she'll have to compromise. Also, who wants to work with a tennis player, who's spending that much time on the golf court?

If YOU were a top tennis coach, say Thomas Högstedt, who actually knows Caro, would you leave the single minded Sharapova for the golf WAG Caroline?

So Caroline will have to settle for 2nd or 3rd best and the result will be ... fired after another 3 month.

Wilander is a Caro hater so I doubt he will go for her anyway

Anw you never know, I mean, she did that and her results collapsed, but Rory isn't doing that better either, a new coach may also say that if they want him she has to cut down the wagging and she may even accept, you have no idea of that

http://ski-and-tennis.blogspot.it
my own blog with reviews and articles, have a look if you're intrested
Fantasy Hero is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM   #3130
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

I think the best coaches to pick IMO will be Chris Evert, Michael Mortensen, or Brad Gilbert. I would say Thomas Högstedt but aint he with Pova ? also maybe Antonio Van Grichen but I think he coaching Genie atm

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:29 PM   #3131
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

or

But who can determine what coaches are better or worse? Some work better with some players and some with others, just look at Sanchez for example. It's all relative. Plus the key thing here is money not if she goes "wagging" or not. I doubt coaches care too much if she goes "wagging" on her free time as long as she pays them good, and all that "wagging" gives her money to pay them.

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:35 PM   #3132
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard to judge how good a coach is. It depends on their student. Caroline needs someone who understands why she was winning, and doesnt want to totally reshape her, like these last 2 years.
But a change is necessary, because 2 years is a lot in tennis and you cant sit back and expect miracles to happen.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:39 PM   #3133
country flag ozza

Quote:

or

I do agree. I don't think Caroline is anywhere near as an attractive coaching proposition as she was going into 2012. You are effectively inheriting a complete mess. She fired 2 coaches after a couple of months last year. She wants to do her own thing with regard to watching golf etc. It looks a lot of hard work and a risk from a coaching proposition. I think we're in cloud cuckoo land if we think Högstedt would even consider Caroline, not a chance imo, in Sharapova he has a client who clearly is willing to put a lot of hard work in, and probably pays higher to boot.

Caroline has to be careful and select someone she can work with, but is willing to stand up to her in decisions, and not someone who is just there to go through the motions and collect the bumper payday.
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #3134
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

wat u guys think of Wim Fisette as being caro coach I think that will be a good pick IMo ?

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 25th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #3135
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

From what her dad said, they will ''steal'' a coach for other player

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread