Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 206 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM   #3076
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
Ignoring a player is the extent of the 'backbone' that Adidas and other sponsors seem to have with their WTA players.Let's say that Caro dumped Rory and began dating some well-known,handsome Hollywood actor who cast aside his wife or gf for Caroline.The notoriety they would get going to many glamorous events together would bring LOTS of attention to both of them and,in this modern era,Caro wouldn't get judged that harshly even if she had sleazily broken up a family--along with the cheating husband--with young kids involved.......Then there's an even simpler strategy where Caro could begin posing for provocative photo shoots in Playboy or other mags.Adidas doesn't wanna be left holding the bag when a still-marketable star finds a way to cash in.I don't think that they have the BALLS to confront her about her on-court struggles
Nike do. It's in Adidas' interest to do something, especially as it reflects poorly on their Adidas Player Development Programme.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2013, 05:11 PM   #3077
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Nike do. It's in Adidas' interest to do something, especially as it reflects poorly on their Adidas Player Development Programme.
I'm inclined to agree with you,but just look at AI's disgrace for evidence on how little Adidas will do.Nike has become so huge worldwide that they might have more clout with their reps,yet I'll bet you that it takes something pretty damned serious for them to upbraid an athlete.I doubt that they'd do ANYthing with Caro unless she were seen WAGging at almost every one of Rory's big tourneys...plus getting overweight while barely training...and showing fairly blatant disinterest in tennis......or if Caro,God forbid,threatened to kill an umpire

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 05:39 PM   #3078
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Confidence affects stuff like when she nets easy routine backhands that in the past you'd expect her to make 10 times out of 10. Stuff like the serve goes way deeper than that. Even at her best she had things that needed working on (easy shots at the net etc.), but now those things are the least of her problems. Now she doesn't even really have a reliable shot, the backhand use to be one of the best in the game, now it's average by top 10 standards, the down the line is pretty much non-existent. You saw vs Zheng just how problematic her forehand has become, Zheng by no means a big hitter, was finding it easy to hit through Caroline on a very slow court, there is no consistent depth at all from that side.

There is no easy fix because you have a player who is low on confidence and being let down by her strokes. Caro isn't one of these players who can hit out of a slump, there is no keep going for it and eventually it will work because that isn't Caro's game. Caro needs her strokes to be consistent and deep. The problem I see long term is I think there needs to be some technical improvement in order for her to gain her confidence back, but I'm not sure any technical improvement is forthcoming.

You can see right now from on court coaching, Caroline is a mess, she's distracted, letting minor things affect her, it tells you all you need to know about her mental state right now. I don't know how the lack of on court coaching will affect things if at all at Roland Garros, it's clear she is getting down on herself very quickly in matches, but Piotr doesn't seem to be able to get her out of it on court anyway so it may not make much of a difference. You do wonder where it is all currently heading though, you can even see it on here, a number of people's long term optimism is heavily waning right now, and Caro isn't giving off any positive vibes for people to get excited about either.
Its not confidence. Its more about being uncoachable.
This is 2 full years of terrible results. 2 years since she was talking about a mystery coach, and she still doesnt have a coach. She's capable of just running off to watch golf any time she wants. The inmate is running the asylum. She needs a coach and she needs to do what the coach tells her.
Instead she just throws her career away. Just a mess of poor play and no improvement at all
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:36 PM   #3079
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Well, I'm even tempered now as well. When I say that most Caro haters, especially those that have a problem with her personality are full of shit I'm not losing my cool. I'm just making an objective observation.
Well,I'm not judging you in ANY way,but you've surprised at least a few people with your use of 'cocksucker' to describe some Caro-bashers;that's NOT a typical Chrissie-fan post--it's more something that AYE would say.You're right that many of those Caro-haters ARE pathetic cocksuckers...it's just unexpected to read that from YOU

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
Old May 24th, 2013, 06:49 PM   #3080
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Its not confidence. Its more about being uncoachable.
This is 2 full years of terrible results. 2 years since she was talking about a mystery coach, and she still doesnt have a coach. She's capable of just running off to watch golf any time she wants. The inmate is running the asylum. She needs a coach and she needs to do what the coach tells her.
Instead she just throws her career away. Just a mess of poor play and no improvement at all
You can kind of piece together from her words why this maybe the case though. She says she doesn't need to work much on the technical side, she is too good a player to be experimenting, she says she doesn't have as much time to train as she use to. None of that is exactly inviting to a new coach.

You have to be comfortable with the team around you, but this can also go too far if you end up surrounding yourself with easy people (yes men, though that maybe too strong a term). That has led to many sports persons downfall in individual sports.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:01 PM   #3081
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
From GM:

View Poll Results: WWW?
Karo in 2 6 votes 5.66%
Karo in 3 9 votes 8.49%
Laura in 2 66 votes 62.26%
Laura in 3 25 votes 23.58%
Don't think they are too far off for once.
Roughly a 15/85 match. Betting odds will be much more balanced. Near 50/50, I'd think.

When Caro played Dulko in AO, Dulko was an overwhelming fave. Same was Lisciki in AO etc etc ... GM always predicts Caro will lose.
If they are right this time, it will just be coincidental.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #3082
country flag ozza

Quote:
Anyone know where she is likely to end up on the ranking list if she loses to Robson here?
There is a high chance she will rise to #9 lol . Stosur is 20 points ahead of Caroline, but has 900 points to defend at Roland Garros (and has a terrible draw to boot). Stosur would have to make the SF's just to maintain the #9 spot. Anyone else has to make the semi finals minimum (and mostly make the final or win the tournament). I would say Caroline is probably most likely to rise to #9 in the rankings after Roland Garros.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #3083
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You can kind of piece together from her words why this maybe the case though. She says she doesn't need to work much on the technical side, she is too good a player to be experimenting, she says she doesn't have as much time to train as she use to. None of that is exactly inviting to a new coach.

You have to be comfortable with the team around you, but this can also go too far if you end up surrounding yourself with easy people (yes men, though that maybe too strong a term). That has led to many sports persons downfall in individual sports.
How can she NOT have time to train? She never wins a match anymore. All she has is time.

Old May 24th, 2013, 07:17 PM   #3084
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know. But the fact that I rarely use that type of language has the advantage that it makes more of an impression when I do.
Definitely. You remind me of my mother (stay with me). She has probably said the "f-word" about five times in her life but when she does it scares the crap out of me.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #3085
country flag ozza

Quote:
How can she NOT have time to train? She never wins a match anymore. All she has is time.
Those are her words from last week. You don't really do your main training in events anyway. It's not like anybody is training 6 hours a day mid-event. You do a little bit to tick over. The main training is done in your weeks off, and as Chrissie-Fan said when you are juggling maybe too many sponsor commitments, wanting to spend time with your boyfriend, you are going to have less time to train.

The signs of this are there for all to see. I remember saying I find it disappointing that Caroline is attending The Masters, that was 8-9 days before Stuttgart started. I would imagine everyone else in Stuttgart was already practicing on the clay that week, Caroline was watching golf at The Masters. Some were saying at the time she needs the vacation, looking back it doesn't really seem to have worked out for her, she hasn't won a match since. She said herself she was playing Charleston because she was nearby for The Masters the week after, there was no real point to playing Charleston.
Old May 24th, 2013, 07:51 PM   #3086
country flag bruce goose

Quote:
I know. But the fact that I rarely use that type of language has the advantage that it makes more of an impression when I do.
There IS such a thing as righteous anger,so could you at least admit that you were much angrier than normal for the righteous cause of defending Caroline?

Old May 24th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #3087
country flag sweetadri06

sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute sweetadri06 has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline was hitting with Kvitova today. So atleast she wont be surprised by anything that Robson throws her way. Their games are mostly identical. Grasping at straws, i know. lol
Old May 24th, 2013, 08:33 PM   #3088
country flag goldenlox

Quote:
Those are her words from last week. You don't really do your main training in events anyway. It's not like anybody is training 6 hours a day mid-event. You do a little bit to tick over. The main training is done in your weeks off, and as Chrissie-Fan said when you are juggling maybe too many sponsor commitments, wanting to spend time with your boyfriend, you are going to have less time to train.

The signs of this are there for all to see. I remember saying I find it disappointing that Caroline is attending The Masters, that was 8-9 days before Stuttgart started. I would imagine everyone else in Stuttgart was already practicing on the clay that week, Caroline was watching golf at The Masters. Some were saying at the time she needs the vacation, looking back it doesn't really seem to have worked out for her, she hasn't won a match since. She said herself she was playing Charleston because she was nearby for The Masters the week after, there was no real point to playing Charleston.
The Masters is long over. Thats not the reason she's losing every match for over a month.
I wasnt against that. I thought after it was over she would have had a vacation and could concentrate on improving (or at least maintaining) her Dubai/IW form.
That her game can vary so wildly from IW to these next 2 months is a bad sign. That she doesnt have a coach is a bad sign. That her dad called her a clown during the Pervak match, and she's telling her dad she doesnt want to look at him, more bad signs

Old May 24th, 2013, 08:50 PM   #3089
country flag ozza

Quote:
I don't hold that against them. Everyone is likely to root for their own in these things. When Kim was playing commentary on Belgian television consisted of little more than, "Come on Kim!" And when she hit a, say, forehand running passing shot just inside the baseline it was always an amazing shot, but when her opponent did the same thing "she got Lucky."
I probably should have used the term British press rather than Eurosport. If Laura beats Caro it will be everywhere how she beat the former world #1, how she's closing in on the top of the game, you might even get some outlandish she can win the title nonsense.

I don't tend to like the Eurosport team for grand slams though. They are full of cliches, and they bring up the same tired arguments every match about MTO's, comfort breaks etc.. It will be worse that I think Sam Smith isn't working for them on the French Open (she's listed down for ITV, I don't know if she can do both), and she's one of the few on Eurosport who is knowledgeable about the womens game. A number of the commentators talk with disdain about womens tennis.
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:02 PM   #3090
country flag ozza

Quote:
The Masters is long over. Thats not the reason she's losing every match for over a month.
I wasnt against that. I thought after it was over she would have had a vacation and could concentrate on improving (or at least maintaining) her Dubai/IW form.
That her game can vary so wildly from IW to these next 2 months is a bad sign. That she doesnt have a coach is a bad sign. That her dad called her a clown during the Pervak match, and she's telling her dad she doesnt want to look at him, more bad signs
But it put her off to a bad start. Caro came into the clay season with 7 days of practice. She went into Stuttgart under prepared, it's all spiraled downwards from there, she's been fighting an uphill battle ever since. You need to be putting in more work on your worst surface, not less.

I was one of those who was very pro a new coach, for me she should have got a new coach in the off season, right now I am not too sure though. Its kind of gone beyond just a lack of coaching. Right now she doesn't seem happy on the court, there's a lack of passion, there's no spark, she's almost just going through the motions. She sounds such a mess from on court coaching you could hardly believe this is the same player from a couple of years ago. She sounds like a confused girl whose world has come crashing down around her and doesn't know why. Psychologically she sounds pretty much ruined.
Closed Thread