Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 205 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 24th, 2013, 11:20 AM   #3061
country flag Saraya!

Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute Saraya! has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Caroline 1st round exit again my god, what a shame...

Wmbledon, US Open and now RG

Jelena Jankovic - Empress of WTA

Serena Williams - Simply Serena; simply the best!
Saraya! is online now View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 24th, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3062
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Caroline is currently on the biggest losing streak of her entire career. Their has to be some alarm bells going off in her camp. It shows how ridiculous it is that I would guess Laura and most her fans are relishing this draw.
ozza is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:26 AM   #3063
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Caroline is currently on the biggest losing streak of her entire career. Their has to be some alarm bells going off in her camp. It shows how ridiculous it is that I would guess Laura and most her fans are relishing this draw.
Caroline is playing the best tennis of her entire career. The bells you hear are bells of celebration!!

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM   #3064
country flag Blu€

Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute Blu€ has a reputation beyond repute

at the draw , again she draws Serena's quarter and probably one of the toughest 1st rounds. Not that she deserves anything better the way she's playing though.
1st round loss here is at 90% chance, can she surprise us like she did at the AO?

···♥♥Wozniacki♥♥···

♪♫♪♫In a sky full of stars I think I saw you ♪♫♪♫
Blu€ is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM   #3065
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Have Caro even played Laura before, My Thought on the draw is the opening round going be tough but the other round are winnable the draw kinda remind me of her draw at AO this year, but at the same token her form has been awful lately so she going have too play some very good too win the first round

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:13 PM   #3066
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I still say she should have indoor courts booked for Thursday, just in case. And start serious practicing for hardcourt season.

But, Robson hasnt gotten past the 3rd round all year, and everyone thinks she should win. So she might play like Lisicki did in Melbourne, make a ton of unforced errors as soon as the points start. Its not like playing Sharapova. Robson is another adidas player with lousy coaching
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:53 PM   #3067
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I still say she should have indoor courts booked for Thursday, just in case. And start serious practicing for hardcourt season.

But, Robson hasnt gotten past the 3rd round all year, and everyone thinks she should win. So she might play like Lisicki did in Melbourne, make a ton of unforced errors as soon as the points start. Its not like playing Sharapova. Robson is another adidas player with lousy coaching
Realistically can you ever see her actually doing this though? I mean you might as well not turn up full stop on grass courts if you did this. I tend to think she has time to do this after Wimbledon, if she keeps to the schedule on her website, she's going to have around 5 weeks off between Wimbledon and Toronto. That is pretty much the only significant period of time off before the end of year, and it's going to be a crucial period of time for Caroline, because if she comes into US hard courts in bad shape then pretty much the entire year is going to be a write off. I do tend to think she should be playing at least one of Stanford and Carlsbad though.

I guess it won't do much good for Caroline's stock within Adidas if she loses to Laura.
Old May 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #3068
country flag Hoergren
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of Hoergren has much to be proud of

Carline has got a fairly tough draw, but maybe that's the best because there are no 1 match wonders only players she knows and maybe also know how to defeat. We'll see and I surely hope she will get to the 4th round. That could be a good mental lift to her confidence which is the only problem she has. Her gameplay is as good as it can be and she is super fit. Go get them Caroline
Hoergren is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:41 PM   #3069
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoergren View Post
Carline has got a fairly tough draw, but maybe that's the best because there are no 1 match wonders only players she knows and maybe also know how to defeat. We'll see and I surely hope she will get to the 4th round. That could be a good mental lift to her confidence which is the only problem she has. Her gameplay is as good as it can be and she is super fit. Go get them Caroline
Really? Albeit some of it is linked to confidence, but I don't think her game play is anywhere near as good as it can be. Her serve is way too easy to attack right now. The depth off of her forehand is making her too easy to attack. There are many other teething problems that could do with ironing out that aren't just all down to a lack of confidence.
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:50 PM   #3070
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Really? Albeit some of it is linked to confidence, but I don't think her game play is anywhere near as good as it can be. Her serve is way too easy to attack right now. The depth off of her forehand is making her too easy to attack. There are many other teething problems that could do with ironing out that aren't just all down to a lack of confidence.
Sadly I agree I happy that she change her Serve Stance Her leg not all pull out anymore, But Both her Serve & FH can get better & can Improve I hoping she will soon make these changes and improve. as far as the Match I fan of both and hate too see ma Fave play each against so early I truly don't know wat the outcome of this match will be

A.Radwańska | Halep | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková
Trey is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM   #3071
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

From GM:

View Poll Results: WWW?

Karo in 2 6 votes 5.66%
Karo in 3 9 votes 8.49%
Laura in 2 66 votes 62.26%
Laura in 3 25 votes 23.58%

Don't think they are too far off for once.
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 03:56 PM   #3072
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I dont think its confidence because this awful streak started right after Indian Wells. She should have been feeling good about that result, but lost early in Miami & Charleston, then kept losing every match since.
This is a longterm mess with no easy fix.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM   #3073
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
Very few because gun laws in Belgium are very strict. But if you intent to needle me just a little bit (although all in good fun, I know) with you mentionning Belgium so often as of late it won't work. Ones nationality means nothing to me because it's only a matter of coincidence and not achievement. It's neither something to be proud of or be embarrassed about as far as I'm concerned.

I will communicate with anyone who's polite. It's not my call to say who's allowed to post here and who isn't. That's the moderators job. But unfortunatey he only comes here once a year to wish everyone a merry Christmas and a happy new year. I have no idea who's who or what's what at GM anymore anyway. In the past I used to have weeks of being very active there followed by months of complete inactivity. Now I only very rarely visit GM anymore, and when I do so and I post something it's usually without reading the posts that preceded my own. I know that 95% of it is complete rubbish anyway, so I don't bother wasting my time on it.
Yeah,I knew,with almost complete certainty,that you wouldn't get upset as you're nothing like the one I cited the other day whose Sissy Status has reached HOF levels now.It's still noteworthy,though,that you're normally very,very even-tempered yet some of the Caro-bashers have noticeably raised your ire.I definitely respect your passion for defending her and have done so myself,of course,when necessary......admittedly,avoiding GM makes that a much easier job

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:47 PM   #3074
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Will Adidas' support team even be with Caro on this one? They have been heavily involved with Robson since she got rid of Krajan, and probably see Laura as their next big prospect now.
Ignoring a player is the extent of the 'backbone' that Adidas and other sponsors seem to have with their WTA players.Let's say that Caro dumped Rory and began dating some well-known,handsome Hollywood actor who cast aside his wife or gf for Caroline.The notoriety they would get going to many glamorous events together would bring LOTS of attention to both of them and,in this modern era,Caro wouldn't get judged that harshly even if she had sleazily broken up a family--along with the cheating husband--with young kids involved.......Then there's an even simpler strategy where Caro could begin posing for provocative photo shoots in Playboy or other mags.Adidas doesn't wanna be left holding the bag when a still-marketable star finds a way to cash in.I don't think that they have the BALLS to confront her about her on-court struggles

Semi-retired tennis fan praying for a Culture of Accountability from the Pathetic Enabler, the WTA

Soccer=the RCC and Islam in terms of brainwashed,mindless fanatics who'll kill and maim for their stupid religion
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 24th, 2013, 04:48 PM   #3075
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
I dont think its confidence because this awful streak started right after Indian Wells. She should have been feeling good about that result, but lost early in Miami & Charleston, then kept losing every match since.
This is a long term mess with no easy fix.
Confidence affects stuff like when she nets easy routine backhands that in the past you'd expect her to make 10 times out of 10. Stuff like the serve goes way deeper than that. Even at her best she had things that needed working on (easy shots at the net etc.), but now those things are the least of her problems. Now she doesn't even really have a reliable shot, the backhand use to be one of the best in the game, now it's average by top 10 standards, the down the line is pretty much non-existent. You saw vs Zheng just how problematic her forehand has become, Zheng by no means a big hitter, was finding it easy to hit through Caroline on a very slow court, there is no consistent depth at all from that side.

There is no easy fix because you have a player who is low on confidence and being let down by her strokes. Caro isn't one of these players who can hit out of a slump, there is no keep going for it and eventually it will work because that isn't Caro's game. Caro needs her strokes to be consistent and deep. The problem I see long term is I think there needs to be some technical improvement in order for her to gain her confidence back, but I'm not sure any technical improvement is forthcoming.

You can see right now from on court coaching, Caroline is a mess, she's distracted, letting minor things affect her, it tells you all you need to know about her mental state right now. I don't know how the lack of on court coaching will affect things if at all at Roland Garros, it's clear she is getting down on herself very quickly in matches, but Piotr doesn't seem to be able to get her out of it on court anyway so it may not make much of a difference. You do wonder where it is all currently heading though, you can even see it on here, a number of people's long term optimism is heavily waning right now, and Caro isn't giving off any positive vibes for people to get excited about either.
Closed Thread