Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 201 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:41 AM   #3001
country flag CWTennis

CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute CWTennis has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

here's translation ( thanks to TennisSupporter again) of this convo-starting at 1:05:53, between Caro and Piotr:
Caroline : Dad, when I look at you I feel stressed.....
Piotr : Ok, just listen to me. You are playing your forehand in the middle of the court, you have to play longer, go for it!
Piotr : Use your mind also, not only a strenght, focus on what we have been practicing.
Caroline : I just can't move on this clay very well..
Piotr : Ok, Caro, don't feel stressed, focus on your game, love you(!!), c'mon!

You got yourself some haterZ
Hope they choke on Now and Laters™

CWTennis is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:53 AM   #3002
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Heh, she said something similar last year. I remember getting in to some disagreements about those kinds of statements.
It was during Moscow. She noted that being #1 required her to attend more functions, promos, sponsorship meetings etc than before, hence there was less time on the court.

It's sorta obvious. #1 has more of such obligations than #999. If you have obligations off the court, there is less time on the court.

Still at the time, it was a big deal in GM. With the favoured put-down along the lines : Lucky for you then, stupid annoying girl, you'll never ever win a slam.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:05 AM   #3003
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
here's translation ( thanks to TennisSupporter again) of this convo-starting at 1:05:53, between Caro and Piotr:
Piotr : Ok, just listen to me. You are playing your forehand in the middle of the court, you have to play longer, go for it!
Piotr : Use your mind also, not only a strenght, focus on what we have been practicing.
We only have snippets, but she sounds like a petulant child. Whining and whinging and sulking. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she'd just signed a new sponsorship deal with Red Bull.

Poor Piotr. He must be in a terrible position. Obviously she is very unhappy on court, but as a father, he'll obviously not just abandon her. How on earth has it all gone so wrong. *sighs*

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:38 AM   #3004
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:08 AM   #3005
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoss View Post
What do folks think about Caro skipping Eastbourne (she's currently listed on her website as playing there)? I think it'd a good idea as Eastbourne seems to me to be more about practicing playing in heavy winds than getting used to grass. It'd give her close to 4 weeks (there's a pretty good chance Caro loses in the 1st or 2nd round of the French Open) to train or at least have a mental break/rest from tennis.
Yeah, after she loses in Paris, she should train on hardcourt.
She's going to play Wimbledon as a noncontender anyway, so start getting ready for hardcourt, where you dont have some built-in excuse about the footing.

Not having enough time is also a phony excuse. She just spent the whole week at The Masters. Wednesday caddie and watched all 4 rounds. There was plenty of time to satisfy sponsors without missing any scheduled training.

There really are no excuses, just like there are no results. Besides one and done. Every tournament
This is a self destruction of a once promising career. She should look in the mirror to see who is beating her
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:30 AM   #3006
country flag TennisFan66

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
Not having enough time is also a phony excuse.
You have to make the distinction between, how it was when she was #1 and how it is now.

I refuse to believe she is NOW saying, she doesn't have enough time to train. It does however not invalidate that she felt this way, when she was #1 and everyone was pulling in her.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1
Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:48 AM   #3007
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its something you dont say, even if you believe it. Sharapova just went to 4 straight finals and was still doing all her promotions. Serena does all her off court promotions.
Caroline has plenty of time. And complaining about footing is nonsense too. If its slippery, its true for your opponent also. You have to deal with wind, rain, playing 2 matches close together. That could be Rogers Cup. US Open is super windy with lots of rain delays.
Thats tennis. You have to play the point, not look for excuses (always easy to find them)

Old May 23rd, 2013, 11:53 AM   #3008
country flag goldenlox

Once you start making excuses about clay footing, you might as well not play on clay. Clay or grass can be very slippery.
Maybe she should only train on hardcourt. Just make her schedule around hardcourt and play Madrid and FO, Wimbledon. The rest of the year only hard court

Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:25 PM   #3009
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post
We only have snippets, but she sounds like a petulant child. Whining and whinging and sulking. If I didn't know any better, I'd think she'd just signed a new sponsorship deal with Red Bull.

Poor Piotr. He must be in a terrible position. Obviously she is very unhappy on court, but as a father, he'll obviously not just abandon her. How on earth has it all gone so wrong. *sighs*
Moe Szyslak has a theory:

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:26 PM   #3010
country flag Jimmie48
Killer Queen

Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute Jimmie48 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisFan66 View Post

I refuse to believe she is NOW saying, she doesn't have enough time to train. It does however not invalidate that she felt this way, when she was #1 and everyone was pulling in her.
Sorry to chime in here but that is a lame excuse if you ask me.

I'm really no fan of Sharapova but she is by far the busiest player in terms of off-court business and she finds enough time to train and take care of her tennis.

My Tennis Photo Website

Twitter
Jimmie48 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:36 PM   #3011
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie48 View Post
Sorry to chime in here but that is a lame excuse if you ask me.

I'm really no fan of Sharapova but she is by far the busiest player in terms of off-court business and she finds enough time to train and take care of her tennis.
Maria is (I believe) one of the smartest players on the tour in terms of her scheduling. She plays appreciably fewer tournaments per year than most of the other players but overall it doesn't hurt her ranking because the tournaments she does play she is very prepared for and due to her preparation she usually has good results.

We can argue about whether she would actually use any free time to work on her game but if Caroline played two or three fewer tournaments she could theoretically use that time to improve her game. Going deeper while playing fewer tournaments is obviously much better than bombing out in your first or second match in a packed schedule.

I do think that Caroline deserves a little slack concerning her schedule. When she ascended to number one she must have had an extreme number of people with their hand out and at first it may have been overwhelming for her and her team. However, they should have been able to strike a better balance after the first six months or so. As has been pointed out Caroline is not the first player to have great demands on her time. If others can handle it, while delivering much better results at the "big" tournaments, my sympathy for Caroline and her situation is limited.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:52 PM   #3012
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Heh, she said something similar last year. I remember getting in to some disagreements about those kinds of statements.

If that is true and her "other obligations" are harming her as a tennis player she needs to cut down on those obligations and focus on rebuilding her game. Despite what she may claim she can set her own schedule. She may incur some financial penalties but if she "fixes" her game it will be more than worth it. Otherwise she just sounds like she isn't prioritising the things that really matter. She's not a victim, it is up to her to decide what is important to her and try to salvage her career.
Yes to me it sounds very alarming. We're always told Caro works so hard, but she's specifically saying herself she can't train as often as she use to. Probably now due to the drop in her stock, she has probably lost a lot of leeway with her sponsors. If she doesn't sort out her tennis career, most of these people will be more than willing to drop her at the drop of a hat in a couple of years.

What is more important, maximising her tennis career or just cashing in on her name for every penny she can get?

Quote:
The French Open starts on sunday (personally I rather dislike that) and Caro may be among those who have to play on sunday. If she has a sunday start, it would be really bad judgement and unprofessional to be outside of France the day before the French Open. Even if Caro has a tuesday start, it would still be poor preparation to be in London for a boxing match rather than practicing and adjusting to conditions in Paris.
It would be terrible preparation to be anywhere but Paris. The top players are all already in Paris. If she was in the UK she wouldn't even be practicing on clay courts.

Quote:
What do folks think about Caro skipping Eastbourne (she's currently listed on her website as playing there)? I think it'd a good idea as Eastbourne seems to me to be more about practicing playing in heavy winds than getting used to grass. It'd give her close to 4 weeks (there's a pretty good chance Caro loses in the 1st or 2nd round of the French Open) to train or at least have a mental break/rest from tennis.
It doesn't really make much difference in my mind. The grass warm ups never seem to make much actual difference to the result at Wimbledon. Realistically I can't see her actually withdrawing from tournaments. She's going to have time to train after Wimbledon, whether she actually uses that time wisely or not is another thing though.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:15 PM   #3013
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Every snippet of their recent conversations just makes Caro sound a complete mess in total disarray (not that it's surprising), she seems full of excuses for why she can't play well. She sounds like she can't actually implement what they are practicing, so you have to wonder what it is.

I read on twitter (I thought it was a joke, but maybe it wasn't ) that the reason Piotr put his hood up is because Caro said she doesn't want to look at him anymore.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 02:27 PM   #3014
country flag goldenlox

She had lost 4 matches in a row, 6 of 8, GOING IN to this match, at a tournament she won the last time she played it. She beat Fran here, and 2 weeks later Fran was in the FO Final.
So her game is in disarray. She should got to indoor hard courts and work on her game. She is a total mess & total noncontender right now, so practicing on clay or grass makes no sense.
Go indoors, hard court. No wind, no sun, no rain, find courts she likes the footing, and work on her game. Thats all she should be doing until hard court season. Show up for your match at Wimbledon, then after you lose, back to indoor hard court training

Old May 23rd, 2013, 03:34 PM   #3015
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Several of you have posted clear,strong disappointment with Caroline's excuse-making,and a couple of you have compared her to a spoiled child.With Enabler Allaster and her cronies running the show in the WTA,what else would you expect?? Even the most driven champions occasionally toss out some of the most asinine excuses imaginable in their pressers(though THOSE gals never give in to a loser,defeatist mindset;the alibis are usually quick knee-jerk responses after losses),and it takes a high degree of professionalism to NOT mentally fall into the No-Accountability Trap that is today's WTA subculture.

I'm trying to picture an NFL quarterback matching Caroline's recent level on the field...and then offering lame excuses afterwards.He would be burned in effigy by the team's fans;the team would have no choice but to make a change.I realize that tennis isn't exactly a team sport,per se,yet there are still some relevant,enjoined principles.How can Caroline and other poor performers expect fans' support or respect any more than a jerk-off QB who threw five interceptions DIRECTLY into defenders' hands and then claimed it was HOF-caliber defense??The NFL would never encourage such an assclown by promoting him,no matter HOW photogenic he was.It would be an insult to hard-working,ticket-paying fans...and how can the WTA even HOPE for players to act professionally while they run a diaper-changing service for rich,spoiled bratty girls?I've almost given up on EVER seeing any integrity from Allaster and the WTA,but they could have at least acknowledged that Caro's loss was an upset ON PAPER ONLY--that she had been struggling recently.The WTA webpage makes them look like a clown college with ZERO credibility

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread