Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 200 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:12 PM   #2986
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissie-fan View Post
On Tuesday.
I found an article on their website where Caroline talks about her big goal being winning a grand slam and that is her priority. It's really a case of you need to be able to walk before you can run though.

There is another bit where she claims she would like to win a title (this year). She's just blown possibly her best chance of that though.

I don't suppose you could confirm this translation could you:
Quote:
Wozniacki gelooft dat ze over meer kracht en ervaring beschikt dan vroeger. ‘Dat is ook de reden waarom ik niet meer zes uur per dag train zoals toen ik junior was. Daarnaast is dat ook niet mogelijk, met al die verplichtingen naast het terrein. Met de jaren leer je jezelf beter kennen. Ik heb veel progressie gemaakt op verschillende vlakken.’
Auto-translation is I think telling me this says she doesn't have the time to train that she had when she was a junior because of all her other obligations. That sounds very alarming.

The last line (I think) says "I have made much progress in several areas". I don't think many would agree with that lol.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:20 PM   #2987
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I don't think she really believes that. The Caro that talks to the media says different things than the Caro who talks to her inner circle. She tries to put a positive spin on things, and while doing so she sounds like tennis' version of comical Ali, but I don't think it represents in any shape or form how she's really feeling. I'm 99.99999% sure of that.
I think the biggest thing that points to unrest in her camp is Piotr's recent on court coaching sessions. Caro again today was fighting back against Piotr, and seemed very agitated and annoyed by whatever he was telling her. She's been doing that the last couple of weeks as opposed to his 5 minute speech in Brisbane where she just sat in silence. It tends to suggest all is not as well as the picture she tries to paint.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:23 PM   #2988
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
I found an article on their website where Caroline talks about her big goal being winning a grand slam and that is her priority. It's really a case of you need to be able to walk before you can run though.

There is another bit where she claims she would like to win a title (this year). She's just blown possibly her best chance of that though.

Auto-translation is I think telling me this says she doesn't have the time to train that she had when she was a junior because of all her other obligations. That sounds very alarming.

The last line (I think) says "I have made much progress in several areas". I don't think many would agree with that lol.
Yes, I saw that article on their website as well. It's not the same one as was in the newspaper. Your translation is correct.

Most of the article in the newspaper is about the usual stuff (slamless number one, lovely girl, etc..), the fact that she was a last minute replacement for Aga and her relationship with Rory.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:27 PM   #2989
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think the biggest thing that points to unrest in her camp is Piotr's recent on court coaching sessions. Caro again today was fighting back against Piotr, and seemed very agitated and annoyed by whatever he was telling her. She's been doing that the last couple of weeks as opposed to his 5 minute speech in Brisbane where she just sat in silence. It tends to suggest all is not as well as the picture she tries to paint.
I agree. I like to see subtitles with those coaching sessions. She never used to talk back to him, now she does it almost every time. Piotr is different as well. Whereas he used to be borderline aggressive, now he is very calm.
Chrissie-fan is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:37 PM   #2990
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
This could be either good OR bad---or even a mix of both,perhaps.The downside would be if she simply didn't give a damn and didn't wanna hear ANY critiques of her game,even from Dad.The upside would be if she had grown dissatisfied with Piotr's approach to her tennis and sought better results.....Will not render a guess as to the primary root of the bickering

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:41 PM   #2991
country flag ozza

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
This could be either good OR bad---or even a mix of both,perhaps.The downside would be if she simply didn't give a damn and didn't wanna hear ANY critiques of her game,even from Dad.The upside would be if she had grown dissatisfied with Piotr's approach to her tennis and sought better results.....Will not render a guess as to the primary root of the bickering
Yes, more would be revealed if we could tell what was actually being said. You don't need to understand it though to work out everything is not rosy.
Old May 22nd, 2013, 11:46 PM   #2992
country flag TennisFan66

TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute TennisFan66 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
No, it isn't.

Commenting on her 67 weeks as #1: "I have been #1. It was a dream for me. A unbelievable experience, but I don't necessarily have to repeat that. You have to set realistic goals for yourself. Serena Williams has destroyed everyone in Madrid and Rome. I don't see her going anywhere anytime soon. But I think I'm playing my best tennis ever now. I'm stronger, I'm older and I'm wiser. Besides, there are other things that I haven't done yet" (meaning winning a slam).
This really is Comical Caro ...

On a (perhaps) more encouraging note, in the post match interview, she alluded to, she'd now go to Paris to prepare. Hmmm. Golf and boxing in London this week.

We'll see.

WTA #1 for 67 Weeks.
2010, 2011 WTA YE#1

Last edited by TennisFan66 : May 23rd, 2013 at 12:31 AM.
TennisFan66 is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:12 AM   #2993
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Its too bad. 2 years ago, when she was #1 by 3000 points, the coaches around her could have cleaned up the simple stuff - putting away a short overhead, a simple volley, slightly improve her serve. Instead of taking her game apart.
But its really Caroline. You cant let people around you destroy your game. You fight for your career.
She still cant do the simpliest things near the net, and now her forehand is an inconsistent mess along with every previous problem
No quick solution to this. Probably no solution at all
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 12:46 AM   #2994
country flag Marilyn Monheaux

Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute Marilyn Monheaux has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

This reminds me of sth I read about Maria a few years ago, that she schedules most of her commercial commitments during one or two weeks during the (off-)season, because she doesn't want these things to get in the way of her actual job - tennis. Caro's a big enough name to have her sponsors adjust their schedules to her needs and not the other way around.

As for Caro's tennis... sheeesh. It isn't even entertaining to poke fun at her anymore...

On the one hand I think Caroline needs to take some time off after Wimbledon and try to clear her mind off what's happened these past months, but on the other hand I think Caro should play, play, play and figure out if she still has the same passion, hunger and determination for the game or if she'd rather just enjoy her and Rory's money and fame...
Marilyn Monheaux is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:17 AM   #2995
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
The most uplifting thing about that match for me came when Caro smashed her racquet to the ground in disgust because it showed that she cared. If I had been Piotr I would have advised her to try a little gamesmanship. Like, "go over to Zheng and tell her that Mao was a cocksucker" or something. Desperate times call for desperate measures.
Hmm, there seems to be a correlation between Caroline losing more often and an increase in your potty mouth. I'm not judging you just making an observation.

When the quiet, polite ones start using words like "cocksucker" it makes me go

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:20 AM   #2996
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marilyn Monheaux View Post

This reminds me of sth I read about Maria a few years ago, that she schedules most of her commercial commitments during one or two weeks during the (off-)season, because she doesn't want these things to get in the way of her actual job - tennis. Caro's a big enough name to have her sponsors adjust their schedules to her needs and not the other way around.

As for Caro's tennis... sheeesh. It isn't even entertaining to poke fun at her anymore...

On the one hand I think Caroline needs to take some time off after Wimbledon and try to clear her mind off what's happened these past months, but on the other hand I think Caro should play, play, play and figure out if she still has the same passion, hunger and determination for the game or if she'd rather just enjoy her and Rory's money and fame...
Well,we can never have enough lovely,horny German gals in here but,by the time that you come back,let's hope that Caroline can entertain us all with some quality tennis instead of giving no-life haters more fodder

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Latinoamerica, where we have extended holiday vacations
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:28 AM   #2997
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Heh, she said something similar last year. I remember getting in to some disagreements about those kinds of statements.

If that is true and her "other obligations" are harming her as a tennis player she needs to cut down on those obligations and focus on rebuilding her game. Despite what she may claim she can set her own schedule. She may incur some financial penalties but if she "fixes" her game it will be more than worth it. Otherwise she just sounds like she isn't prioritising the things that really matter. She's not a victim, it is up to her to decide what is important to her and try to salvage her career.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:32 AM   #2998
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWTennis View Post
There is a boxing match in London on Saturday- Kessler vs Froch, I read on twitter that Rory could be among guests, plus Kessler is good friend of Caro, so it's very tempting!
The French Open starts on sunday (personally I rather dislike that) and Caro may be among those who have to play on sunday. If she has a sunday start, it would be really bad judgement and unprofessional to be outside of France the day before the French Open. Even if Caro has a tuesday start, it would still be poor preparation to be in London for a boxing match rather than practicing and adjusting to conditions in Paris.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:44 AM   #2999
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

What do folks think about Caro skipping Eastbourne (she's currently listed on her website as playing there)? I think it'd a good idea as Eastbourne seems to me to be more about practicing playing in heavy winds than getting used to grass. It'd give her close to 4 weeks (there's a pretty good chance Caro loses in the 1st or 2nd round of the French Open) to train or at least have a mental break/rest from tennis.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Old May 23rd, 2013, 07:00 AM   #3000
country flag Protoss

Quote:
But I don't think she really believes that. The Caro that talks to the media says different things than the Caro who talks to her inner circle. She tries to put a positive spin on things, and while doing so she sounds like tennis' version of comical Ali, but I don't think it represents in any shape or form how she's really feeling. I'm 99.99999% sure of that.
There's putting a positive spin on things and then there's lying or being delusional.
Closed Thread