Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 183 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:15 AM   #2731
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Any news out about Caroline may take a wildcard into Brussels next week? rumours here say she will play.....

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 15th, 2013, 12:20 AM   #2732
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

I think she should play Brussels. Going into a major with 4 straight losses and no matches in 14 days doesnt sound good. Not when she loses to Pervak and after says she needs matches.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:27 AM   #2733
country flag Jorn
Good Luck Caro in 2014!

Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute Jorn has a reputation beyond repute

Btw, I don't know what's been said here about todays match, I just watched the last 2 sets and it was OK play, just was BoJ a bit better in the tb... But as a dane said, it was much better match today than at the last loss she had...

Caroline Wozniacki Result page
Caroline Wozniacki tennis Forums
Jorn is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 12:52 AM   #2734
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorn View Post
Btw, I don't know what's been said here about todays match, I just watched the last 2 sets and it was OK play, just was BoJ a bit better in the tb... But as a dane said, it was much better match today than at the last loss she had...
Nobody here was happy with the level of play, especially being up 4-0 in set 3 & losing to a player who had not won a match since January
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 02:24 AM   #2735
country flag PMBH

PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future PMBH has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
Yes, I'm talking about taking a break to work on her game, especially mentally. Skip the clay season and come back when she's really ready to play the tennis she knows how to play, steady and agressive when needed, on her favourite surface in full form and focus.
Absolutely agree that she needs to skip parts of the season instead of just going on and on with the same routine.

I just finished re-reading Andre Agassi's biography. It's telling that every time he had a slump in results due to lack of motivation, minor injuries, or whatever, he would take a break of 3-6 months even if it meant missing a slam or two. When Agassi experienced his worst crisis and fell out of the top-100 he deliberately reignited his career almost from scratch by playing a number of obscure ITF level tournaments. Simply to get his 'winning feeling' back and despite the fact that he could easily get WCs to every ATP tournament he wanted. Less than one year later he was back to number 1 in the world.

I hope Caro could learn from the examples of Agassi and other true GOATs...
PMBH is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 03:24 AM   #2736
country flag Protoss

Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute Protoss has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
Thanks for your correction , I edited my post now. My point was more that Caro could literally be going into these surfaces at pretty much rock bottom confidence wise, that isn't going to benefit you regardless of you changing to a more preferred surface.
She could chalk these most recent struggles up to being on clay.
The Babylon project was our last best hope for peace. A self-contained world five miles long, located in neutral territory. A place of commerce and diplomacy for a quarter of a million humans and aliens. A shining beacon in space, all alone in the night. It was the dawn of the third age of mankind, the year the great war came upon us all. This is the story of the last of the Babylon stations. The year is 2259, the name of the place is Babylon 5. (John Sheridan: Babylon 5: Season 2: The Coming of Shadows)
Protoss is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #2737
country flag bruce goose

bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute bruce goose has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post
Absolutely agree that she needs to skip parts of the season instead of just going on and on with the same routine.

I just finished re-reading Andre Agassi's biography. It's telling that every time he had a slump in results due to lack of motivation, minor injuries, or whatever, he would take a break of 3-6 months even if it meant missing a slam or two. When Agassi experienced his worst crisis and fell out of the top-100 he deliberately reignited his career almost from scratch by playing a number of obscure ITF level tournaments. Simply to get his 'winning feeling' back and despite the fact that he could easily get WCs to every ATP tournament he wanted. Less than one year later he was back to number 1 in the world.

I respect the research that you did in citing this example,yet there's a broad disparity here in that Agassi had the self-confidence of almost KNOWING that he could find his way back when he was ready to re-apply himself to his career.I'd be shocked if Caroline had anywhere NEAR that level of confidence,nor does she have much basis for it.

Can only speculate on how interested each is interested in matrimony but,if Caroline DID announce that she was quitting for a protracted period,Rory might very well take that as a cue that she was tired of tennis and ready for marriage and motherhood...and,in turn,Caro might be VERY tempted to quit for good and accept that proposal.For the record,I'm not making any judgments at all on whether that would be good or bad for Caroline

Ste. Kim, we didn't have you for long enough, but we appreciate what you gave us

Opening Soon: The Allaster-Stubbs-Amanmuradova Academy of Feminine Grace and Charm
bruce goose is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 07:40 AM   #2738
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Anders Haahr Rasmuss ‏@AndersHaahr 18t
Sidste gang #Wozniacki tabte fire kampe i træk? Efteråret 2007, da hun var 17 år og lå nr. 62 i verden.

Transl.: Last time #Wozniacki lost four matches in a row? Autumn 2007 when se was 17 years old and ranked no. 62.

EDIT: I just realized there was some crap in the stats thread so I deleted a post below this one.

Last edited by angliru : May 15th, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:04 AM   #2739
country flag KleineBiere

KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute KleineBiere has a reputation beyond repute

damn i have to post

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
worst career result in:

miami
charleston
stuttgart
madrid

will she be a top 8 seed in rome?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
And the season is not even half over! How many more "accomplishments" will she add before the end of the year?
worst result in rome

@angliru

she didn`t play in seoul 2008
KleineBiere is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:33 AM   #2740
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

@KleineBiere
So I realized. Anders Haahr Rasmussen wrote a very nice book on Caro's 09 US Open, and he's one of the most positive Caro writers out there. It's not very likely that he should be wrong. I've probably done a hack copy-n-paste job when I listed those stats. Will have to double check.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:37 AM   #2741
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmoose View Post
not sure why some people think playing in Brussels will lead to "few more wins."

Caro will most likely face players like Bojo, CSN and players of that calibre and ranking.
This is not GM, stop trolling.
marineblue is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM   #2742
marineblue

marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute marineblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
You're right that the match summaries are a minor issue,but they are a reflection of the overall piss-ant attitude that exists in the WTA.

Your second paragraph makes no sense,tbh,and contradicts what you've posted previously on a couple occasions.The WTA ALREADY shows bias in how they promote certain players--and pamper them in other ways--and focuses on the stars while giving scant attention to lesser players...which is very logical of them.To blindly ignore problems with such stars is just plain STUPID--and bad for business--and,unfortunately,status quo for the WTA.....Let me take that back;they don't just ignore the problems,they ENCOURAGE them with their assclown quasi-leadership.If an NFL star were caught using coke,the league would be cautious in how often they used him in promos until he had proven rehabilitation to a fair extent.The WTA has no such standards;even players who embarrass the sport are promoted as if they were laudable heroes.

There wouldn't be any fines or suspensions needed for indifferent underachievers;they'd simply be totally replaced in promos by players who DID give a damn and try their best.Establishing such a standard would change the whole subculture of the WTA for the better
This. I think that their pretending that everything is still OK keeps players under false impression that bad results don't matter. If they suddenly were excluded from promotion and their results would be reported accurately they would have to face it. But their enables rather care about short-term profits rather than ensuring they really have the stars that can impress people with consistent results.

I wonder how long they kept telling Ana everything was just fine
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:45 AM   #2743
marineblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMBH View Post

Last time she tried to follow example of other players and started to change things in her game did it work? I think she needs to do what's best for her instead of copying someone else. She is a player that needs to play a lot of matches to improve IMO. Last year she played only one event before Wimbledon and lost in the first round of that slam . She played 2 events prior to RG and got at least to R3.
Old May 15th, 2013, 08:54 AM   #2744
country flag Chrissie-fan
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute Chrissie-fan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce goose View Post
I respect the research that you did in citing this example,yet there's a broad disparity here in that Agassi had the self-confidence of almost KNOWING that he could find his way back when he was ready to re-apply himself to his career.I'd be shocked if Caroline had anywhere NEAR that level of confidence,nor does she have much basis for it.
That's very true. If Caroline on the other hand took a very long break I very much doubt that she would be able to get back into the groove like he could. So a long break sounds like a bad idea to me when it comes to Caroline. But a short-ish break to think things over, to figure out for herself what she really wants out of tennis and her life and then when she has come to a descision take the necessary steps that she thinks give her the best chance to achieving her goals is a good idea.

Thank you LI NA
Chrissie-fan is online now View My Blog!  
Old May 15th, 2013, 09:00 AM   #2745
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Some of us thought that she could not do any worse on clay than she did last year. Once again Caroline has proven her "critics" wrong.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Closed Thread