Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6 - Page 180 - TennisForum.com
TennisForum.com   Wagerline.com MensTennisForums.com TennisUniverse.com
TennisForum.com is the premier Women's Tennis forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.Please Register - It's Free!
Closed Thread

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #2686
country flag adamserenavenus

adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold adamserenavenus is a splendid one to behold
Re: Danish Delight - Caroline Wozniacki thread - vol 6

Check wikipedia she is playing Mixed Doubles with Frederik Neilson who she teamed up with at the 2012 Hopman Cup.
adamserenavenus is offline View My Blog!  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2687
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by backhandsmash View Post
You did watch this, right? The fail could not be harder if you tried.
Oh, I watched it.

I'm just saying that she is hardly done. Maria fell much lower than Caroline has and she is right back to where she was at her best, she even (briefly) became number one again. That doesn't mean that Caroline will come back but I think it proves that it is possible for her to come back. This is her low, we know that she is capable of doing much better. Why do some of you assume that she will never do better than she currently is doing?

Incidentally, this seems like a perfect time for me to request that my title as the resident pessimist of this forum be removed. I don't know if anyone else desires that title but I just don't feel like I am worthy of it any longer.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:54 PM   #2688
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu€ View Post
I wish we got some real insight from her team, this form she has shown since IW is shockingly bad. She really needs to take a break for good. Showing up to play this level isn't worth it for a top player.
There is probably no chance of getting any real insight though. The thing with taking a break, how are all the people who are suggesting it saying she should go about it. Are you saying take a break from the tour, but go work on your game for the hard court season. Or just take a complete break full stop? The latter is very risky business.
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 05:56 PM   #2689
country flag backhandsmash

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, she's not done. But you have to agree it's pretty close after watching this abomination of a match. How can you lose this?
backhandsmash is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM   #2690
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I concur. I will still follow her at all times though.
I really admire the last part.

But I also think Caro deserves our support - not for how she's performed at the last 4 tournaments (or the last couple of years for that matter) - but for her 20 titles (4th among active players) and countless other merits during her very short pro career. She's still only 22 years old. And she's ranked #9. But everyone is jumping the ship and calling her a journeywoman or a hack. It's not fair.

Serena has lost the 1st round at a slam. Maria has too. And Vika. It's not the end of the world. I'd like to see Caro with a bit of her old attitude and spirit again though.
angliru is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #2691
country flag ozza

ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute ozza has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInAHole View Post
Oh, I watched it.

I'm just saying that she is hardly done. Maria fell much lower than Caroline has and she is right back to where she was at her best, she even (briefly) became number one again. That doesn't mean that Caroline will come back but I think it proves that it is possible for her to come back. This is her low, we know that she is capable of doing much better. Why do some of you assume that she will never do better than she currently is doing?

Incidentally, this seems like a perfect time for me to request that my title as the resident pessimist of this forum be removed. I don't know if anyone else desires that title but I just don't feel like I am worthy of it any longer.
There is one huge difference. Maria dropped in the rankings because she was injured, she couldn't play tennis, the road to recovery was always going to be a long one. As bad as Maria's darkest days were, you could always see the desire was there to get back to the top, and she was working on the right things to get back to the top. With Caroline you have a player who has dropped down the rankings because of her own cause, and right now you would say is lacking any direction to get back to the top. Even more alarmingly, some are now questioning her desire on the court. Very few players have ever come back when they fell because of their own cause (I can't think of any really off the top of my head).
ozza is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM   #2692
country flag DownInAHole

DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute DownInAHole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozza View Post
There is one huge difference. Maria dropped in the rankings because she was injured, she couldn't play tennis, the road to recovery was always going to be a long one. As bad as Maria's darkest days were, you could always see the desire was there to get back to the top, and she was working on the right things to get back to the top. With Caroline you have a player who has dropped down the rankings because of her own cause, and right now you would say is lacking any direction to get back to the top. Even more alarmingly, some are now questioning her desire on the court. Very few players have ever come back when they fell because of their own cause (I can't think of any really off the top of my head).
True. The only counter that I can offer is that there are still brief glimpses of the player that she once was. No doubt about it, her consistency is gone but if she can get that back she could climb back in to the top five. Right now here serve is so shoddy and unreliable I have to believe that it can get much better. If that happens she will be in a much better position to win close sets/matches that she is currently losing.

There are so many parts of her game that could be drastically improved, even if she is able to make small improvements she will be a much better player. I offer no apologies for her dire results but I do think there are reasons to believe she can and will get better.

Rock 'n' Roll Is Alive! (And It Lives In Minneapolis)
DownInAHole is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:15 PM   #2693

backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute backhandsmash has a reputation beyond repute

We were all "yay" when she started dating him. I am starting to think he has a debilitating effect on her. I'm sorry to sound like Jimmie, but there are some pretty fucking good signs here. Like fucking him has higher priority than than tennis.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #2694
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We were all "yay" when she started dating him. I am starting to think he has a debilitating effect on her. I'm sorry to sound like Jimmie, but there are some pretty fucking good signs here. Like fucking him has higher priority than than tennis.
But its not uncommon to have a boyfriend. Thats no excuse for going from #1 to losing 4 matches in a row, all with good draws.
I think the problem is the people around her telling her she needs an aggressive forehand.
What she needs is to have an aggressive backhand, solid serve, and a very consistent forehand. She's never going to have a forehand like Goerges or Ivanovic, and they arent winning anything anyway, not since 2008
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #2695

But she can fire it off on the forehand if she wants to. That's the frustrating thing. We saw this in this match.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:35 PM   #2696
country flag goldenlox

goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute goldenlox has a reputation beyond repute

This is all in Caro's head. Her team had her thinking she had to change things. Now she doesnt know what to do. Isnt confident. I just saw her best Kerber, so I know her good form isnt lost. That was only 7 matches ago.
HEALTH and HAPPINESS to EVERYONE

goldenlox is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:40 PM   #2697
country flag Trey

Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute Trey has a reputation beyond repute

If That true I think it an good Idea for Caro too play Mixed Double SO I hoping it true

A.Radwańska | Halep | Wozniacki | Bouchard | Keys | Stephens | Robson | Vekić | Puig
Townsend | Duval | Vickery | Abanda | S. Crawford | Chirico | Kovinić | Konjuh | Krejčíková | Siniaková | Soylu
Trey is offline View My Blog!  
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:41 PM   #2698
country flag angliru

angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute angliru has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
We don't know, though.

Caro's life probably hasn't been all fun. She's had to make a lot of sacrifices at a very early age, probably praticing 30 hours a week, if not more, besides schools and so on. And I'm sure she's had a pretty stressful life on the pro circuit as well. She was only 17 when she entered her 1st grand slam maindraw, and she's appeared at every grand slam since then. She's stayed at the top all the time (almost 250 consecutive weeks in the top 20!). She's played an impressive amount of tournaments, and an even more impressive amounts of matches, because she always went very far at every tournament.

Maybe (and I'm only guessing), she really needs to focus less on tennis at this part of her life in order to not burnout (like Nicole), and maybe her relationship with Rory allows her to do that (get away from tennis). But again, I admit it's a rather poor and silly attempt into a pshycological explanation from me, because we really don't know.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:45 PM   #2699

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenlox View Post
This is all in Caro's head. Her team had her thinking she had to change things. Now she doesnt know what to do. Isnt confident. I just saw her best Kerber, so I know her good form isnt lost. That was only 7 matches ago.
It's all self belief and nothing else.

I cannot believe I just typed that out. She knows she won't win a 3 setter.
Old May 14th, 2013, 06:46 PM   #2700
country flag angliru

I'd love to see her and Freddie play mixed. Hopefully they can have a fun, relaxed and enjoyable time on the courts of RG!
Closed Thread